Flounders and Canceling Onboard??

scottie

BWV's= Our Second Home
I decided to book a few hours in Flounders for DS for the second night of our sailing as a precaution in case he doesn’t feel up to the club for the first non- parent supervised night. We have Palo reservations that night and just wanted to have a backup plan.

So my question is, if he decided he wants to go to the club that evening instead of Flounders, am I able to call Flounders up close to our scheduled arrival time and cancel? Do they assess a charge for that close of a cancellation?
I know the official DCL info on the site states they may charge for cancellations less then 3 days in advance but wasn’t sure what the reality was?

Hi Scottie! I am subscribing as I also am curious. I remember reading somewhere that as long as you canceled 4 hours prior you would not be charged. Don't remember where I read this......

We will be sailing with an almost 3 year old next month so weren't sure if she would be accepted into the club or not until we get on board. We had originally made reservations at Flounder's as a back-up and asked the DCL agent on the phone about canceling if she can get into the club. The DCL rep said Flounder's reservations need to be canceled three days before sailing or our account would be charged.

The Flounders brochure states: "You may cancel your reservation by contacting the nursery 4 hours prior to your reserved time. A cancellation fee of 50% of your scheduled time will be charged to your stateroom account if you do not cancel 4 hours prior to your scheduled session."
Once we made reservations for 8:00 p.m. on the first night, but cancelled as soon as we got onboard and were not charged because we were in compliance with the "at least 4 hours in advance" rule.

Thanks, I didn't think what I was told sounded right so thanks for posting this!

The Flounders brochure states: "You may cancel your reservation by contacting the nursery 4 hours prior to your reserved time. A cancellation fee of 50% of your scheduled time will be charged to your stateroom account if you do not cancel 4 hours prior to your scheduled session."
Once we made reservations for 8:00 p.m. on the first night, but cancelled as soon as we got onboard and were not charged because we were in compliance with the "at least 4 hours in advance" rule.

Works for me! We will see how DS does during family time in the club the first night and if all looks right I guess I will let Flounders know early the next day we want to cancel:thumbsup2

Thanks, I didn't think what I was told sounded right so thanks for posting this!

I think the CM was confusing Flounders reservations with excursion reservations. Excursion reservations must be canceled 3 days prior to sailing to avoid being charged.

Works for me! We will see how DS does during family time in the club the first night and if all looks right I guess I will let Flounders know early the next day we want to cancel:thumbsup2

Please tell me more about family time in the club.

Please tell me more about family time in the club.

From the Eastern Navigator I was checking out, the club shows open for Family Exploration time from 8-midnight for 3-7 year olds the first night. Something makes me think the parents need to hang out with their kids in there the first night

Does anyone know if it's ok to stay with our child during other times besides family time? She will just be 3 so may not be up for staying on her own even after family time.

Yes, you may hang out at the club with your kids at any time.

Also, I read in the Passporter that the first night is "family night" at the Club and that the parents have to attend with kids on the first night (may be different for kids 8 yrs and older .. not sure) Also read that on the Wonder there is no family night and that kids can be left at the club on the first night. Hope this helps :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!