FoP sitting issues

bsmcneil

DIS Veteran
I haven't been to WDW since Pandora opened (I look forward to it); but, in seeing a few clips of videos from FoP, I'm a little nervous about it. I have muscular dystrophy and find that my legs (hamstrings, thighs) can cramp easily (and my hips have a hard time). I can sit upright on a bicycle but leaning forward for a while is bound to cause some significant discomfort to pain for me (so, basically, legs straight will be fine - bent will cause pain). Anyone have similar issues who've negotiated FoP with success (or found that it just didn't work)? I don't especially want to spoil the experience by watching ride videos on YouTube (I did watch one that shows what they say re: sitting on the machine and the leg restraints but they show CGI images not people.

You can even go to the attraction and try the test seat out yourself - but I'm guessing the attraction will be too much for you to handle, honestly. The positioning of my leg hurt my cancer re-excision on my calf, (pulled the scar too tight and tore it off the muscle, happens to me once in a while, ouch) and there was no way to readjust once the ride started. You are basically held in place by the back rest and leg parts. But try the test seat out and see if it feels like the position is a problem - hopefully it won't be as it is a great attraction.

Last edited:
A couple of years ago (when my MS started to appear), I rode with a broken ankle. I got the boot in awkward and when it locked, I was in extreme pain. However, it was such an amazing ride that the aaaah took over the pain.

now, with my issues and ms, my legs are now numb so that’s ok (Even tho if I put on wrong pressure, it’s excruciating) but I learned (trial and error), to scoot all the way forward. The first time I rode with full MS, yea, it really hurt my lower back, coz it pushes on it. Last time, I pushed my legs forward and sat straight up and no issues. I’m also 5’11” and have long legs

Last time, I pushed my legs forward and sat straight up and no issues. I’m also 5’11” and have long legs
First timer for this ride in a few weeks. This didn't even occur to me. Obviously taller people ride this ride, but for those of us, does it help to scoot all the way forward or something? One daughter is 6 feet, and the other is 5-9, but her legs are longer than the taller one!

I was concerned about the back brace because I an not only built on the Pooh model but also have a pain pump installed in my back. I told the cast member about the pump and she helped me position so that it didn't press directly on it. Thankfully she was patient as we adjusted.

First timer for this ride in a few weeks. This didn't even occur to me. Obviously taller people ride this ride, but for those of us, does it help to scoot all the way forward or something? One daughter is 6 feet, and the other is 5-9, but her legs are longer than the taller one!
I’m about 5 foot 7.5 and have long legs - my inseam is 34 inches, so I have long legs.
I do scoot all the way forward, which I think helps.

It’s an amazing experience! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do

Opposite size here. 4’11”. If I scoot up a tiny bit I can almost sit straight up.

IF you are comfortable sharing some of your physical issues, ask a CM at the front of the ride too about how they feel that the ride vehicle. My father once asked a CM about a ride vehicle (7D) about my uncle's ability to sit in train vehicle, and during that discussion, the CM said that his father had the same knee surgery and couldn't do a similar attraction and therefore had the honest come to Jesus that it was probably not a good idea for my uncle to ride 7D.

Thank you all - I had no idea that there was a test seat! Admittedly, DAK is on my last time of a sort of commando trip (this time - I'm weirdly going twice between Sept and Jan) so I may already be at my limit but it's good to know I have options. Like some of you experienced, my guess is that I'd get on it and work through the pain as I can be a bit of an adrenaline junkie ... and I notice that my ability to do that (and/or willingness) is fading away with age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter