Food Related questions: MK fireworks desserts, MK BOG or Plaza for lunch? Birthday cake options?

princess4life

Mouseketeer
My sister and I will be visiting in early August for my 50th birthday (woo-hoo). We haven't been in a few years and typically travel as a party of 9, so this is different for us. She is booking us reservations right and left, and I'm trying to decide which to keep . . .

We ate at BOG a few years ago, did the order ahead and ordered kids meals with dessert. I'm not seeing that as an option, and I'm wondering if anyone knows? We have Plaza reservations as well, so I'm thinking of just canceling BOG since I believe Beast only appears at breakfast. Anyone have opinions?

We have an 8:20 reservations for the fireworks viewing in tomorrow land. I'm just thinking that it's pretty expensive for a few desserts and standing up to watch fireworks. Since it's just the 2 of us, I figured we could find a place to watch without too much hassle. Is it worth the $$?

Years ago, we ordered a birthday cake and had it delivered to our room, but I don't know if that's an option. She really wants to do a meal where they bring me a cake, but honestly I'm fine with munching on the cupcakes and cookies (I'm not an ice cream gal unless it's vegan}. Recommendations for the most fun treats?

Thanks dissers!

We ate at BOG a few years ago, did the order ahead and ordered kids meals with dessert. I'm not seeing that as an option, and I'm wondering if anyone knows? We have Plaza reservations as well, so I'm thinking of just canceling BOG since I believe Beast only appears at breakfast. Anyone have opinions?
You remember when BOG had QS breakfast and lunch with ordering ahead online. Those were discontinued.

Now, both lunch and dinner are prix fixe meals. Beast appears only at dinner.

I'd keep the Plaza ADR since you've much more ordering flexibility there.

Happy 🎂! I hope you have a great trip despite all the changes.

BOG is no longer QS, it's a Prix Fixe menu for both lunch and supper, no breakfast. I'm not sure when the Beast is there but he just walks through. The Plaza has also changed their menu. I suggest you look up the menus for both.

I did the Dessert Party years ago and wouldn't do it again. I don't eat a lot of sweets and I didn't find the view that great. Worth it is subjective. There is one that they reserved a spot on the lawn in front of the castle that would probably have a better view. Again, look up the menus and prices and options.

Hi! At BOG currently, there is no longer breakfast as an option, and the Beast appears throughout lunch and dinner. Lunch and Dinner are the same price and menu, it's prix fixe and you must order as an adult if you're over age 9, which is $62 per person plus tip and tax.

I don't know much about the fireworks party tbh but I would jump at the opportunity to do it if it were me!

https://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/ is where you can find more info about special desserts and cake at WDW. I would browse the menus to look for regular desserts if that's what you're thinking. Send your sister this link if you want it to be a surprise to you :laughing:

I love the dessert parties snd they’re worth the money to me just to not have the stress of trying to find a viewing spot. We typically eat a late lunch and just fill up on the desserts and cheese and stuff they have at the party for dinner. If you’ve done BOG before I’d skip it, the ambiance is the same but the foods much more expensive. Also you can order cakes ahead of time to be delivered to you at most table service restaurants. We did this for my DD bday in may, I think it was like $40 if I remember correctly

Be Our Guest is now closed for breakfast and only does the prix fixe menu for lunch and dinner. The food is pretty good, but you have to pay $62 per adult for the 3 course meal, no kids menu. The Beast makes an appearance in the restaurant, I'm not sure if he is meeting right now.

It's easy to get a spot in the hub for fireworks. Get there 30 minutes before just to be sure. Unless you want to drink a lot, I don't think the desserts are worth the money.

Be Our Guest is now closed for breakfast and only does the prix fixe menu for lunch and dinner. The food is pretty good, but you have to pay $62 per adult for the 3 course meal, no kids menu.
To clarify, there is a kids prix fixe menu.

However, adults can only order the adult prix fixe at $62. No sharing on prix fixe meals.

We never found BOG dinner that good and don't like the current dessert. The cupcakes and cream puffs they used to serve were delicious.

I love the dessert parties snd they’re worth the money to me just to not have the stress of trying to find a viewing spot. We typically eat a late lunch and just fill up on the desserts and cheese and stuff they have at the party for dinner. If you’ve done BOG before I’d skip it, the ambiance is the same but the foods much more expensive. Also you can order cakes ahead of time to be delivered to you at most table service restaurants. We did this for my DD bday in may, I think it was like $40 if I remember correctly
We got the chocolate Mickey Ears one for DSIL in March. It was $39 and said it served 4-6, but we were pretty full from dinner and the 4 of us only ate about half (we took the rest back to our room). It was really good, and we'd get it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter