For all of us who will be/have been affected by Hurricane Sandy

Prayers for everyone affected. Sound pretty scary in places. Hope you all are safe!

Our news here has been concentrating on NY - looks pretty bad :scared: Stay safe everyone:angel:

I am an RN in an operating room and I was in a meeting at 1 when the big boss walked by and we said we were no essential and can we go home jokingly. She laughed and said no. Then she got a call and told us to go home. Yah! That will never happen again.

Lost power for a little over an hour. Not bad.

Not sure how it happened but we lucked out. No damage, no power outage, no water (in the basement - yet, but it is still raining!). I'm so thankful!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

After all we went through, I can see some blue sky this morning and we have school. Hope everyone has a safe day.

Not sure how it happened but we lucked out. No damage, no power outage, no water (in the basement - yet, but it is still raining!). I'm so thankful!

Same here! We're amazed and so thankful! Still raining and some wind gusts, but fingers crossed, we think we're in the clear!

No damage here either. Just lots of wind and moderate amounts of rain. The creek has really risen, but its still holding steady. Think we will be ok. So glad to hear good news coming from the rest of my east coast friends.

Boys are off school today, but I have to work and my sinuses are killing me. Don't know if i'm getting a migraine or sinus infection, but the doctor is closed today. Will have to wait it out and see.

happy to hear everyone so far is doing good and no major damage! hope will be the same for our other east coast sisters :hugs:

Blue sky and a bit of sun this morning. Total non - event. Holding warm thoughts for the safety of those who got worse!

We have some pretty wicked winds here again today.. under a wind advisory.. gusts up to 50mph...but I don't think it ever stops... I think we are still at a constant 25 mph.

I heard from Buffy this morning.. she is terribly sick but luckily she got a dr. appt at noon.. No damage just some yard clean up from the few trees she mentioned.

heard from my friend in Bridgewater NJ....all okay, loose siding and yard is a mess...trees down in neighborhood and no power, but they didn't flood thanks to their sump pump and generator!

still no word from friends out on Long Island....West Islip and Amityville

Blink is 100% without power. Assessed tree damage this morning, we lost a tree on the road but I saw blinking lights about 3 this morning so they must have pushed it off the road. It's on a steep incline and we live on a busy road so I will let the DOT handle the tree removal.

I'm sitting at the dr office now, then I hope to get a shower in at either the RV or the firehouse.

DH stayed home to start cutting trees down. In all we are going to lose 5, the tops fell out of the apple trees last night so we'll take them the rest of the way down.

Hopefully we get power back this week.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

We're all ok to. Lost a ton of trees on the trails to mom and dads. The river has started to rise but it's stopped raining as off now.

Prayers for all of those that are in the boat we were last year. I hope it doesn't take them as long to recover as it's taken us.

I did keep the boys home today because of the wind warnings and possible strong tstorms (they have moved those back to after 4pm today now) the high scholl actually had the nerve to ? Tom when he said Levi wouldn't be in. He answered them with I didn't feel it was safe for them to be out. She meekly said oh and hung up! ARGH guess I need to inform this school that they do NOT own my child.

Buffy and Christy, happy to hear you have minimal damage....feel better soon Buffy! Christy, what a rude woman! you have every right to keep the boys home SAFE!

She at least had the good sense enough to do an exchused absence! If not it would have really been ugly.

They could have gone to school here today. But, better to be safe than sorry. Right now the sky is clear and blue. You'd never know yesterday was so bad!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I saw NY got 9" rain - just crazy! Hope you all continue safe!

Forget school - if they've not got the sense to close they've not got the sense to look after your precious babies!;)

Prayers for everyone!! Stay safe! I can not imagine and my heart goes out to everyone affected.

We were debating on what to do about our upcoming trip. We were supposed to head to NYC on Dec. 9-12?? Debating on what to do. Right now we are going to play it by a ear and decide. My MIL really wanted to go to Ellis and Liberty Island. I can only imagine the damage that could have possibly happened yesterday :worried:

We are all safe here. No damage. I was able to get home from work without any detours this morning. Did see some damage on the way home.
I hope everyone stays safe and the restore power to those who have lost it.
Kids have school tomorrow and trick or treating is moved to Saturday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter