Food & Wine question

FigaroandFifi

Mouseketeer
If this has been asked, please forgive me.

Does anyone know if there is any type of discount on the food stations for annual pass holders?

I am really struggling with how much to budget for our day there. It is just myself and my 16 yo son. I know when my hubby and I went several years ago I way under estimated how much we would need and we literally shared everything we got. I don’t think my 16 yo will want to share food with his mom, lol. Any tips/tricks on how to figure this out? I do think we will spend the day walking around Epcot and no I don’t intend to have any other reservations or QS meals that day, Food & Wine eating is the plan if that helps with suggestions.

So no, there's no AP discount at the food booths, only at some table service restaurants and a few non sit down places in disney springs. We don't do any TS/ADRs on our trips and our last visit to Epcot we spent about $250 for the day which included breakfast at the QS in our hotel and all our kiosk snacks/meals. That was for 4 people, 2 adults/2 teens.

Why wouldn't your 16 year old want to share food with his mom? Especially if it means more variety of options. Unless you mean it's not enough to share.

So no, there's no AP discount at the food booths, only at some table service restaurants and a few non sit down places in disney springs. We don't do any TS/ADRs on our trips and our last visit to Epcot we spent about $250 for the day which included breakfast at the QS in our hotel and all our kiosk snacks/meals. That was for 4 people, 2 adults/2 teens.
No AP discounts for Food and Wine....etc. I find the kiosks to be a waste of money (probably in the minority), would rather but my money toward a nice sit down or decent QS meal.

No AP discounts for Food and Wine....etc. I find the kiosks to be a waste of money (probably in the minority), would rather but my money toward a nice sit down or decent QS meal.
I would agree that the food kiosks are not the best use of $$ but one could also argue that neither is food at WDW in general given how overpriced all food/merch is at WDW. We don't visit Disney all the time so it's sort of a "when in Rome" mentality when we go and for us, the enjoyment of visiting Epcot is food focused and centered around the booths and trying new things.

No discounts offered on the festival kiosks. if your intent is to make meals out of them, wait for the reviews so you can see which offerings are larger or less $

Last year there was some thing where if you were an AP and came on a Tuesday, there was some kind of a discount. Couldn't make it on a Tuesday. And it wasn't as busy as it is now, so I doubt that will happen again.

There used to be AP discounts at a few QS restaurants in DAK, don't know there still are. Otherwise, the only discounts are on TS.

Why wouldn't your 16 year old want to share food with his mom? Especially if it means more variety of options. Unless you mean it's not enough to share.
The portions from what I remember were plenty big and some there were "2 pieces" so those would work well. But a place like the Canada booth with the cheddar soup, he wouldn't want to share that so I would need to get 2. I guess that is what I mean by sharing food, he would rather have his own soup but if there are pieces and we each get a small piece, he would be fine with that, unless he really likes it, then he will want the whole thing, lol.

When my hubby and I went, we shared everything ok most things, some things I didn't want to try, some he didn't and some we each wanted our own, lol.

I somewhat agree with you. I just like the kiosks at Food & Wine because you get to sample things you wouldn't otherwise have an opportunity to just sample. Good way to try something. But yes, it can be expensive, I agree on that.

I somewhat agree with you. I just like the kiosks at Food & Wine because you get to sample things you wouldn't otherwise have an opportunity to just sample. Good way to try something. But yes, it can be expensive, I agree on that.
It’s fun! Sure, I’ve seen (and even regretted purchasing) a few plates that were way over-priced for what was offered. But we’ve also been pleasantly surprised by many more and you can’t beat the unique variety.

It’s fun! Sure, I’ve seen (and even regretted purchasing) a few plates that were way over-priced for what was offered. But we’ve also been pleasantly surprised by many more and you can’t beat the unique variety.
Similar experience. We look at the kiosks as the opportunity to try foods you can't find in many places in WDW.

The worst is Italy. IDK how anyone pays $12 for 4 frozen cheese ravioli. It is insane that I always see people getting food at that booth.

As everyone as mentioned, no AP discount.

Are you budgeting for the Kiosks only?

When we first started going for Food and Wine we walked around and tried almost every kiosks by the end of our stay for many trips. Like everything in Disney, overpriced and small portions. You will find a kiosks here and there with a decent portion.

Now, we pick and choose which ones we want to try. I will try more than dh. We will share a few but for dh, he prefers a meal at a TS or QS. These are just snacks/appetizers and it adds up fast if he wants to feel satisfied.

A drink, an appetizer here and there, dessert/ice cream, a concert and finish it off with fireworks and it's a perfect evening.

There are many pictures if you google - offerings/portion & prices will range also. I am sure you 16 y old son can eat so it will add ups fast - someone might have a better memory than me with price range $6-$10/12? (give or take a dollar).

As everyone as mentioned, no AP discount.

Are you budgeting for the Kiosks only?

When we first started going for Food and Wine we walked around and tried almost every kiosks by the end of our stay for many trips. Like everything in Disney, overpriced and small portions. You will find a kiosks here and there with a decent portion.

Now, we pick and choose which ones we want to try. I will try more than dh. We will share a few but for dh, he prefers a meal at a TS or QS. These are just snacks/appetizers and it adds up fast if he wants to feel satisfied.

A drink, an appetizer here and there, dessert/ice cream, a concert and finish it off with fireworks and it's a perfect evening.

There are many pictures if you google - offerings/portion & prices will range also. I am sure you 16 y old son can eat so it will add ups fast - someone might have a better memory than me with price range $6-$10/12? (give or take a dollar).

Thanks for your input. And yeah my 16 can eat if he wants to but he has been a little more conscious of portions lately so not filling himself as much but eating more often it seems, lol. I think he will apprieciate snacking all day at Food & Wine. Just glad I am not taking my 19 yo, I feel like he just empties a leg at meal time so he has room for food, lol. And your $6-$10 range sounds about right but with food prices so high I will figure it to be an $8-$10 range this year. I feel like at some point the food options get posted so hopefully they will begin posting that soon so we can look through to get an idea of what we want to try, I think I did that with DH when we went a few years ago.

Prices are posted on a number of sites, this one included. Disney Food Blog, Disney Parks Blog. There is an app not associated with Disney called WDW Food & Wine. It lists all the items with prices. You can tag what you want as wished then there is a page that will total all your wished items up. You can also mark what you have tried and even review it for yourself. I use it to figure out how much to put on one of wrist gift cards. I usually put more than the app. adds up and if I don't use it all on booths, I can use it anywhere on Disney property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!