FOP during Animal Kingdom after hours?

fantomhamst3r

Earning My Ears
For people who have gone to AK after hours, how has your experience been with Flight of Passage? What was the wait time like, and what were your strategies as far as what time of night to get on it? I bought after hours primarily for FOP and to tackle my Expedition Everest fear (never been on it), and am hopeful that I'll be able to get on FOP a few times before the end of the night.

Thanks in advance!

For people who have gone to AK after hours, how has your experience been with Flight of Passage? What was the wait time like, and what were your strategies as far as what time of night to get on it? I bought after hours primarily for FOP and to tackle my Expedition Everest fear (never been on it), and am hopeful that I'll be able to get on FOP a few times before the end of the night.

Thanks in advance!
Virtually no wait as long as you go to the other rides first. Excellent event. Doing it again in September!

Virtually no wait as long as you go to the other rides first. Excellent event. Doing it again in September!
Here’s what we did. Entered park around 8-8:30. Went to ROL. EE until we didn’t want to ride anymore. FOP a few times, EE again a couple times. Then back to FOP. Left before it closed.

Last edited:

I rode EE several times at the beginning of the event, and trust me - I usually HATE roller coasters, but I absolutely love this ride...it’s very smooth.

I then made my way over to FOP, where I was able to ride it 4 times that night...the “longest” part of the ride was exiting, and then walking all the way back around and through the winding paths to get back on!

I rode EE several times at the beginning of the event, and trust me - I usually HATE roller coasters, but I absolutely love this ride...it’s very smooth.

I then made my way over to FOP, where I was able to ride it 4 times that night...the “longest” part of the ride was exiting, and then walking all the way back around and through the winding paths to get back on!
When exactly did you go? And yea my problem with EE or any roller coaster is the stomach feeling you get on drops. I'm a bit traumatized from a time when I was like 5 and got taken on a log flume without realizing that was gonna happen. I've done drops since then but not high ones. Hate that feeling. That being said, I can do rocknroller coaster, space mountain, the mummy... etc as long as they don't have crazy drops.

FoP is kind of a tricky ride. Long pre-show. Takes awhile to walk all the way back around and back in. You sometimes see levels that are offline. Experiences on the DAK DAH thread have varied quit a bit. Most report multiple rides, but just how many is somewhat variable. Most recommend going later in the evening and not first thing.

FoP is kind of a tricky ride. Long pre-show. Takes awhile to walk all the way back around and back in. You sometimes see levels that are offline. Experiences on the DAK DAH thread have varied quit a bit. Most report multiple rides, but just how many is somewhat variable. Most recommend going later in the evening and not first thing.
Thanks! Didn't realize there was a DAH thread.

Here’s what we did. Entered park around 8-8:30. Went to ROL. EE until we didn’t want to ride anymore. FOP a few times, EE again a couple times. Then back to FOP. Left before it closed.
FYI, we went to AK DAH week of 7/14 and the parks were quite busy that week during the day.

When exactly did you go? And yea my problem with EE or any roller coaster is the stomach feeling you get on drops. I'm a bit traumatized from a time when I was like 5 and got taken on a log flume without realizing that was gonna happen. I've done drops since then but not high ones. Hate that feeling. That being said, I can do rocknroller coaster, space mountain, the mummy... etc as long as they don't have crazy drops.

I don't like big drops either. Still have a hard time with Splash. However, the forward drop on EE isn't very big. The backwards drop is bigger, but backwards drops don't bother me. I guess I don't feel like I am falling as much going backwards. The only place EE gets my stomach is a real short period going backwards through what I think is a curve; it's dark and you can't see. The G forces on that small section still get me sometimes, but I don't feel nauseous afterwards. I feel fine the minute we start going forward. I do RNRC, SM, and Mummy too. I am not a big fan of the RNRC inversion, but I will do it at least once per trip, sometimes a few times. You should give EE a try. It's my favorite coaster. Mummy is my 2nd favorite ride at Universal, and I still like EE better.

Our experience for AK after hours in May was fantastic. We arrived around 5 we already had park hoppers so just went through the regular line and got our wrist bands outside of Discovery Trading co.
Our hours that night were 9-12 but regular park close was 8:30.
We picked up a couple of fast passes for other rides and rode Everest 3 times before park close and then at park close went right back to Everest. No line at all and the CM’s were letting all AH people in right at park close. We rode that 5 times back to back, then we got popcorn, then we walked over to Pandora getting ice cream along the way. Rode FOP twice, absolutely no wait other than the time it took to do each pre-show and walk all the way out and back in, but we are fast walkers. Then did Navi twice, no wait, then did FOP again twice, no wait, did Navi again twice, no wait and did FOP twice again, no wait and then walked around Pandora taking night time pictures with no people in them at all. Finished the night with 1 more FOP, so our total for just AH was 7 FOP, 5 Navi, 5 Everest. No wait for anything.
My husband said if they offer these again next year (we did all 3) he would absolutely do all 3 again, as all 3 nights he couldn't believe how many rides we got in and how great it was not to be in big crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter