Flying fears?

beautybelle

DIS Veteran
We are going to be flying out of Greensboro, NC. on May 17. I am a little....ok a LOT concerned over this new mystery Pneumonia that is out now and seems to be passed through air travel. Is anyone else worried about this or am I being paranoid?

I'm not worried in the least. I'm leaving this earth one way or another in the next 60 or 70 years. Might as well be at Disney.;)

beautybelle,

It is a little nerve racking to hear about this in the news. Would a link to the CDC help to reassure you?

Link to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) on the severe acute respiratory syndrome SARS topic

(So far, anyway) the risk factor seem to be visiting the following countries:Hong Kong, Guangdong Province, People's Republic of China, and Hanoi, Vietnam and not simply flying on an airplane.

"Travelers returning from Hong Kong, Guangdong Province, People’s Republic of China and Hanoi, Vietnam are being given printed information (health alert notices) that they may have been exposed to cases of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). " (from the CDC web site)

The CDC does have a recommendation out for flight crews--in terms of managing a suspected case. So, far, I haven't heard of any flight crews getting ill (or being in the high risk group other than visiting one of the above countries). I would think since they put the most frequent flyer miles in, that they would be at the highest risk (and there would be lot of cases) of the disease if flying were a risk factor...
CDC Flight crew recommendations

(I hope I haven't made you more worried with the links. I have two trips planned in the next two months, myself. :) ).

-DC :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter