Flying Fish Fix

RUDisney

Mom to Ivan & Kristina
I need a Flying Fish Fix...

Please tell me, so I can live vicariously through you, about your last dinner there....

Only 7 more months until our trip!

there was in November. There were six of us and we sat at the cooking bar. I had the tuna appetizer and it was HUGE! My dad and I split it, along with the oysters with buttermilk dressing. I had the potato wrapped snapper as my entree. This is perhaps my favorite meal at WDW. We all split a bottle of champagne and ordered the chocolate lava cake and the Bananas Napolean. It was the last meal of our trip and the most delicious!

Oh, I am craving that red wine and leek reduction sauce! SOOO good!:goodvibes

DD(14) and I ate there last Dec. DD had the crab crakes appetizer, while I had a seasonal bouillabaise(sp?) which was delicious!!

I had the potato-wrapped snapper - YUMMM! - and DD had a wonderful scallop dish they were substituting for the mahi-mahi, which they had run out of. I had a glass of wine, but, not being an expert, I can't remember what kind! I think it was the chef's suggested wine.

For dessert, we split the chocolate souffle with vanilla sauce - Whew! I'm drooling just thinking about it!!:p

Thank you all for reminiscing with me!

We went twice on our last trip. It had been recommended by a friend of ours and we couldn't believe that we'd missed out on this restaurant every trip until then.

The first time, I had the tuna steak with wasabi mashed potatoes. The second time, I had the salmon with bacon schnitzel. Both were fabulous! DH had the sea bass both times. I make an awful sea bass, so he usually orders it whenever he can.

How much fun was it sitting at the cooking bar? Did you get to talk with the chefs while they worked? It seems like it can be alot of fun.

is awesome. We always try to sit there. I think we've only had a regular table once, and we've been there half a dozen times. The cooks do talk to you, and once they sent me a taste of something I was asking about. It's really fascinating to me to watch them as they work and see how it all comes together. The only downside is if you have more than a couple people, being spread out like that makes conversation a little difficult.

Beause of several recommendations I read here, this time instead of having fish I opted for the steak. I was fabulous. Probably the best of Disney property. DH always gets fish so I can have the best of both worlds.

RUDisney - We felt the same way, this was our first meal at FF, and can't believe it took us so long!! We had even stayed at the BWI without eating there!!:rolleyes:

DD and I thought about sitting at the cooking bar, but, being short, I tend to avoid stools. My feet always dangle, and I feel like I'm going to slide off onto the floor!!:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts