Footbrawl Game

8 games, which would mean the rest of this year and 2 games next year unless the Browns make the playoffs (which is pretty unlikely, but possible).

I'm not generally a football watcher and know nothing about the game or politics involved in suspensions and whatnot...with that being said it looked pretty brutal and like the guy had lost control entirely! Could he be a liability to the football team going forward even if he does get a suspension & /or counseling to address the raw anger? I wonder if the team looks at it as possibly for the best to cut ties with him completely.

Eight games is what came to my mind. $250,000 fine. On probation for the next five years. Any Unsportsman like conduct penalties is another 8 game suspension. Anything like this out of the NFL for life. And I root for the Browns.
It should also be investigated as a hate crime.
Wait, what?

ETA: I believe I saw video where Pittsburgh #52(?) was throwing punches at Garrett, and kicked at his head. He should get a four game suspension.

Why?

This is how it started:

1. Garrett tackles Rudolph as Rudolph completes a pass to Fitzgerald Toussaint in the backfield.
  2. Rudolph starts trying to rip Garrett's helmet off his head after they go to the ground.
  3. Garrett retaliates.

I believe he should be banned for the rest of the season, and community service or anger management.

Did Rudolph receive any fines or other punishment for starting it?

Garrett needs to be suspended for the rest of the season. Pouncey needs to be suspended several games for kicking him in the head multiple times. Both players need anger management, Pouncey says he “blacked out” from the rage and that’s why he was kicking Garrett. Rudolph should be suspended a game for instigating the fight with Garrett. The other Pittsburgh player (the one who threw Garrett to the ground and punched him) should also face a one game suspension.

What he did is ridiculous, and my knee jerk reaction was also some of what people posted here. Ban for life, never enter another stadium, etc.... However, I don't think that's the right thing to do. He got into a physical altercation with another participant, who was also being aggressive toward him. These kinds of things happen in the heat of battle of professional sports. See baseball brawls, NBA brawls, hockey brawls, even fights in NASCAR where drivers use their cars as weapons. However, he took it WAAAAAAY too far. Pushing and shoving is one thing, what he did is way outside the lines. I think he should be suspended the rest of the season and probably into next season without pay and get a nice and hefty fine. However, I think ban for life is a bit over the top for what happened here.

There were some brutal hits in this game all night it was obvious to this observer that it was not going to end well ejections should have come earlier in this one 2 personal fouls on one play Helmet to Helmet on Rudolph and Ju-Ju (this one was two guys helmet to helmet and not called) Then there was the hit on the Pitts Receiver that left him bleeding from his ear that was called and man ejected. This all reflects on the Head Coach the lack of discipline exhibited by his team. Football is a violent sport but what I watched last night went way beyond that. 3 players ejected from the same team.

Garrett suspended without pay for the remainder of season and some of next season. Because his actions could have resulted in Rudolph receiving a life changing injury. Since I don't know his history I can't say if his acts rise to the level of Burfit.
Pouncey 4 games
Ogunjobi 4 games
Rudolph I could see fines and 1 game for him he did pull at Garrett helmet first.

While it was sad that a "professional" football game to reach that level you had to have seen the humor in watching the referee out that with a score reading off all of the penalties. I can't remember the movie maybe the longest yard when they had a scene with the referee doing the same thing.

My 2 cents

I feel that he should be arrested. If you did that just 50ft away in the stands you would be.

I've seen some commentators compare Garrett's hit to Marty McSorley hitting Donald Brashear on the head with a hockey stick in 2000, knocking Brashear out. McSorley ended up getting charged with assault and served 18 months probation.

I do agree with this. I am a Browns fan and what Garrett did was over the line. I do think there was much more happening that we don't know as well. My husband has heard rumors that there was a racial slur that happened but no way at this time to know that for sure. Also Rudolph was doing more then trying to pull off Garrett's helmet like grabbing and kicking at places that he should not have.

What I have heard about Garrett is that he is normally pretty laid back and not one to lose his temper like this. I am not sure what happened for him to get to this point. Though nothing excuses him from what he did and there should be a punishment and what you laid out for everyone does seem fair to me.

Just got word on the ruling.

Garrett suspended indefinitely
Pouncy 3 game suspension
Ogunjobi 1 game (husband not sure missed that part)
Both teams fined 250K
Also all other players that ran on the field will have some ramifications.

Just got word on the ruling.

Garrett suspended indefinitely
Pouncy 3 game suspension
Ogunjobi 1 game (husband not sure missed that part)
Both teams fined 250K
Also all other players that ran on the field will have some ramifications.
Seems to be on par with what I expected, although I thought there would be a lot more fining as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!