Food and Wine Festival Review.....

lillygator

DIS Veteran
First off - the cast....me....DH and DD who turned 2 today!!
We went up to Disney for MNSSHP. We were only there for three days and really didn't plan on doing much but we hit Epcot on Thursday before the party.....

We were there early and it was so nice...it was like no one else was in the park. We never waited for any food line what so ever. In Mexico we had the Chicken and Chorizo Quesadilla and the mixed Maragrita....(not from the F&W fest) - the quesadilla was great.
In Australia we had the shrimp on the barbie, which all three of us thought was great.
Oktoberfest - we had the Knockwurst with Weinkraut....I don't like either so I only tasted the weinkraut but DH loved it!
Specialty Beer Garden....DH tried the Anheuser World Select beer which, they say is supposed to be like Henieken without the skunk taste....it was still skunky.
Japan - we had the Toyko Roll and the Shrimp Tempura, both were great, but the sushi was more your grocery store variety.
Morocco - we had the hummus and pita - very tasty.
France - Escargot Provencal - Excellent, my favorite from the entire fest! We also went into the wine store and had a sampling...I did only sips as I am pregnant....
Florida - we tried everything here...I am a native and I wanted to see how everything stacked up....the shrimp roll was interesting in presentation but not that tasty, otherwise, everything else was good. I did think the Florida booth was the best decorated, it really looked nice.
We did pass over a lot of the booths, we would look to see what they offered, the presentation and generally if it appealed to us or not.
I can't wait to return next year - we will definitely stay longer and particpate in some of the wine events and VIP dinners. We couldn't do any this year because I can't drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter