Thank you! We had fun putting these together.
I bet! I really like the outfits!
Yes, she does.
You all do. ::yes::
Yes it is! She was going through a blonde faze. She made the perfect Sarah.
Huh! I was expecting a "she's wearing a blonde wig" comment!
It was devastating at the time but it now has a happy ending. pixiedust:
::yes::
She was our ride to the airport. Since her flight back was a little before ours, she wanted to park.
Ah! Makes sense then.
we were on our way by 4:19 am with an estimated arrival at the airport for 5:14 am.
Early... :faint:
We were 3 ladies traveling and we of course had our share of hiccups.
Try holding your breath(s)...

:rolleyes:
We had our first hiccup when Danielle walked away from the counter where we checked our luggage without her boarding pass.
Whoops! Gonna need that.
Then again, I always get mine the day before and never go without my phone so it's not an issue.
Luckily the airport wasn't too crowded and she was able to go right back and get it.
Lucky there wasn't a line, which, even with low crowds, could've happened if there'd only been one attendant.
1653072447473.png
Looks like three very excited ladies heading to Disney. :goodvibes
I took this photo to show the level of crowds as travel was increasing. Mask compliance was pretty good too.
1653072560088.png
Looks almost normal (except for the masks.)
I was very excited to get a window seat. This never happens when I fly with Dennis.
Why?
Very pretty. :thumbsup2
this was the first time for Danielle and I doing Magical Express where we had to gather our luggage and haul it across the airport.
<sigh>
I'll sure miss DME.
We did wait a little for a bus, but we loaded by 11:52 am.
4 minutes! Not bad at all!

Glad the flights were uneventful (with the exception of forgetting the boarding pass). I'm sure it had to be really exciting to get on the bus heading to Kidani!

You had a pretty smooth travel day. Love that 1st selfie. You all look so excited and you can tell from your eyes that you’re all smiling behind those masks. I love the sunrise photo from the plane. Does Denis usually steal the windows seat?🤣
DME made getting to your resort from the airport so easy and you didn’t have to long of a wait. So many people will miss those buses ☹️
Bet you were delighted to get your room ready text before you’d even gotten to you resort. Makes for a very smooth start to the trip. At least I hope it does🤞

I love flying Delta because it is on the B side.
Picking up luggage and grabbing a Lyft is so foreign to us! Wow do I miss the DME, luggage pick up and delivery and airport checkin at the resort. :sad:
You three look very excited and happy for your trip!

It is so crazy to think back on 2020 to now. It is so crazy how everything has evolved. I am glad that everything is starting to go back to the Disney we all loved.

I have enjoyed watching things go back to normal. I just wish that the new normal did come with so many changes and loss of some of what makes Disney special.

I flew from Michigan to Orlando around this time, and it was so odd flying with a mask. I absolutely hated wearing it, but I wanted everyone to be safe.

I have yet to experience flying without a mask. When I flew last month it was right before they dropped the mask mandate.

It will be interesting to read this TR and think back to working as a CM during all of this. Everything has changed so much since then

I hope it brings back fond memories.

I bet! I really like the outfits!

Just a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

You all do. ::yes::

Thank you!:o

Huh! I was expecting a "she's wearing a blonde wig" comment!

Nope, she went through a slow many step process to go blonde and then of course dyed it back to brown. It was too expensive to maintain.

Try holding your breath(s)...

o_O

Lucky there wasn't a line, which, even with low crowds, could've happened if there'd only been one attendant.

She was able to walk right back up to the attendant.

Looks like three very excited ladies heading to Disney. :goodvibes

We were very excited.

Looks almost normal (except for the masks.)

I thought it did too. There was no room to be 6 feet apart. I even got the evil eye from someone at the Atlanta gate because we were too close.

He always takes the window seat.

Very pretty. :thumbsup2

Thank you!

<sigh>
I'll sure miss DME.

Me too! Another benefit that has gone away.

4 minutes! Not bad at all!

It really wasn't.

You had a pretty smooth travel day. Love that 1st selfie. You all look so excited and you can tell from your eyes that you’re all smiling behind those masks. I love the sunrise photo from the plane. Does Denis usually steal the windows seat?🤣

We were smiling with our eyes. Something we all had to do with masks. I was excited to see the sunrise. Dennis always takes the window seat and doesn't give me an option. :sad:
DME made getting to your resort from the airport so easy and you didn’t have to long of a wait. So many people will miss those buses ☹️

The more people return to Disney the more they are going to miss it.

Bet you were delighted to get your room ready text before you’d even gotten to you resort. Makes for a very smooth start to the trip. At least I hope it does

It makes it so much better when your room is ready. I've been where we had to wait and I've been where we stored our luggage and had to wait for it to be delivered. I much prefer having the room ready.

I despised having to get my luggage and traveling back and forth across the airport for ME!! I really missed the days of having our luggage picked up and magically appearing in our room later that day.

Looks like travel day went off mostly without a hitch! Everyone looks so happy to begin the adventure!

I despised having to get my luggage and traveling back and forth across the airport for ME!! I really missed the days of having our luggage picked up and magically appearing in our room later that day.

Me too! We really were very spoiled.

Looks like travel day went off mostly without a hitch! Everyone looks so happy to begin the adventure!

So far, so good! We were soooo ready and excited for this trip.

Our short trip was set to start very early on a Thursday morning and end on a Sunday afternoon. This didn't give us much time, but we were thankful for what we had. This was the trip where we paid attention to covid rules and timestamps. Before our trip all the boards were giving information for the new procedures for the parks that were ever evolving and as more people traveled everyone had questions. We tried to follow the mask, distance and washing rules as best we could. We also did lots of "timestamp" pictures to get an idea of how long it took to get places and do things.
Sometimes the shorter trips are even sweeter because you cherish every minute.
We had a 6:40 am departure time from New Orleans so we needed to leave Baton Rouge pretty early. We did not leave on our planned time, (I don't think we ever make it for the planned time) but we were on our way by 4:19 am with an estimated arrival at the airport for 5:14 am.
Nice!
We made it to our gate, grabbed some seats then took turns getting a muffin and drink. Of course it was time for our first selfie of the trip.
Such a lovely picture of the three of you!
We were super excited to finally make it to ME and to be placed in the line for Kidani with no line at 11:48 am.
Yay to being on your way! :)

Nope, she went through a slow many step process to go blonde and then of course dyed it back to brown. It was too expensive to maintain.
Of course she did. :laughing:
We were very excited.
I bet! ::yes::
I thought it did too. There was no room to be 6 feet apart. I even got the evil eye from someone at the Atlanta gate because we were too close.
:sad2:
He always takes the window seat.
I guessed that, but... why?
Me too! Another benefit that has gone away.
Too many of those. :sad2:

Animal Kingdom Lodge is on my bucket list. one Day!

And seeing magical express makes me sad that it's gone... Why Disney?!?! Why?!!?

Animal Kingdom Lodge is on my bucket list. one Day!
It's Dennis' list too. I really thought he would cave and come with us when I told him, but he didn't. I had even asked if it would raise my price to add then and was told no. I know under normal circumstances they charge you more per every adult over 2 because I've paid it.

And seeing magical express makes me sad that it's gone... Why Disney?!?! Why?!!?

Not only sad but mad too.

Danielle Update

I know I started this report with the sad story of Danielle's abrupt ending to her DCP when Covid shut the parks and world down. I wanted to make sure everyone knew we did have a happy ending. She came back home and completed her senior year at LSU. She did go through lots of anxiety since she did not know what she was going to do once she did graduate. Her dream was to work for Disney. She graduated with a History degree and a minor in social work. She was offered to go back to her high school and teach History. We have a program where you can start teaching with a degree and earn your teaching certificate.

We celebrated her graduation with of course a trip to Disney, since this was how we celebrated her high school graduation. The trip was between when she finished finals and actually walked. While we were in DHS she got the notification the DCP was coming back and the invitation to apply since she was part of the group sent home. She applied while we were eating at 50s Prime Time. We really enjoyed visiting with our waiter while she did this. He had 30+ years with Disney and started on the college program. She was accepted and was part of the first group back June 15, 2021. She worked Epcot festivals and applied to extend when her program was to end in January 2022. She also applied for a Professional Internship for Leadership in Food and Beverage. She had her interview while we were visiting her in late November-early December. She found out she was one of 30 accepted on December 8th as we celebrated the birth of Dominic.

Her PI ends on June 11th and she starts with Disney officially June 12th. She did her PI at Backlot Express and has accepted a leadership position there. Her dream has come true. She has also worked hard to help it along.

She has to be out of Disney housing by 10 am on June 11th and can't move into her apartment until June 13th. She will be sharing a 4 bedroom apartment with 3 friends. They wanted to get a house but had no luck finding what they needed to meet all their needs. She will be storing her stuff with friends who are already in apartment and sleeping on couches.

We wanted to move her bedroom furniture and assorted other things that first week but due to schedule conflicts we'll be driving down June 21 and returning on the 24th. She only has 2 days off a week with no extra time for moving. She will just have to accept what we bring her. Guess what? I'm not staying on Disney grounds. :scared1: This is basically a work trip and I can't justify Disney prices. I couldn't find something reasonable with my AP discount and neither could Danielle with her CM discount. We have 3 nights at a Home2Suites at more than half the price of the cheapest Disney room or even a room on Hotel Plaza Blvd and I get free parking and breakfast. I'm trying to convince myself I'm ok with not being in the bubble. It easier for Dennis since he's tired of giving Disney money. We do plan on playing the parks one day. I don't know which ones yet but know we will be at Epcot since I'll be shooting for a Fancy ride for Guardians. It will most likely make me sick but I HAVE to try it. We will also be hitting Disney Springs since her apartment is really close.

Because he likes it and doesn't stop to think someone else might too.
oh

Get him to watch The Wedding Singer with you.
We wanted to move her bedroom furniture and assorted other things that first week but due to schedule conflicts we'll be driving down June 21 and returning on the 24th. She only has 2 days off a week with no extra time for moving. She will just have to accept what we bring her.
I think free is pretty good over "Buy your own stuff".
Guess what? I'm not staying on Disney grounds. :scared1:
You... what???
This is basically a work trip and I can't justify Disney prices.
Yeah... figured that was it.
We have 3 nights at a Home2Suites at more than half the price of the cheapest Disney room or even a room on Hotel Plaza Blvd and I get free parking and breakfast.
Whoa. You can't argue with the price point.
I'll be shooting for a Fancy ride for Guardians. It will most likely make me sick but I HAVE to try it.
Totally get that. I've heard a few comments about queasiness, but...

Exciting times for Danielle and I'm sure it will do you good to see her settled in her new home.
Disney prices are getting ever scarier these days :scared1: Glad you found somewhere reasonable to stay and that you get to play in the parks for a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!