Food for Kids

MelDane

Mouseketeer
My DW and I are looking at wanting to the ABD China trip with our DD(11 at the time of the trip). Our DD is a very picky eater and I know that ABD says that there is good kid option for all meals. What are these offerings for a picky eater???

RamblingMad

Mouseketeer
Don't take picky kid eaters to China. One of my 60+ friends went there two years ago as part of her hike on every continent bucket list item, and she hated the food. And she is not a picky eater.

abdgeek

DIS Veteran
I agree with the OP. We had a number of children on our trip and the pickier eaters usually didn’t eat the food provided at the meals. If fried rice or chicken fingers were offered, they would eat it. I don’t have kids, but I got the impression based on comments from parents that they were ordering room service in the hotel at night. If your child is used to eating Chinese food, they should be ok. Most of the lunch and dinner meals are served family style, so vegetable and meat dishes are brought to the table and you eat what you want from each dish.

• sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
    I agree with the above posters. We had an 8 and a 9 year old on our China trip, and I remember many nights where they ate rice for dinner.

Sayhello

kaseyC

Mom to 3 lovely Princesses
    I just did this trip in July. If you have a picky eater, the China trip is not for you.

MKMK

Earning My Ears
    LOL... a different perspective from a mom of REALLY picky vegetarian (their choice) twin girls.

We took our girls when they were 8 on this ABD and they absolutely loved it. They are 10 now and still group text with the friends they made on this ABD on a daily basis

When I say they are picky, they pretty much eat 4 or 5 things -- of which rice and plain noodles are on their approved list.

What does China have? Plenty of rice and plain noodles.

Joe (the local guide) proactively made sure at every meal they had a bowl of rice/noodles. He was so sweet and they were happy as clams.

BTW... Mom and Dad loved the food.

In all seriousness, this is an awesome adventure... we have been on 6 ABDs and this remains an all time favorite.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News