Flying into Fall!! – WISH September Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

Flossbolna

Sea days are just so relaxing!
Welcome to the WISH Board healthy living and weight loss challenge for September!

wdw-soarin-tour-family-mountain-900x260.jpg

(this is a promotional picture of the new-ish Soarin around the World)

September brings the start of fall, but instead of just falling into fall, we will fly together and help us each to reach our individual goals for healthy living.

Everyone is welcome to join, whether this the first time you stumble across this thread or whether you have been here before, we are happy to have you. Don't feel shy, say hello and join in!

How does it work?

You set yourself a goal of what you want to achieve during September. Whether it is a weight loss goal, an exercise goal, getting more sleep, drinking more water, that's up to you. You are responsible for tracking your progress and post it once a week (between Friday and Monday) and I will then collect all the progress reports on Mondays to see how everyone is doing.

I will be your flight instructor for the month and take you on our tour with daily questions to spark some discussion. But feel free to talk about any topic that you want to address.

So, come and grab a set of wings and we will saor into the sky!!

Participants:

@Flossbolna
@4Mickeys
@piglet1979
@Oneanne
@HappyGrape

Future hosts:
October:
November:

December: @4Mickeys

And one note: There are plenty of vacancies for future flight instructors!! Let me know if you want to sign up for one of the coming months!! There is also the possibility to share hosting with someone else. So, if you think you are interested to host a couple of weeks, just post in the thread and we will try to find someone to take on the other weeks!

Last edited:
Question of the Day for 9/4:

Before we take off for our flight, it is important to know where we want to fly to and how we plan to get there. So, tell us what you want acchieve and how you are planning to map your route to your goal. If you want to tell us a little about yourself as well, we would love to get to know you better, too!

Last edited:

Somebody volunteered to do October last month - I will go back and see if I can find it - if not hopefully they will remind us who it was :-)

I am happy to do December I will be on vacation for most of it by then so I will have less things to juggle.

Before we take of for our flight, it is important to know where we want to fly to and how we plan to get there. So, tell us what you want acchieve and how you are planning to map your route to your goal. If you want to tell us a little about yourself as well, we would love to get to know you better, too!

Hello all,

I am Sam, from the Sunshine Coast in Australia. I am mum to 3 fabulous kids who are growing up way too fast! DS16, DS13 & DD13. I work full time and parent solo. As a result I find it hard to get organised, stay organised and find time to be active. It is all about work, running the kids around, housework & homework. Although, Hockey season for the boys just finished so I now have more of my Tuesday nights back (DD still has dance though) and our Saturdays back. I think I really need to make the next few months about finding time for ME to get healthy. I am at my biggest, my blood pressure is higher than it should be, I feel tired all the time and just plain overwhelmed at the moment. One of my biggest problems is that growing up I just didn't form good habits for eating or activity and now I am paying for it big time now that I am in my mid 40s. The weight has crept and crept some years more than others but I have just continually been going up clothing sizes for some time now.

I have a dietician appointment next week and one with an exercise physiologist either this Saturday or next Saturday (I better check that tomorrow!) - so I need to harness the assistance from these people and really get serious about this.

There are no birthdays or celebrations during September for us so that shouldn't be an issue. I will have about 2 weeks vacation time at the end of next week - so some more time in the day to get active.

For my actual goal though - I think I will post it next week after I have spoken with the dietician and exercise PT - then I will feel like you guys will help give me some extra accountability.

Okay - I am off to sleep now - ready for another big work day tomorrow.

Thanks again @Flossbolna for stepping in for the month of September :hug:

Looks the month is slow in picking up participants! I hope some of you will still jump in and keep @4Mickeys and me company! :goodvibes

I have thought about goals for the month quite a bit and I am a bit at a loss. I had a great month in August with eating and exercising and in the end I did not lose any weight at all. I am quite a bit disappointed about this. So, I decided that my goal cannot be results based, but needs to be based on something that I can acchieve. I have been tracking my cumulative calorie deficit over August and I decided to aim for 20.000 kcal deficit during September. This will require me to track every day as only tracked days count, but it will also keep me active in order to be able to acchieve the high goal.

A little introduction about myself: I am 45, live in Germany (and am from here), in a town with a real world castle. Somehow I still ended up with a love for Disney castles... :rotfl: I have struggled with weight for most of my life, but luckily always seemed to stay in the overweight, never in the obese sector. I had some times when I was not overweight, but then pounds seem to have creeped on. Over the last 4 years I have been taking part in these threads and for most of that time I was around a BMI of 25. Of course my vanity makes me want to lose some more weight for the look, not for health reasons. Currently I am higher than I was and so I am really motivated to get back down again!

QOTD for 9/5:

If you want to fly, you can only bring a limited baggage with you. Packing light is essential! But sometimes being restricted to the essentials can also be a positive thing. So, for our flight for the month, pick three things (material or immaterial) that you have to bring with you and three that you will leave behind!

Good Morning. I am in for another month. I had a non busy busy weekend. We had nothing planned but I felt like I did a ton. My goal for this month is to lose 3 pounds. I did horrible last month and I am sure I gained at least a pound. I was looking back at my weight since January and in March I was down to 134 and now I am at 141. I am so made at myself for this. I am really hoping that this month slows down some. School has started and i only have 1 more meeting to go to. My plan is to get to the rec at least 5 days a week. They are now open on Sundays again (for the summer they are closed on Sundays) so this should not be a problem. I am also going to eat better. Track track my calories and stay around or under 1200 calories a day. I would like to get 10,000 steps on my day off from the rec and 12,000-13,000 on the days I go to the rec. I can do this! I only need to lose 20 pounds in 11 months. Very doable. I just need to stick to the plan. Also I need to lay off of the pop again.

Good Tuesday morning all... I'm in for another month. Thanks @Flossbolna for picking September up. August was another not-really-trying month for me, so I've been thinking a lot about what I need to do to get back on track. I've decided it needs to be a couple little things, and have come up with:

Using my Insta-Pot once a week
Increasing my water intake back up to where it needs to be
Bringing my breakfast to work with me every morning Mon thru Fri

QOTD 9.4: What I hope to achieve in September is to be feeling better, more specifically to have more energy and more comfort in my body. My road map is partly in my monthly goals... stay hydrated and start the days out with a proper breakfast, to set the days up right. But I also need to channel the increased energy into actions that will move me towards my goals.

QOTD 9.5: Three things I'm taking in to the month... 1. my Insta-pot, 2. the mason jars I use to prepare over-night oats and chia puddings, and 3. a diary/notebook to start logging what I am doing and how it makes me feel.
Three things I am not taking in to the month... 1. the negative attitude I've had of late, 2. my excuses, 3. my acceptance of not trying hard enough to get the results I desire.

The weatherman was right, we had a very hot holiday weekend, which is continuing for a couple more days this week. We have pretty bad forest fires happening in the state, to the point where ash is falling in communities around the city... this morning the light is very eerie, it has a yellow cast like when there is electricity in the air. I barely scratched the surface of things I wanted to accomplish over the ling weekend, but did enough to remember that its just a bunch of little things that need to happen, and if I continue to do one or two a day they will all get done.

Last edited:
Looks the month is slow in picking up participants! I hope some of you will still jump in and keep @4Mickeys and me company! :goodvibes

:rotfl: I was thinking it was just going to be you and me as well - I just woke up and came on to see if that was the case still... but glad to see @piglet1979 and @Oneanne decided to join us :-)

I had a great month in August with eating and exercising and in the end I did not lose any weight at all. I am quite a bit disappointed about this.

That is frustrating - especially when you know you have put the effort in :sad2:

Currently I am higher than I was and so I am really motivated to get back down again!

Good luck this month with getting some movement downwards direction - I know you are definitely motivated to make that make happen ;) ::yes::

I am so made at myself for this.

You can get back down there again - you have a solid goal - but I understand that self-anger!

1. the negative attitude I've had of late, 2. my excuses, 3. my acceptance of not trying hard enough to get the results I desire.

Seems like you read my mind :rotfl2:

I have to dash - I will be back later to do the QOTD - the morning is slipping away and I have to get the kids out of bed and get ready for work!

Before we take off for our flight, it is important to know where we want to fly to and how we plan to get there. So, tell us what you want acchieve and how you are planning to map your route to your goal. If you want to tell us a little about yourself as well, we would love to get to know you better, too!

I am completely out of routine, as much as I don't want to admit it. 5 weeks in total vacations (lucky me!) home renovations and no access to kitchen, childare issues and no time for the gym, a lot of work to be done in addition to work and being a Mum and my husband being away for 3 weeks!

tumblr_n1kkcfeHqM1tq4of6o1_500.gif

So my goal, form today is
Tracking every day on MFP
Walking at least 13 000 steps
Not going over my daily calories
Eating half of each of my meals veggies and fruit
Limit processed food and eating out little

I am 39, mother of one living in Dublin. I love travelling and food and I don't like to feel fat - lol not a good match!

:welcome: back @Piglet, @Oneanne and @HappyGrape!! Great to see you all joining in again!!

I was looking back at my weight since January and in March I was down to 134 and now I am at 141.

Don't beat yourself up over a past that oyu cannot change! Try to focus on the future instead! :goodvibes

I can do this! I only need to lose 20 pounds in 11 months. Very doable. I just need to stick to the plan. Also I need to lay off of the pop again.

Yes, it is very doable! And it sounds like you have the right attitude to acchieve it, too!

Using my Insta-Pot once a week
Increasing my water intake back up to where it needs to be
Bringing my breakfast to work with me every morning Mon thru Fri

Sounds like a good base to build on!

Three things I am not taking in to the month... 1. the negative attitude I've had of late, 2. my excuses, 3. my acceptance of not trying hard enough to get the results I desire.

Last month was when I decided that I really had to get rid of the excuses and that I needed to try harder, so I really get where you come from! I hope you will manage to leave those behind you!!

I am completely out of routine, as much as I don't want to admit it. 5 weeks in total vacations (lucky me!) home renovations and no access to kitchen, childare issues and no time for the gym, a lot of work to be done in addition to work and being a Mum and my husband being away for 3 weeks!

Wow, sounds like a really hard time to get through!! I am happy to see you back here after all this! I am sure that you will be able to get back into the routine quickly though!

---

Yesterday's QOTD:

Things that I need to take with me are:
1) my running shoes. I have gotten serious about running three times a week again and I really just love it. I always feel better when I get the exercise
2) my food scale. I really need to stay with the habit of puttin everything I eat on the scale. If I start estimating things always go wrong...
3) my motivation. August was a great month for me with motivation and I really want to keep that momentum going. I have noticed that over the last two weeks I have been less motivated to stay away from the candy and I really need to get better with this again.

Things that I will leave behind:
1) my late evening snacking habit. I have had some success recently with brushing my teeth directly after dinner, so I need to keep up doing this!
2) my laziness. Ultimately I rather sit on my sofa or in front of the computer than do something active.
3) unrealistic expectations. I tend to always aim too high with how quickly I can get to weight x. And when I don't reach it as quickly as I want to, I get disappointed. I really need to stop thinking about my goal weight, but instead aim more for the things that can lead me to that weight!

Question of the Day for 9/6:

To Infinity and Beyond!!

In Toy Story Buzz Lightyear is absolutely convinced that he can fly - despite the fact that he is just a plastic toy and all the other toys know that. But then he goes to prove them that he can fly and what happens? He is flying!

Sometimes in order to get to Infinity and Beyond we just need the right portion of self confidence (and as in Buzz's case some luck...) to get us there. Do you feel that you believe in yourself to acchieve the goals that you set yourself? Do you think that your believe (or lack thereof) is helpful or limiting?

QOTD for 9/5:

If you want to fly, you can only bring a limited baggage with you. Packing light is essential! But sometimes being restricted to the essentials can also be a positive thing. So, for our flight for the month, pick three things (material or immaterial) that you have to bring with you and three that you will leave behind!

Great questions

Leaving behind
Snacking after dinner.
Going over my calories.
Eating out too much.

Packing
Preparation and planning ahead
Consistency in tracking
Focus on keeping it happy, healthy and happy is the goal.

To Infinity and Beyond!!

Sometimes in order to get to Infinity and Beyond we just need the right portion of self confidence (and as in Buzz's case some luck...) to get us there. Do you feel that you believe in yourself to acchieve the goals that you set yourself? Do you think that your believe (or lack thereof) is helpful or limiting?

Probably not consistently. Generally yes but not all the time. Very limiting. I read somewhere that they did a test group of pesimists and optimists doing some new task. Pessimist sow their performance more realistic and optimists thought they did much better than what they did.

They measured progress in few months. The Optimists group improved a lot more, the pessimist didn't.

I think I need to give myself the fight I can do it, even if I haven't done it before. Not only for health, for anything. Little pep talk and little bit of trust in yourself goes far! When I do that, I tend to feel happier, and do better.

Hey y'all! I am joining in for September! Sorry for the late join- I started off September in WDW and just got back last night :D

Alrighty I'm Ann and I reside in Kansas City! I'm in my mid 20s and married with no kids so my goals are all around getting my body to a healthy place where I can enjoy a long and healthy life with my family as it grows. For this month I'm going for 5 lbs lost, 4 workouts per week, and drinking at least 48 oz of water each day.

Somebody volunteered to do October last month - I will go back and see if I can find it - if not hopefully they will remind us who it was :-)

That was me!! Put me down for October :) (my personal favorite month)

QOTD for 9/5:

Bringing with:
1. My water bottle. It's a great gauge for how much water I've consumed each day. I know that if I have my usual cup of water with breakfast, then drink one full bottle of water before lunch and one after lunch before leaving work, all I need is one more cup in the evening to reach my 48 oz.
2. My vision. I started on this journey because I crept over the line to an overweight BMI. My long term goal is ultimately health, but I would also like to look a little fitter. I started WW in May with a goal to lose 30 lbs by mid November, when we go to Hawaii. So I just keep picturing the vacation photos we are going to take and how bangin' I'm going to look in them!
3. My WW app. Seriously can't survive without this.

Leaving home:
1. The lie that my weight is connected to my worth. Yes, I want to be healthier and slimmer and I'm going to work hard to ultimately achieve that goal. However, along the way I know I'll face ups and downs and during those 'downs' I need to remember that who I am is more important than how much I weigh.
2. Being hungry. When I let myself get very hungry then I am more susceptible to giving in to unhealthy cravings. I need to work hard to satisfy my hunger with filling and nutritional foods so that there's no room left to stuff my face with Doritos (which happened way too often last month).
3. Boredom. I have too much to do to let myself be bored!

To Infinity and Beyond!!

In Toy Story Buzz Lightyear is absolutely convinced that he can fly - despite the fact that he is just a plastic toy and all the other toys know that. But then he goes to prove them that he can fly and what happens? He is flying!

My answer to this question changes on the daily. Some days I am full of confidence and rocking my lifestyle changes and other days I am in the dumps feeling lumpy and gross and like I'll never reach my goals. I think the overall trend leans toward confidence, especially since I've seen results over the last few months.

Awesome questions and I'm so excited to be joining you all again for September!

I missed answering yesterdays question.

What I will leave behind
1. Pop. I am not sure where this love of pop came from. We never was never in the house growing up. This started in my 20's.
2. Excusses
3. feeling like I will never hit my goal

What I am packing
1. Good attitude -- Positive outlook
2. A wiling to do what needs to be done
3. MFP to track what i am eating

Todays questions -- I would say it depends on the day. Last week I felt fat and horrible about myself. This week I an recharged feel skinny and ready to go.

Kids activities really need to stop getting in my way. we had a pop up soccer practice yesterday so i didn't get to the rec. I did eat really good though. Lunch was a really big salad. Now today my headache needs to go away. We have soccer practice, dance class and a meeting at the school tonight. I hate these days. Just too going on.

QOTD: I don't think confidence, or lack of it, is my problem... I think it's my lack of dedication (aka laziness), and being enticed by instant gratification rather than staying focused on the long term. I've been thinking lately about how it is necessary to protect the things that are important to us, and I need to start doing that for myself... protecting my future by taking better care of myself now. I feel like I'm sounding like a broken record saying the same things over and over, I guess that just shows that I'm not successfully managing my "stuff" yet.

Holy cow, I can't believe it's September 6th already? The first week of the month is already gone? I head to Nashville end of next week... hopefully. It'll really depend on where Irma ends up, and if she hits the Carolina's it would seem like Tennessee might be on the edge of it. Hope anyone in the path, or paths since its not really known where she's going yet, stays safe.

I also need to get going on my monthly goals. Today I'll focus on water intake, and tomorrow I'll bring my breakfast. I have some sweet potatoes that need to be cooked, so tonight I'll toss them in the Insta-pot and see how that works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter