Foods I will not eat based on their names

Fish Tacos (2 words that should never go together)

OMG, have you not had any good fish tacos?

I make a killer fish taco!

PS: I didn't know what spotted dick was either!
But, it is out, for me.
Not because of the name, but because I am not big on raisins.

spam, anything hash (i.e. Corned beef) , grits, scrapple, tripe,
liver, sushi.

Monkey Bread
Scrod

I had to laugh at this. My mom makes monkey bread and my kids love it. My youngest was about 5 and was enjoying a big piece of it, but said he felt bad for the monkeys. When we explained to him that there weren't any actual monkeys in monkey bread, he was very relieved.

Grits. Grit is what we put on roads when it's snowing or icy, not for breakfast! :scared: Plus they smelt disgusting.

Sprouts. Green and revolting.

Cauliflower. That aint no flower!

Anything with the words BLOOD, WURST, SOUR/SAUER, LIVER, or MUSH in it.

Also:
Spotted Dick
Toad in the Hole
Bubble and Squeak
Scotch Eggs

Anything with Squid Ink.

images

Ok I admit it. I eat liverwurst. It makes a yummy sandwich on whole grain bread with provolone cheese. And I adore blood oranges.

I also eat Spotted Dick.

Monkey Bread is so good!!! I have no idea why it's called that but man, it's good stuff! So are fish tacos, if they are made right. Grits are also good, if they are made right and I love cauliflower. :)

I'm with the haggis or head cheese, blood sausage, blood pudding.......ya and no spotted dick please. LOL

Isn't Toad in a Hole like an egg cooked inside a piece of bread with a hole in the middle?

About half the things mentioned here I love. The other half I wont eat because of what they are, not what they are called.

Mouse House Mama said:
That is the first thing I thought of too!:crazy2: It's gray! Ew!

Try the grey stuff, it's delicious!

For me Blood and Tongue is a giant ick!

I don't avoid certain foods just because of what they're called. I avoid certain foods because they're gross.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter