Flying to Disney with a Wheelchair with photos by Andrew Prince.

Thanks. I hope this gives people more confidence to travel. I am just thankful that I traveled so much before I got so old and mobility challenged. As we are retired we drive almost every place except to the West coast.

Thanks. I hope this gives people more confidence to travel. I am just thankful that I traveled so much before I got so old and mobility challenged. As we are retired we drive almost every place except to the West coast.

You're welcome, arminnie. I remember when I first started flying and I was worried about my mobility scooter and now my wheelchair when several people will handle my equipment. I didn't know if I had done everything to prepare myself, etc.

I hope that it will help other newer guests that read here, too, that have never had a similar experience before.

I lost my car several years ago and I just recently retired, so when I want to go on vacations in a major city I fly. I guess that I could rent a SUV to travel, but I like the Disney Magical Express from the Orlando Airport and I like using all of Walt Disney World's accessible transportation.

Flying is getting more expensive and so are the Disney tickets and resort rooms.

Eventually, I see myself buying another car for my needs and when I do, I will drive instead of flying to save money. I dislike the idea of having to stay offsite instead of onsite, but I may have to as the prices keep increasing.

I have never been to the West coast. My bucket list includes going to Disneyland sometime. I would especially like to go when the Christmas lights and decorations of up. I hope that Bill Sears takes a lot of photos on his upcoming trip about his off-site hotel and traveling by wheelchair from the airport to his resort and to Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter