flying fish

We ate there last January and thought it was great! The service was friendly and professional and the food was outstanding!

I seem to write a lot of posts about Flying Fish. It is a fantastic restaurant! The calamari is the best I've ever had, the salads are great and the steak is incredible. We also like our waiter, John. :p

Have a great time!

FF is always on our list of "must do's." In fact, we usually can't stop ourselves from going more than once during our stay. You may enjoy sitting at the chef's table, which is a "bar" of sorts where you can sit and watch the chef's cook. We've done this a few times. Bon Apetit!

The Fish is outstanding! Have had great tuna. The bananna napolian is wonderful. DW gets two one for there one to go. LOL

Excellent! You won't be disappointed.
It's nice to walk the boardwalk after dinner.

On our last trip to WDW we stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and by the end of our trip we ate at the Fish 4 Times!! The food is just fabulous and the service excellent each time!! The restaurant has a very comfortable and festive feel to it. I heard via these boards that there is a new chef that started just after our trip and I am curious about any menu changes and peoples' experiences since then!We are going for a short trip in October and will definately fit it in somewhere!!

We make reservations here each visit. Phenomenal meals! I love the tuna, cooked rare, with wasabi sauce. Mmmmmmmmm! My husband loves the steaks - he complimented the chef on the way out & he never does this!

Enjoy!

u will love the fish, we like to sit at the high bar
Anderson is one of the Bartenders he is great
Better leave another night open u will want to go back...
pricey but worth every penny..
we like to order sometimes 3 meals she gets the wahoo and so do i and we also get the oak grilled steak and do a surf and turf thing the rasotto is awesome the crab cakes r great
the last ime we where there in may they had changed the menu
just a bit.. we got the new app. the mussles out of this world
the chef from the flying fish just left to go to work as chef at
any Guesses THE California Grill
so offf we go to the CG. every time we go we have a rule
that we have to try atleast 1 new place and of course we get to do our fav.. plus others we do to get seating at certain shows and such
well anyways just 18 days til we go to the fish enjoy...
peter

NUMMERS!!!

Sorry about the hardcore professional restaurant reviewer jargon... just go, you'll like it.

For non-fish eaters, the steaks are supposed to be good, but I will personally vouch for the pork chops.

Enjoy!

Kevin

So, have all of you been to FF since the new chef started? I also heard that the FF chef went to the Calif. Grill. I heard that was great(and I liked it before!) How is the new chef and how is the menu at FF? Was looking forward to going to FF.

We have only been there since the new chef started. We're kicking ourselves for waiting so long to try it, but we're making up for lost time!
I can't remember the menu that well, I always knew I would be ordering steak, it is fantastic! There might be a chicken item on the menu but the pork chops are gone. I'm sure my husband would have tried them if they had them. I wish they did have them. The salads and appetizers can vary from night to night. I do think the calamari was the most tender calamari I've ever had, the sauces for dipping are good too.
We had the misfortune of sitting next to a table of rowdy, badly-behaved children the last time we went to Flying Fish. I am hoping that the atmosphere will be more suitable if we dine a little later in the evening next time. I understand it's Disney World, there are children everywhere but there is no reason to let them run in circles around a table, screaming and chasing each other. These kids had their shoes off, there were shoes all over the place! The parents were simply enjoying their wine, oblivious. :mad:

But, that's a whole other story, isn't it?

Enjoy!

We've been in love with Flying Fish since they first opened their doors.
Our last visit (mid July) was our first encounter with the new chef/new menu.
Steak was still great, my fish (tuna) was still good, but was VERY disappointed that they changed the traditional ceasar salad...it used to be very garlic-y but now the dressing is mild...in fact, it is 'green goddess'

Yachtsman also changed their ceasar salad a couple years ago when they changed chefs as well...

But anyway, FF is still a good meal but I guess we'll be heading back to Narcoosee's if we want our serious ceasar.
:) (at least I hope they haven't changed it too!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter