Food at Living Seas and Ranglan Road

jessirae

Mouseketeer
My family and I are planning our annual family trip to WD in October. After all these years, we have never ate at Living Seas in EPCOT or Ranglan Road in DTD. We like to do somehting different every year, and are looking to eat at either or both (of course because our lives revolve around where to eat in WDW :goodvibes). What do you suggest??
thanks!

I presume you mean Coral Reef, the food is satisfactory, nothing extrordinary but the ambience is great.
We Love I mean LOVE Raglan Road.
I can't go to WDW without my traditional stop for Seared Beef Salad and Bread and Butter pudding!

My family and I are planning our annual family trip to WD in October. After all these years, we have never ate at Living Seas in EPCOT or Ranglan Road in DTD. We like to do somehting different every year, and are looking to eat at either or both (of course because our lives revolve around where to eat in WDW :goodvibes). What do you suggest??
thanks!
We love Ragland Road! The shepard's pie sounds odd for a meal out, right? It is actually one of the best foods I've eaten at WDW. The fish and chips were also very tasty. Enjoy!

I have been to Coral Reef twice in my adult life (once as a child too) and I wasn't disappointed either time. Both times we had a table right next to the tank and the food/service was superb both times.

We have yet to make it to Coral Reef. Actually had ADRs last trip that we cancelled. We checked out the interior though and it looks pretty cool, though small.

We love RR! One of our favorite TS. I always get the It's Not Bleedin' Chowder and Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding. So good!

105_3802.jpg

Chowder

687.jpg

Kid's Shrimp and Chips

689.jpg

Pudding-the sauce makes it so good.

105_3804.jpg

Kid's Sundae-same butterscotch as the pudding!

Only thing we don't care for at RR is the Irish Soda Bread-served with honey and mead? Just not my cuppa tea!;)

We discovered a new TS fav last Sept! Wolfgang Pucks Cafe. :goodvibes We had 3 meals here, it was so good. And even with free DDP we were able to get in. :goodvibes

WDW09488.jpg

Sushi Sampler (inc. in DDP)

WDW09486.jpg

DD and her ravioli and meatballs (adult portion-she turned 10!)

WDW09487.jpg

Pepperoni and Mushroom pizza

WDW09490.jpg

our desserts our first meal, lunch

Another vote for Raglan Road. It is a beautiful restaurant, with great servers and delicious food. The band and Irish Step Dancer are lots of fun.
We go each trip

Raglan Road was probably one of the worst meals we had during out entire trip last year -- and we ate at over 21 sit down restaurants. None of us - DH, myself, or the kids liked the food. We will never eat there again. Service was awful and the food was even worse.

We never ate at Coral Reef so I can't comment on that one.

Of course any time you post about food on the boards you will get conflicting opinions! Someone always loves it and someone always hates it. lol!

I love Raglan Road! Love the pork chops, the fish & chips, the soups! And I love the atmosphere too! I agree that the bread though, was not exactly to our liking! Kinda dry .... We did love our meal at Coral Reef, but the food was a little "fancier" and DS's had a hard time finding something they wanted. But we loved the fishies! Gotta just try them ... you never know what YOUR family will like until you do! I say go for it!

I love Raglan Road also (I always get the ham), can't speak to Coral Reef as none of us are big seafood eaters.

I haven't been to RR, but I would vote against Coral Reef. We had a completely unsatifactory meal there and won't go back.

The wonderful atmosphere didn't make up for the filthy lobby and restrooms, poor food or slow and ambivalent service. This was definely our worst WDW eating experience ever.

The bread they serve at Raglan Road is NOT Irish Soda Bread it is Irish Brown Bread, and yes, it's on the dry side but that's just how it is, nothing that the restaurant is doing wrong. The dipping sauce for the bread is a Guiness reduction, very sweet and tasty.

After reading alot of "not what it used to be" comments about Coral Reef, I have to say we were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

yep i hope i didn't come across negative about Coral reef. The food was satisfactory, we were perfectly content. it just wasn't "outstanding" there was no real "wow" factor food wise but we enjoyed it none the less.

There are always posts on both sides of a resturant. I had read some of the comments about the food at Coral Reef prior to our last visit last September. We had not been in several years but I had my heart set on taking the GS to see the fish while we ate. I was so glad we did. It was one our best dinners. The food was great. Our server was great, attentive. GS loved the fish swimming by. My biggest problem was convincing the gs he could not swim with the fishes.:rotfl:

I've eaten at both and much prefer Coral Reef. I'm sure there are things that aren't as good as others, but the blackened catfish was great. I didn't like Raglan Road's food at all--just not my taste, and I won't go back. YMMV.

We liked Raglan Road but do have to say it was a bit unusual. We all (6 of us) LOVED the scallops. I would go just to have those.

The children's meals were miniscule and your entree is just your entree no vegetables. It was strange. My BIL had the mussels which were very good but it was literally a bowl of mussels and broth. No sides, no vegetable with it. Bizarre to me.

There are some pictures of all our meals on my blog - link in my signature. Under Dining reviews if you want to take a look. :)

Our experience of Raglan Rd was the kids meal (fish and chips) was a huge portion and 'real' food i.e just a smaller version of the adult dish not the usual disney kids food. We loved our Raglan Rd meal and ended up going at the end of our trip a second time.

We also did coral reef same trip. Food was ok but the table we had next to the tank was amazing.

I was about to do my october Adr's today and DD starts talking completely out of the blue about coral reef - the fish, the divers, the pizza she had. She was 3 at the time and it's nearly 5 months since we ate there!

Anyway we've added a coral reef adr at DD's request for the next trip (raglan was already on the list for a revisit)

OK, technically we only had appetizers and dessert at Raglan Road, but it was one of our favorite dining experiences ever. The drinks are fantastic (I especially liked the Arin's Island Tea), and the Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding is the best dessert in WDW.

Also they provide soda bread and oil with Guinness Honey reduction for dipping. *drool*

Raglan Road also has a live band (which plays mostly traditional Celtic music) and stepdancer that perform nightly (except Sundays) starting around 8PM. People sing along if they know the words.

We have yet to make it to Coral Reef. Actually had ADRs last trip that we cancelled. We checked out the interior though and it looks pretty cool, though small.

We love RR! One of our favorite TS. I always get the It's Not Bleedin' Chowder and Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding. So good!

105_3802.jpg

Chowder

687.jpg

Kid's Shrimp and Chips

689.jpg

Pudding-the sauce makes it so good.

105_3804.jpg

Kid's Sundae-same butterscotch as the pudding!

Only thing we don't care for at RR is the Irish Soda Bread-served with honey and mead? Just not my cuppa tea!;)

We discovered a new TS fav last Sept! Wolfgang Pucks Cafe. :goodvibes We had 3 meals here, it was so good. And even with free DDP we were able to get in. :goodvibes

WDW09488.jpg

Sushi Sampler (inc. in DDP)

WDW09486.jpg

DD and her ravioli and meatballs (adult portion-she turned 10!)

WDW09487.jpg

Pepperoni and Mushroom pizza

WDW09490.jpg

our desserts our first meal, lunch

OMG! Those pics are amazing! I think Im sold on RR just on the chowder alone (and comming from New England, that says a lot!) :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter