food ???: calamari or stuffed mushrooms at Blue Bayou?

crzy4mk

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for
I have a lunch ps at Blue Bayou next week, and plan to make this my big meal of the day. I have to try the Monte Cristo, but would also like an appetizer/side dish. So, which is better, the calamari or the stuffed mushrooms?

The stuffed mushrooms are very good, but they are very hot and spicy...don't order them if you don't like heat!

We always love the calamari. I agree about the mushrooms, my stepdad turned red after eating one! The think I like about the calamari is the sauce, its very good. BTW the Monte Cristo is huge, you might want to share, especially if you are getting appetizers!

Amy&Dan said:
We always love the calamari. I agree about the mushrooms, my stepdad turned red after eating one! The think I like about the calamari is the sauce, its very good. BTW the Monte Cristo is huge, you might want to share, especially if you are getting appetizers!

I'm traveling solo, so sharing is not an option (I wouldn't mind, but the people at the table next to me might not want 1/2 my sandwich!). So maybe I should go with another entree, like maybe the crab cakes or the portobella mushrooms (how are these prepared?)? Any suggestions?

I had the portobellos a few weeks back...they were grilled I believe. They were served with possibly the most tasteless instant mashed potatoes ever. I was excited because it said garlic mashed potatoes. The first few bites were garlicky but from there on out they were nothing but institutional, flavorless mashed..I think they just sprinkled the top with garlic powder.

Had I to do it again, I would get the Monte Cristo in a heartbeat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter