Food and Wine question

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
If I wanted to squeeze in an adults only food and wine trip how much time/how many days is the minimum.

We would possible only do food and wine, maybe hit up one or two other favorites (a ride here of there, also hard for me not to go to MK but can skip HS and AK). Only goal is to do F&W as two adults. During the week.

Is get in early Tuesday (land around 8am) and leave mid day Thursday (2pm flight) enough time? A total waste?

If I wanted to squeeze in an adults only food and wine trip how much time/how many days is the minimum.

We would possible only do food and wine, maybe hit up one or two other favorites (a ride here of there, also hard for me not to go to MK but can skip HS and AK). Only goal is to do F&W as two adults. During the week.

Is get in early Tuesday (land around 8am) and leave mid day Thursday (2pm flight) enough time? A total waste?

It really depends on how you vacation, and how much you plan to indulge :)

My husband and I did this in September - flew down and landed around 10:30am - stayed offsite and had tickets to MNSSHP that evening. It was nice to not feel like we had to rush to a park since we couldn't even go in until 4pm.

We did almost the entire world showcase including Food and Wine booths in a single day, but we had planned it that way and were traveling with another couple so everything we bought we shared 4 ways. Started at opening, pretty much ate and drank nonstop until 20 minutes before Illuminations. We were fat, happy and a little buzzed :) If it were my husband and I alone, I probably would have preferred a half day for two days than trying to get it all in a single day. But it's easily a full day at Food and Wine by itself.

If you're pretty active and did half a day at Epcot after check-in on arrival, and another half day on Wednesday, you would probably have enough time to take in most of the Food & Wine sights and still have a little time to hit another park Wednesday. With a 2pm flight I wouldn't plan on much if any park time unless you're staying really close to a park entrance.

It really depends on how you vacation, and how much you plan to indulge :)

My husband and I did this in September - flew down and landed around 10:30am - stayed offsite and had tickets to MNSSHP that evening. It was nice to not feel like we had to rush to a park since we couldn't even go in until 4pm.

We did almost the entire world showcase including Food and Wine booths in a single day, but we had planned it that way and were traveling with another couple so everything we bought we shared 4 ways. Started at opening, pretty much ate and drank nonstop until 20 minutes before Illuminations. We were fat, happy and a little buzzed :) If it were my husband and I alone, I probably would have preferred a half day for two days than trying to get it all in a single day. But it's easily a full day at Food and Wine by itself.

If you're pretty active and did half a day at Epcot after check-in on arrival, and another half day on Wednesday, you would probably have enough time to take in most of the Food & Wine sights and still have a little time to hit another park Wednesday. With a 2pm flight I wouldn't plan on much if any park time unless you're staying really close to a park entrance.

So not completely crazy!

I mean we would pretty much do F&W only.... so two full days in epcot? Maybe hit up MK for a few quick things but that would be it.

Unless we did the party.... but probably not...

I would feel so much guilt leaving behind my 5 year old

I don't think it's a waste at all! You're biggest limitation is just how much food and drink you want to consume to make it "worth your while." I'd probably do two sessions each on Tuesday and Wednesday--roughly equivalent to lunch and dinner. In the mean time you can do attractions, go to MK, etc.

So not completely crazy!

I mean we would pretty much do F&W only.... so two full days in epcot? Maybe hit up MK for a few quick things but that would be it.

Unless we did the party.... but probably not...

I would feel so much guilt leaving behind my 5 year old

So maybe a good question would be - What are your goals at Food & Wine? Just wander around and take in the sights? See a seminar? Eat/drink at as many booths as possible? (This was our goal LOL)

I TOTALLY get the guilt. When we went in Sept it was the first time going anywhere without our DS11 and DS9. It took me a while to give myself permission to just enjoy everything. But once I did....Disney is a WHOLE NEW experience without the kids :)

I don't think it's a waste at all! You're biggest limitation is just how much food and drink you want to consume to make it "worth your while." I'd probably do two sessions each on Tuesday and Wednesday--roughly equivalent to lunch and dinner. In the mean time you can do attractions, go to MK, etc.

I’m totally ok not eating everything. My husband had been talking about getting to go for a while, so I thought maybe it would be a fun thing for us to do.

So maybe a good question would be - What are your goals at Food & Wine? Just wander around and take in the sights? See a seminar? Eat/drink at as many booths as possible? (This was our goal LOL)

I TOTALLY get the guilt. When we went in Sept it was the first time going anywhere without our DS11 and DS9. It took me a while to give myself permission to just enjoy everything. But once I did....Disney is a WHOLE NEW experience without the kids :)

Goal just to eat, drink, walk around and enjoy. Don’t need to see or eat everything but would love to try a ton of different things and just enjoy being kid free in my happy place!

Same have never left them yet! I’m kinda freaking out just thinking about it! They would be 5 and 15 months! Crying all the mom tears!

I TOTALLY get the guilt. When we went in Sept it was the first time going anywhere without our DS11 and DS9. It took me a while to give myself permission to just enjoy everything. But once I did....Disney is a WHOLE NEW experience without the kids
To assuage you guilt just rationalize that you wouldn't want your children to see you drinking like this at 11 in the morning.:earboy2:

I've done a quick adults-only F&W the last 3 years. First, let me say - it was a BLAST. Also, feel better knowing your children would not fully appreciate F&W (although they do include things to make it fun for kids, it's not the most kid-centric event!) I like doing one park (MK/DHS/AK) in the morning, then heading to Epcot early afternoon and through the evening. Repeat the next day with a different park in the morning. If you do one single, full day at Epcot, you get too full and it's too hard to try everything you want to!

I've done a quick adults-only F&W the last 3 years. First, let me say - it was a BLAST. Also, feel better knowing your children would not fully appreciate F&W (although they do include things to make it fun for kids, it's not the most kid-centric event!) I like doing one park (MK/DHS/AK) in the morning, then heading to Epcot early afternoon and through the evening. Repeat the next day with a different park in the morning. If you do one single, full day at Epcot, you get too full and it's too hard to try everything you want to!
Good to know!

I just booked the hotel!

I'd say that should absolutely be enough time to primary enjoy the festival. I added on a day for it recently on a work trip and it was great and leisurely to just wander and enjoy the foods (even though we were back as a family a month after that).

I'd probably recommend pushing the flight out a bit later on the return if you can, if you leave at 2pm you'll not get to enjoy the festival any that day. Whereas if you were to push your flight til about 4pm you could get there and enjoy lunch at the booths before heading to your flight.

I'd say that should absolutely be enough time to primary enjoy the festival. I added on a day for it recently on a work trip and it was great and leisurely to just wander and enjoy the foods (even though we were back as a family a month after that).

I'd probably recommend pushing the flight out a bit later on the return if you can, if you leave at 2pm you'll not get to enjoy the festival any that day. Whereas if you were to push your flight til about 4pm you could get there and enjoy lunch at the booths before heading to your flight.

Makes sense! Something to consider for sure!

Unless your going over a weekend I think 3-4 days would be fine. We plan our Food and wine around the Swan and Dolphin event each year. We arrive on Thursday.. Do Swan and Dolphin Friday and Saturday. Do a park on Sunday and then Monday-Thursday the following week we just eat around the world booths.

We spend a week at WDW. During F&W, we spend 3 days at EPCOT. The mornings are rides and attractions. The afternoon and evening is F&W.
We will also do 1 or 2 Food and Wine pairings for lunch so that takes 2-3 hours out of a day.
Doing it during the week works well. Avoid Friday evening and the weekend if at all possible.

We spend a week at WDW. During F&W, we spend 3 days at EPCOT. The mornings are rides and attractions. The afternoon and evening is F&W.
We will also do 1 or 2 Food and Wine pairings for lunch so that takes 2-3 hours out of a day.
Doing it during the week works well. Avoid Friday evening and the weekend if at all possible.

Thanks! Would be Tuesday - Thursday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter