yay! Cannot wait to read more. I understand Danielle's pain about the DCP

You know that old saying “ what doesn’t kill your makes you stronger” 💪
I repeated this to myself so many times in the last 2+ years.

My heart aches though for those that lost loved ones during the pandemic. Two of my friends lost their mothers and it was awful not being able to support them in the usual way. No wake and only 10 people allowed at the funeral which didn’t even allow all of their immediate families. We finally had lunch together last month but that was almost 2 years after their mums died. It was amazing to finally hug eachother in person and definitely appreciate that more post-pandemic than I ever did before so maybe some good came out of it all.
Mine still aches for all of these losses too, along with all the life celebrations that were missed.

You all looked brilliant!
Thank you!

Not quite the same as a girls Disney trip but I am going on a girls trip to Glasgow to see the Christmas market with my daughter and sister to visit my two nieces who live there ( my sister’s girls) and I can’t wait! The men in my life do not get the joy of a Christmas market
I would love a girl's trip to a Christmas market. DH wouldn't enjoy it either.

A blast from the past. How fun to be with your girls. I look forward to hearing all about your trip.

Following!
What a great upgrade - movies to Kidani AND a 100$ gift card? That’s awesome!!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in.

We were very thrilled with the upgrade. I was never even charged the additional amount for adding a third adult. This was back when Disney was desperate to get people to come.

Popping over from your other TR. great start. Looking forward to reading more.

:welcome: and thank you for sticking with us. I'm still working on Travel Day. We have to get through John Paul's birthday party this weekend. Michelle might do a brief update on her Labor Day quick trip.

Reactions: DLo

A blast from the past. How fun to be with your girls. I look forward to hearing all about your trip.

:welcome:Thanks for sticking around for your "old trip report". The time has really flown since we took his trip. I'm hoping our memories hold out.

Would you like to share?
I was accepted into the DCP for Fall Advantage 2020. I was supposed to move-in in May! My role was vacation planning and I was so excited because that is a coveted role. I was devastated when all the news came out that the program was being cancelled. Everything happens for a reason because when everything opened back up, I accept a full-time role as a concierge cast member! I worked there until about 3 months ago when my fiancé and I decided we wanted to settle down and start a life in North Carolina.

I'm excited to join in for your report!! I love you and your girls dressed as the Sanderson sisters--you all look great!!! :) Trips with my Mom are some of my favorite memories.

I was accepted into the DCP for Fall Advantage 2020. I was supposed to move-in in May! My role was vacation planning and I was so excited because that is a coveted role. I was devastated when all the news came out that the program was being cancelled.
I'm so sorry the DCP was cancelled for you too. You had a great role set up.

Everything happens for a reason because when everything opened back up, I accept a full-time role as a concierge cast member! I worked there until about 3 months ago when my fiancé and I decided we wanted to settle down and start a life in North Carolina.
Yes it sounds like things worked out much better for you. Danielle would love to work the front desk .

Congrats on your engagement!party:

I'm excited to join in for your report!! I love you and your girls dressed as the Sanderson sisters--you all look great!!! :) Trips with my Mom are some of my favorite memories.

:welcome: I'm thrilled to have you here. I've seen you on lots of trip reports.

We had a blast dressing up. I'm so happy to have had some Mother-daughter trips with my girls. I enjoy our big family trips too but the Mother-Daughter trips are different.

1652490020888.png
Super cute outfit, Vanessa. :)
Michelle too! You guys looked great!
Wait.... is that... blonde hair I see?????
I think most people had a rough time with 2020.
Possibly most people might call that an understatement!
When the kids were sent home in March and told the program was closed indefinitely she was crushed.
I remember that. :(

Super cute outfit, Vanessa. :)

Thank you! We had fun putting these together.

Michelle too! You guys looked great!

Yes, she does.

Wait.... is that... blonde hair I see?????

Yes it is! She was going through a blonde faze. She made the perfect Sarah.

Possibly most people might call that an understatement!

:grouphug:

I remember that. :(

It was devastating at the time but it now has a happy ending. pixiedust:

Travel Day-Getting there is half the fun.

Our short trip was set to start very early on a Thursday morning and end on a Sunday afternoon. This didn't give us much time, but we were thankful for what we had. This was the trip where we paid attention to covid rules and timestamps. Before our trip all the boards were giving information for the new procedures for the parks that were ever evolving and as more people traveled everyone had questions. We tried to follow the mask, distance and washing rules as best we could. We also did lots of "timestamp" pictures to get an idea of how long it took to get places and do things.

Michelle dropped off John Paul at Jimmy's parents on Wednesday night and stayed with him up until close to bedtime. She then came over to spend the night with us. She was our ride to the airport. Since her flight back was a little before ours, she wanted to park. Danielle and I had Dennis to pick us up.

We had a 6:40 am departure time from New Orleans so we needed to leave Baton Rouge pretty early. We did not leave on our planned time, (I don't think we ever make it for the planned time) but we were on our way by 4:19 am with an estimated arrival at the airport for 5:14 am.

1653071801011.png

We were parked at the USPark lot and saw the pick up van by 5:20 am.

1653071894829.png

This was Danielle and I's first time flying since Covid. We were 3 ladies traveling and we of course had our share of hiccups. We flew Southwest but due to Covid could not check our bags outside. We used the kiosks to check in then checked our bags, this is pretty much the norm now. We had our first hiccup when Danielle walked away from the counter where we checked our luggage without her boarding pass. We were headed down the escalator when she realized this. Luckily the airport wasn't too crowded and she was able to go right back and get it. The terminal is fairly new and I love seeing this as you descend the escalator. Timestamp was 5:38 am.
1653072302030.png

We made it to our gate, grabbed some seats then took turns getting a muffin and drink. Of course it was time for our first selfie of the trip.

1653072447473.png

I took this photo to show the level of crowds as travel was increasing. Mask compliance was pretty good too.
1653072560088.png

Before we knew it, it was time to load. I was very excited to get a window seat. This never happens when I fly with Dennis. While we were headed to Atlanta to change planes, the sun was coming up.

1653072774995.png

We had no issues with changing planes in Atlanta and were soon on our way to Orlando. Our arrival time was set for 11:30 am. I'm sorry I don't remember if we made it on time, was late or early? I know this was the first time for Danielle and I doing Magical Express where we had to gather our luggage and haul it across the airport. Southwest is on side A and ME is side B. After our ride on the fake monorail we traveled down to the luggage carousel and then back up to cross over to side B only to go back down again. I'm sure there was a bathroom break somewhere in there too.

It made us all sad to see the Disney store closed as we passed it. Timestamp was 11:41 am.

1653073397551.png

We were super excited to finally make it to ME and to be placed in the line for Kidani with no line at 11:48 am.

1653073512605.png

We did wait a little for a bus, but we loaded by 11:52 am.
1653073577466.png

While traveling to the bubble we got our room ready text.
1653073666071.png

I'm sorry but I have to stop here. Up next will be our arrival in the bubble.

Last edited:
This was the trip where we paid attention to covid rules and timestamps
It is so crazy to think back on 2020 to now. It is so crazy how everything has evolved. I am glad that everything is starting to go back to the Disney we all loved.
This was Danielle and I's first time flying since Covid.
I flew from Michigan to Orlando around this time, and it was so odd flying with a mask. I absolutely hated wearing it, but I wanted everyone to be safe.

It will be interesting to read this TR and think back to working as a CM during all of this. Everything has changed so much since then

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter