Food Allergies in Kids--- Corn, Peanuts, Soybeans, Wheat, and Dairy

Enjoy Life brand is free of top allergens - not sure about corn though.

Peanut Free Planet (web) might have items that fit into your needs.

We are just peanut/tree nut/apple/banana.

Hate to have a new member but...welcome to the club.

At first it will be hard but then it will be just like any day.

My son is dairy, peanut, treenut & egg white allergic. Peanut is almost gone & the egg whites he can have cooked in something.

But like I said at first it will be hard but it does get easier. It's just alot of reading at the grocery store the first few times.

I do order, wait the Easter Bunny gets it's bunny from Divvies.

I know that Gharidelli (sp) semi sweet you can't have since it has soy in it.

When I make pancakes I use apple juice or whatever juice I have on hand vs milk, same with muffins.

One of the things I did do when my son was first diagnosed was go to an online allergy store website & I was able to click the foods/allergens to avoid. I tried to find that website but it is no longer around.

At first it will be hard but then it will be just like any day.

My son is dairy, peanut, treenut & egg white allergic. Peanut is almost gone & the egg whites he can have cooked in something.

But like I said at first it will be hard but it does get easier. It's just alot of reading at the grocery store the first few times.

I do order, wait the Easter Bunny gets it's bunny from Divvies.

I know that Gharidelli (sp) semi sweet you can't have since it has soy in it.

When I make pancakes I use apple juice or whatever juice I have on hand vs milk, same with muffins.

One of the things I did do when my son was first diagnosed was go to an online allergy store website & I was able to click the foods/allergens to avoid. I tried to find that website but it is no longer around.

That website sounds really cool!!

Sorry to hear this but I ditto the above, "Welcome to the Club!". I would suggest going through your pantry, marking anything that appears safe at this time and set it aside. Anything not safe, either throw out or separate and place in a non-safe zone for the non-allergic family members. Once you have the "safe foods", call each company's consumer line. By FDA regulation, items must list or highlight the top 8 allergens, but they do not have to indicate "May contain or processed on shared equipment". Sometimes it depends on production lots and factory numbers of certain items too. The consumer line should be able to tell you this based on codes fromt eh boxes, bags, whatever. For the not "Top 8" you will have to read a lot and ask a lot of questions. There are many specialty companies that sell "allergy friendly foods" but there are many "regular companies" that are okay as well. You will get the hang of it over time and it will be less overwhelming with time. Good luck and take a deep breath! We've been dealing with allergies with my oldest for 8 years. It is manageable and doable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter