Footbrawl Game

There were some brutal hits in this game all night it was obvious to this observer that it was not going to end well ejections should have come earlier in this one 2 personal fouls on one play Helmet to Helmet on Rudolph and Ju-Ju (this one was two guys helmet to helmet and not called) Then there was the hit on the Pitts Receiver that left him bleeding from his ear that was called and man ejected. This all reflects on the Head Coach the lack of discipline exhibited by his team. Football is a violent sport but what I watched last night went way beyond that. 3 players ejected from the same team.

Garrett suspended without pay for the remainder of season and some of next season. Because his actions could have resulted in Rudolph receiving a life changing injury. Since I don't know his history I can't say if his acts rise to the level of Burfit.
Pouncey 4 games
Ogunjobi 4 games
Rudolph I could see fines and 1 game for him he did pull at Garrett helmet first.

While it was sad that a "professional" football game to reach that level you had to have seen the humor in watching the referee out that with a score reading off all of the penalties. I can't remember the movie maybe the longest yard when they had a scene with the referee doing the same thing.

My 2 cents
Seems to be on par with what I expected, although I thought there would be a lot more fining as well.

I am going to guess that more might happen and this is just the initial ruling on it.

Anyone who is in full armor (helmet) and hits someone without one is a coward. Fight like a man.
Exact reason I stopped watching the NFL years ago. I am not putting these pieces of garbage into mansions why people who actually work struggle.

I agree it was quite cowardly. I'm a huge NFL fan, and this is completely out of character for what happens in the games, so I think it's not appropriate to paint a broad brush with this isolated incident.

I would also say it's a bit over the top to say he should be criminally charged with assault. In that case, Pouncey should also be charged with assault because he threw punches and kicked Garrett in the head. By strict definition, I suppose it would qualify as "assault", but so would every single fist fight that breaks out in hockey, baseball, etc... Boxing (which I am not a fan of) is pure assault by its nature and the MMA (which I dislike even more than boxing) is even worse. They aren't charged. I'm a big racing fan. Fights have broken out in NASCAR many times, and the drivers have...and do... used their cars to take each other out. No assault charges are filed, and in fact NASCAR often doesn't take any action. Sports are rough, sometimes violent. Controls need to be put into place, and disciplines handed out when warranted. But criminal charges are a bit extreme, IMO.

I agree it was quite cowardly. I'm a huge NFL fan, and this is completely out of character for what happens in the games, so I think it's not appropriate to paint a broad brush with this isolated incident.

I would also say it's a bit over the top to say he should be criminally charged with assault. In that case, Pouncey should also be charged with assault because he threw punches and kicked Garrett in the head. By strict definition, I suppose it would qualify as "assault", but so would every single fist fight that breaks out in hockey, baseball, etc... Boxing (which I am not a fan of) is pure assault by its nature and the MMA (which I dislike even more than boxing) is even worse. They aren't charged. I'm a big racing fan. Fights have broken out in NASCAR many times, and the drivers have...and do... used their cars to take each other out. No assault charges are filed, and in fact NASCAR often doesn't take any action. Sports are rough, sometimes violent. Controls need to be put into place, and disciplines handed out when warranted. But criminal charges are a bit extreme, IMO.

Violent sports doesn't justify assaulting someone with a weapon.

Why?

This is how it started:

1. Garrett tackles Rudolph as Rudolph completes a pass to Fitzgerald Toussaint in the backfield.
  2. Rudolph starts trying to rip Garrett's helmet off his head after they go to the ground.
  3. Garrett retaliates.

That's what I saw, but now Rudolph is the victim and Garrett is suspended indefinitely, huge fines, etc.? No punishment for Rudolph?

He still might. Cleveland Police stated that Rudolph has to press charges and the last I heard him and his agent were looking into it.

I'm a steeler can ,.and according to SNR, the team might press charges, but Rudolph probably won't - apparently, Pitt brass was furious at the amount of headhunting that went on last night, prior to the disgusting brawl

I agree it was quite cowardly. I'm a huge NFL fan, and this is completely out of character for what happens in the games, so I think it's not appropriate to paint a broad brush with this isolated incident

Ray Lewis, adrian Peterson, marvin Harrison, Arran hernandez...burrfect, Antonio's brown the list goes on and on and on.
Boxers consent to the fight. Its totally assault. And the NFL, imo, is full on unsavory characters. Not everyone of course, but way too many for my liking. Ain't getting my money

Last edited:
Violent sports doesn't justify assaulting someone with a weapon.

Who ever said anything about it being justified? I haven't seen a single post or heard a single bit of news coverage saying it was justified. It clearly wasn't, no matter how you slice it. It was cowardly, ugly, and pathetic. I simply don't think criminal charges are warranted and history would say that it won't be. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, nor will it be the last. Nor is it unique to football. The NFL has some unsavory characters, but given how many players there are, the % is rather small. Unfortunately, they're the ones who get the attention and not the ones who actually do a lot of good with their platform.

Keep in mind this one act of utter stupidity is going to cost him literally more than $1,000,000. Nothing to sneeze at and one heck of a lot more of a price that a non-pro athlete would pay for the same act. He deserves the fine and then some, but IMO it's definitely not a slap on the wrist.

I would claim effects from CTE.

Garrett may truly be suffering from a serious medical condition brought on by his playing football.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!