Flower & Garden 2018 start date? Updated Again!!: February 28 - May 28 CONFIRMED! See Post#60

pammydw

They call me Mrs. Potato Head!
i am planning a trip for myself and my mom, along with my very dearest friend and her mom and sister for the F&G show. Hard thing is, no dates are released yet. I realize they won't be released for a while as Disney is busy promoting F&W and the holidays. I have researched, and called Disney customer service, and I have been told that the start date for F&G is usually the Wednesday of the first full week of March, but nothing was confirmed. Our dates are March 5-9 (Monday-Friday), which would mean March 7th being the start date IF Disney goes by what has been done before. My 180 ADR window is this Wednesday the 6th, so I'm panicking a little that the F&G dates haven't been released yet, and that all my planning could be in vain. Can anyone of you knowledgeable Disboarders put this mind at ease that my dates are possibly good to go for F&G?
I realize it's all a guessing game at this point, but I'm looking for some small sliver of reassurance that our dates will coordinate with the start of F&G. Or does anyone have an inside scoop of the dates? Lol! Wishful thinking :rotfl2: but I would really appreciate any foresight! Thanks much!

@hiroMYhero. Thank you for the reply! i have been searching for start dates and was never able to find anything! Thank you so much! Looks like I could have kept my previous dates of Feb 28-March 4, but panicked and moved them a week later. Are these the confirmed dates? Also, I make my ADR's on Wednesday, and would love to get a Garden rocks, but I don't see those as available yet on the dining page. Am I missing them somewhere?

@hiroMYhero. Thank you for the reply! i have been searching for start dates and was never able to find anything! Thank you so much! Looks like I could have kept my previous dates of Feb 28-March 4, but panicked and moved them a week later. Are these the confirmed dates? Also, I make my ADR's on Wednesday, and would love to get a Garden rocks, but I don't see those as available yet on the dining page. Am I missing them somewhere?
Yes. The dates are confirmed. wdwent.com also lists events and their confirmed dates. :)

http://www.wdwent.com/EPCOT.htm

Yes. The dates are confirmed. wdwent.com also lists events and their confirmed dates. :)

http://www.wdwent.com/EPCOT.htm
Thank you! I have called Disney a couple times and haven't been able to get them to confirm that date (last call about 3 weeks ago when I panicked that we might miss the whole festival) and they couldn't tell me anything! Appreciate your response! It cost a few hundred dollars more, and I have to take more time off work, but I guess I'll keep the dates I have! Any idea when the Garden Rocks might be announced?

Thanks. That's the other thing, besides overall dates, I was wondering about. Are there certain bands which have usually been at the F&G festival the last few years?

i am planning a trip for myself and my mom, along with my very dearest friend and her mom and sister for the F&G show. Hard thing is, no dates are released yet. I realize they won't be released for a while as Disney is busy promoting F&W and the holidays. I have researched, and called Disney customer service, and I have been told that the start date for F&G is usually the Wednesday of the first full week of March, but nothing was confirmed. Our dates are March 5-9 (Monday-Friday), which would mean March 7th being the start date IF Disney goes by what has been done before. My 180 ADR window is this Wednesday the 6th, so I'm panicking a little that the F&G dates haven't been released yet, and that all my planning could be in vain. Can anyone of you knowledgeable Disboarders put this mind at ease that my dates are possibly good to go for F&G?
I realize it's all a guessing game at this point, but I'm looking for some small sliver of reassurance that our dates will coordinate with the start of F&G. Or does anyone have an inside scoop of the dates? Lol! Wishful thinking :rotfl2: but I would really appreciate any foresight! Thanks much!

That's old info, which you sometimes get from Disney's phone reps. That's when the festival started in 2011 and 2013, mid-way through my March trips in both years. But last year it started on March 1 - still a Wed. but obviously not the first full week. This year, I have the same dates Hiro posted, which start on a Friday. It doesn't seem to be posted on the event page on the Disney site, but the TAs I know have the dates confirmed and that's good enough for me.

BTW, we'll be there the same week. Fingers crossed for good weather - on my 2013 trip, the horticulture crew was working midnights and setting up propane patio heaters to keep the F&G displays looking good through a couple nights of frost and near-freezing lows. I took the festival-exclusive backstage tour in April that year and the cast member leading it told some funny stories about how they managed the cold.

Thanks. That's the other thing, besides overall dates, I was wondering about. Are there certain bands which have usually been at the F&G festival the last few years?

These are the acts that played the festival in 2017,the only group that's a guarantee to be there is Starship as they're always there,the majority of this list have a history of playing the festivals.The exceptions would be Simple Plan and Berlin,Expose is listed as new but they've done Eat to the Beat a decent amount of times.Plain While ts are the newest darling of the festivals as they've been doing Eat to the Beat as well as Garden Rocks lately,the same can be said of Dennis Deyoung but he lost his voice for Eat to the Beat last year and couldn't sing,Tiffany subbed some of his dates and on the last day he went up on stage but his band mates did the singing,that may be the reason he came back for Garden Rocks .Here's last years list.

• March 3-4 – Jon Secada – “Just Another Day”
  • March 5-6 – Dennis DeYoung – The Music of STYX – “Grand Illusion”
  • March 10-13 – Pointer Sisters – “I’m So Excited”
  • March 17-18 – Simple Plan – “Welcome to My Life” – NEW
  • March 19-20 – Plain White T’s – “Hey There Delilah”
  • March 24-27 – Night Ranger – “Sister Christian“
  • April 7-10 – Blood, Sweat & Tears featuring Bo Bice – “Spinning Wheel”
  • April 14-17 – Gin Blossoms – “Hey Jealousy”
  • April 21-24 – The Orchestra starring former members of ELO – “Evil Woman”
  • April 28-29 – Exposé – “Point of No Return” – NEW
  • April 30-May 1 – Berlin featuring Terri Nunn – “Take My Breath Away” – NEW
  • May 5-8 – STARSHIP starring Mickey Thomas – “We Built This City”
  • May 12-15 – The Guess Who – “American Woman”
  • May 19-22 – Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone – “I’m Henry VIII, I Am”
  • May 26-29 – The Spinners – “Working My Way Back To You”

Thanks! We'd be so psyched to see lots of them, especially "Blood, Sweat, and Tears". DS has a friend who now plays with them and it would be fun, as well as I remember them (long before DS's friend was even born). That's one reason I'm tempted to go with F&G-I recognize the bands; F&W bands-I only know about 1/4th of them.

anyone know March 2nd is correct? Because as mentioned earlier the dates are on wdwent but that is not a Disney site. How do we know those dates are for real?

Last edited:
anyone know March 2nd is correct? Because as mentioned earlier the dates are on wdwent but that is not a Disney site. How do we know those dates are for real?
I'm wondering the same? I don't want to challenge anyone or offend.... but I think the dates listed above are from last spring. I arrived March 2, 2017 for the first day. I'm pretty sure they typically have the first day be a Thursday. And I can't confirm anything on the WDW site either. I'm just curious too because we are planning our March trip and would like to arrive the first day again. Thanks!

2017’s start date was March 1st.

Steve from wdwent gets his info directly from WDW.

2017’s start date was March 1st.

Steve from wdwent gets his info directly from WDW.
I guess I was there for the 2nd day! But just curious why they'd start 2018 on a Friday instead of Wed or Thursday as it past years?

Not sure but the dates are confirmed as TA’s have the info as per @Colleen27

This year, I have the same dates Hiro posted, which start on a Friday. It doesn't seem to be posted on the event page on the Disney site, but the TAs I know have the dates confirmed and that's good enough for me.

Dates for F+G have just been officially announced. The festival will begin on 28th Feb and run through 18th May 2018.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter