Flounder's--"Walking" Infant

sap1227

DIS Veteran
If I am not crazy (Which it a whole different debate :Pinkbounc ) I think I read somewhere that Flounders takes more walking children than non-walking children. If this is true, how do you define if your child is walking??? In the last 3 days my DS (13 months) has really taken off, but I am not sure if it would make him a "walker". He will take about 15 steps at a time, a couple of times an hour.

Thanks for any help, I am not sure why I am obsessing about this!! I just want to make sure DH and I have a nice dinner at Palo one night.

Christy:bounce: :bounce:

The parameters for a child being in flounders is based on not being potty trained rather than the walking issue. If a child is 3 and potty trained, they can go to Oceaneers Club. Othewise, they go to flounders.

Thanks for your help-I don't think I phrased my question quite right. I thought I had read that Flounder's took 4 non-walking infants and ___ walking infants/toddlers. I am trying to clarify if he will be counted as one of the 4 non-walkers.

Thanks again for the post!
Christy

hmmmmmmm, never heard that one.....do you remember where you read that?

Went on our first DC when my son was 2 and nephew 9 mos. They both got into Flounders the same amount of times. Be safe and sign up for Palos as soon as you get on the boat then go to Flounders and sign up for the nights you requested Palos. One of you can go to Palos with the nights/times in mind and the other can be in Flounders filling out paperwork.

A 13-month child taking independent steps is a "walking infant" to me. I am not sure what DCL's exact counselor to infant ratio is but 4 to 1 non-walking infants sounds about right. They are probably allowing a few extra walking infants to 1 counselor.

Good luck!
Peggy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter