Food budget suggestions?

luulu1999

DIS Veteran
I am putting money into my savings account to make sure we have plenty of spending money, what would be a good daily food budget? It will be me and my 10yr old and 11yr old, we arent big breakfast eaters so will have bars and stuff in our room for that,and no character meals i dont think

Get the Disneyland app. Menus and prices are there. Browse dining options and check the prices of things you might like to experience. Even if you don’t make a specific plan, you’ll still have a general idea of the cost of the items you’re most likely to buy.

If you’d like any recommendations, what types of meals/snacks/treats do you like?

Browsing menus/prices is a great idea. Additionally, we always bring our own bottled waters into the parks so I don't mind paying for a drink with a meal (or a hot beverage and treat while waiting for a parade)--because bottled water at the parks for everyone adds up. You can order most "meals" that come with fries without them to save a couple bucks, unless you want those fries because those are great for sharing. Many of the adult sized entrees (Rancho del Zocalo for example) are large enough to be shared and you can even stretch that meal further by ordering a side of tortillas to fill with the meat, beans, rice from your meal. Often for three/four of us, we'll get two entrees and a salad and share those. The bread bowls with soup (or Mac and Cheese) are quite filling (i get butter when ordering and then snack on that with the bread). Any money saving tips help, but DL is still expensive so I would budget $75-$100 a day for lunches, dinners and snacks. I too, try to use my vacation money wisely, but I don't want to walk around hungry and miss out on some of the "fun" treats at the park and be a scrooge telling my kids no if they'd like a Dole Whip, churro or turkey leg. Also, depending on where you're staying if you are taking breaks during the days eating outside the parks might be an option that might offer some savings also, although again you're at DL so even some of those chain restaurant prices are higher than their equivalent at home.

I always figure $15 bucks a person per meal in the park. So for a family of three (assuming you have breakfast before you come) that would be $90 bucks a day. In general kids eat for last but then we can afford a few snacks too.

I’d budget for $100 a day and consider anything less than that a bonus. I’m betting at most meals two adult meals would be fine for you and the kids to split if you can agree. Even my husband and I split semi often as I’m never hungry when I’m hot

For 4 of us we do about $125 a day which includes a snack. Some days we are under and sometimes we are over. We have found that eating in downtown Disney can save us some money, even though it takes time, or we all just grab food when we want to in the park. We tend to over order if it’s a place we don’t really want so everyone just eating whenever saves time/money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter