Flowers from my hubby in Kuwait/Shades of Green

TottenKing

You don't need a weather man to know which way the
Today I got a beautiful vase of flowers from DH who's stationed in Kuwait (see my signature below). I'm so lucky!! :cloud9:

I can't wait for him to come home on leave in May. We're going to Shades of Green from May 6 to the 13th. Any other servicemembers' families going to Shades of Green (or another resort)?

Thanks for letting me share!! :sunny:

Aaawwww- that is so sweet!! :flower:

My DH is coming home in Feb and we are doing a quick trip to Shades of Green...we have been there numerous times and we are always pleased. Are you utilizing their R&R package??

Have fun!!

TottenKing said:
Today I got a beautiful vase of flowers from DH who's stationed in Kuwait (see my signature below). I'm so lucky!! :cloud9:

I can't wait for him to come home on leave in May. We're going to Shades of Green from May 6 to the 13th. Any other servicemembers' families going to Shades of Green (or another resort)?

Thanks for letting me share!! :sunny:

What a wonderful husband to do that for you. :flower:

I stayed at SOG with my family while DH was deployed and I have to admit it was a little tough seeing all those service members there while he was gone :(

Your upcoming trip for R&R will be a little happier than mine though! Have a wonderful time and I'll be keeping you and your husband in my thoughts...

Jynohn said:
I stayed at SOG with my family while DH was deployed and I have to admit it was a little tough seeing all those service members there while he was gone :(

That would be very tough. When I see people locally dressed in Army uniforms it gives me a little pang.

I'm glad to see your husband is back. What a good looking soldier!! ;)

Harligirl said:
I just noticed our countdown clocks are the same!!!!

Wow! Where is your DH stationed?

We are using the R&R package and it seems like a pretty good deal. I think we'll probably skip using a couple of the dinner passes and instead do some dinner character dining. I still think we'll come out ahead. If I have passes left, I may be able to pass them along. (I'll have to see what the restrictions are.)

Is your DH home in February on leave or "for good"? If only on leave, when will he be home for good, if you know?

BTW, what is that funny tail that hangs off the end of our tickers? lol

TottenKing said:
Wow! Where is your DH stationed?

We are using the R&R package and it seems like a pretty good deal. I think we'll probably skip using a couple of the dinner passes and instead do some dinner character dining. I still think we'll come out ahead. If I have passes left, I may be able to pass them along. (I'll have to see what the restrictions are.)

Is your DH home in February on leave or "for good"? If only on leave, when will he be home for good, if you know?

BTW, what is that funny tail that hangs off the end of our tickers? lol

I don't know what that lil tail is....hmm...funny I never noticed it! My DH is in Kuwait. He will only be home on leave in Feb and isn't expected home for good until Nov. :guilty:

Have you used the dining package with Shades before? Do they give you actual passes to use for meals? Can you do buffet only or regular menu?

I figured the same thing about skipping some meals....I figure what extra we are paying would be what we would pay for breakfast atleast...so as long as we have one meal a day, we are good....

When is your DH expected home for good?

Harligirl said:
My DH is in Kuwait. He will only be home on leave in Feb and isn't expected home for good until Nov. :guilty:

Have you used the dining package with Shades before? Do they give you actual passes to use for meals? Can you do buffet only or regular menu?

I figured the same thing about skipping some meals....I figure what extra we are paying would be what we would pay for breakfast atleast...so as long as we have one meal a day, we are good....

When is your DH expected home for good?

We haven't used the dining plan before so I'll be seeing how it goes.

My husband is hoping he comes home for good in or around September. Of course, his orders are for up to two years so no clues there. He's basing that on the fact that the unit they relieved was there ("in country") twelve months.

It's such a hard wait but there are a lot of women on here who understand. Here's a thread I started during a particularly rough time:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=948590

Keep in touch. I always feel like people without a deployed spouse aren't really able to understand. This is a good place to find people who do. :grouphug:

Something must be in the water- I got flowers from my DH yesterday! :love:

Hi Alice28

Wow- I noticed your ticker .... 3 days until DH is home!!! Yippee! Congrats! Home for good? How long has he been gone??

My ticker should say 5 days, but I don't want to change it at this point!

Yep, he'll be home for GOOD. Gone with the OR Nat'l Guard for 17 months. Put a fork in us, we're DONE! :cool1:

Alice28 said:
My ticker should say 5 days, but I don't want to change it at this point!

Yep, he'll be home for GOOD. Gone with the OR Nat'l Guard for 17 months. Put a fork in us, we're DONE! :cool1:

Woooo Hooooo! Congratulations!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter