Foodie Guide to Holiday Treats at Disneyland Resort 2022

As others have mentioned, the ones at the ice cream carts are back now but were gone for a while after the parks reopened. My DD loves them and was so disappointed when they were gone after re-opening. She was told that Disney had a single supplier for them (at least at DLR) and the parks being closed caused that supplier to go out of business.

But the frozen bananas returned a few months ago! Not sure if they got a new supplier or were able to get their old one back in business or what.

It's a new supplier. They have different packaging and seem to be larger.

As others have mentioned, the ones at the ice cream carts are back now but were gone for a while after the parks reopened. My DD loves them and was so disappointed when they were gone after re-opening. She was told that Disney had a single supplier for them (at least at DLR) and the parks being closed caused that supplier to go out of business.

But the frozen bananas returned a few months ago! Not sure if they got a new supplier or were able to get their old one back in business or what.
We will all be very excited to have Disney frozen bananas again! Nothing else tastes like them - we've tried many!! Thank you

Tried some more holiday offerings last night:

Chicken Caldo (soup) from Rancho Del Zocalo: OMG AMAZING. This soup is so flavorful and hearty. It's served with my favorite tortilla chips con limon. It was chilly and I had been having some tummy troubles earlier in the day and this hit the spot. Highly recommend.

Gingerbread Bundt Cake from Plaza Inn: My son had this. He let me try some. I wanted to eat it ALL. This was delicious. It's a spice cake, basically, with a really good apple pie filling in the center, topped with frosting. It's cute AND delicious. Nice and moist. Would get again. (I don't like gingerbread cookies, FWIW)

Alien Macaroooon: My other son had this and let me have a bite. It's supposed to be filled with "marshmallow creme with chocolate ganache." This did not match the description. It didn't taste anything like marshmallow. It simply looked and tasted like milk chocolate buttercteam inside. VERY sweet. Not their best version of the macarooooon. Son said the Hot Cocoa macaron at DCA was better. He still ate the whole thing.

Cranberry Fritters with Orange dipping sauce at Royal St Verandah: Thumbs down. First of all, I guess I assumed these would be made with fresh cranberries, but they were obviously craisins. Have you ever deep fried (and burned) a craisin? It's not good. They get incredibly hard and even more chewy, if that is even possible. There was no discernable cranberry flavor at all. The orange dipping sauce was very weird. The CM who handed me my order was shaking and shaking the sauce cup before she gave it to me. That was odd. When I opened the cup, I saw why. It appeared to be 2 layers, an oily orange top and an almost solid whitish bottom layer. I can only assume this is some combination of confectioner's glaze and orange flavored oil that is supposed to be homogenous but separates when chilled. It was cold. It was overly sweet. It never did re mix. It was gross. Pass on these. Literally the worst fritters I've ever had. But at least they brought back the Gumbo bowls to this location.

Photos for reference. No photo of the Fritters because they were too embarrassed to be photographed.

20221122_185839.jpg20221123_085739.jpg20221122_173441.jpg

Tried some more holiday offerings last night:

Chicken Caldo (soup) from Rancho Del Zocalo: OMG AMAZING. This soup is so flavorful and hearty. It's served with my favorite tortilla chips con limon. It was chilly and I had been having some tummy troubles earlier in the day and this hit the spot. Highly recommend.

Gingerbread Bundt Cake from Plaza Inn: My son had this. He let me try some. I wanted to eat it ALL. This was delicious. It's a spice cake, basically, with a really good apple pie filling in the center, topped with frosting. It's cute AND delicious. Nice and moist. Would get again. (I don't like gingerbread cookies, FWIW)

Alien Macaroooon: My other son had this and let me have a bite. It's supposed to be filled with "marshmallow creme with chocolate ganache." This did not match the description. It didn't taste anything like marshmallow. It simply looked and tasted like milk chocolate buttercteam inside. VERY sweet. Not their best version of the macarooooon. Son said the Hot Cocoa macaron at DCA was better. He still ate the whole thing.

Cranberry Fritters with Orange dipping sauce at Royal St Verandah: Thumbs down. First of all, I guess I assumed these would be made with fresh cranberries, but they were obviously craisins. Have you ever deep fried (and burned) a craisin? It's not good. They get incredibly hard and even more chewy, if that is even possible. There was no discernable cranberry flavor at all. The orange dipping sauce was very weird. The CM who handed me my order was shaking and shaking the sauce cup before she gave it to me. That was odd. When I opened the cup, I saw why. It appeared to be 2 layers, an oily orange top and an almost solid whitish bottom layer. I can only assume this is some combination of confectioner's glaze and orange flavored oil that is supposed to be homogenous but separates when chilled. It was cold. It was overly sweet. It never did re mix. It was gross. Pass on these. Literally the worst fritters I've ever had. But at least they brought back the Gumbo bowls to this location.

Photos for reference. No photo of the Fritters because they were too embarrassed to be photographed.

View attachment 720814View attachment 720816View attachment 720817
The soup and cake look good. Is the soup spicy-hot? I have a sensitivity to spicy food, but love soup! Thanks for the review and pictures!

The soup and cake look good. Is the soup spicy-hot? I have a sensitivity to spicy food, but love soup! Thanks for the review and pictures!

No, the soup is not spicy at all. Caldo just means broth.

I'll let you in on a little secret: when Hispanic people make chicken soup, they make it the same way everyone else makes it EXCEPT they use cilantro instead of parsley. This soup has white rice instead of noodles. It also has potatoes and half a corn cob floating on top, which I didn't eat. Otherwise it is your typical chicken soup with onions, carrots, celery and broth. If you like chicken soup, you will like this.

No, the soup is not spicy at all. Caldo just means broth.

I'll let you in on a little secret: when Hispanic people make chicken soup, they make it the same way everyone else makes it EXCEPT they use cilantro instead of parsley. This soup has white rice instead of noodles. It also has potatoes and half a corn cob floating on top, which I didn't eat. Otherwise it is your typical chicken soup with onions, carrots, celery and broth. If you like chicken soup, you will like this.
Thanks so much, sounds great!

Yeah, its a part of the “late night dining” menu - I just checked on the app. Good news (for me at least) is you can get it without the mickey mug. Maybe you could take it home and warm it up the next day? I know that kinda defeats the purpose of enjoying it in the parks…

You'd have to order it after 8.

Just to clarify you can PLACE the mobile order anytime during the day but the pickup time must be AFTER 8PM since it;'s part of the late dining menu. I ALWAYS place my mobile orders early and modify if needed. During Merriest Nites this was SO popular that it sold out from mobile ordering early in the day.

Just to clarify you can PLACE the mobile order anytime during the day but the pickup time must be AFTER 8PM since it;'s part of the late dining menu. I ALWAYS place my mobile orders early and modify if needed. During Merriest Nites this was SO popular that it sold out from mobile ordering early in the day.
Good to know - I tried placing one around 11 last weekend and it wasn’t showing up. I assumed they had either sold out or I had to wait to order. Must try this!!

Good to know - I tried placing one around 11 last weekend and it wasn’t showing up. I assumed they had either sold out or I had to wait to order. Must try this!!

Here's a screenshot I took when looking it up on the app today :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221123_104457_Disneyland.jpg
    Screenshot_20221123_104457_Disneyland.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 29

This may have changed, when we were there Sunday (11/20) it did not show up until after 8pm.

After reading your description I had to make this today for lunch. I am one of those weirdos that doesn’t like parsley - OMG never going back to regular chicken soup again. Now if only i had those chips at home as well… ;)

After reading your description I had to make this today for lunch. I am one of those weirdos that doesn’t like parsley - OMG never going back to regular chicken soup again. Now if only i had those chips at home as well… ;)

Yay! You are now one of us! Tostitos Hint of Lime Tortilla chips are a close second.

I even chop up cilantro when I'm just making one of those lipton chicken noodle soup envelopes. It adds SO much.

If you have the chance to try this soup at Disneyland, DO IT!

This didn't work last weekend or yesterday. It didn't appear until after 8pm.

Is the soup enough for a full meal? Or more of a starter? Looks delicious!

It's definitely enough for a full meal. It's a deep bowl! I'd guess 16oz. I didn't finish all of it, still had the half corn cob and a couple large pieces of potato and about 1/3 of the chips. At $12 this is a great value for a meal. It can probably be shared by 2 people.

Awesome! Second question- if I preorder in the morning- can I adjust the time an hour or so out? Or do I need to cancel and reorder? I’m hoping to plan a BTMRR G+ right around this lunch. I guess If it totally conflicts I can wait a few for the G+ time to get a little later. We will be in DL on 12/18- I’m bracing for peak crowds. So I think early ordering will be key- especially for lunch!

Is the soup enough for a full meal? Or more of a starter? Looks delicious!

This is all relative…. My husband ate all of the soup himself…. After also eating the Turkey pot pie soup. Ha! One bowl would’ve been enough for me as a meal.

If you’re a light eater, you can split it. We are typically pretty hungry at Disneyland because we try and maximize meals, and splitting this would not work for our family. I’d still be hungry. If you’ve been snacking on other treats etc…. Different story!

Awesome! Second question- if I preorder in the morning- can I adjust the time an hour or so out? Or do I need to cancel and reorder? I’m hoping to plan a BTMRR G+ right around this lunch. I guess If it totally conflicts I can wait a few for the G+ time to get a little later. We will be in DL on 12/18- I’m bracing for peak crowds. So I think early ordering will be key- especially for lunch!
You can adjust a mobile order to a later time easily. Moving it earlier can be trickier as it depends on crowds/availability. you just need to modify it before your return window hits. I have moved it earlier when available (it will say return time: now-whenever). I typically put in my order early in the day just so I have it. One less thing to think about.

That's funny because I LOVE parsley but I'm one of those weirdos that HATES cilantro.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter