Floridians in California in November-Also, are there rides where we will get uncomfortably wet?

You will get soaked on splash mountain. It’s not even worth riding, in my opinion. Splash is my favorite ride at WDW, and I was beyond disappointed when we rode splash at DL for the first time this summer.

I've been riding on Splash at Disneyland for decades. Sometimes you barely get sprayed at all. I'very gotten soaked on Splash at WDW too. It's a water ride- you take your chances.

I've been riding on Splash at Disneyland for decades. Sometimes you barely get sprayed at all. I'very gotten soaked on Splash at WDW too. It's a water ride- you take your chances.

Just for clarification... getting soaked isn’t the reason I don’t care for the DL version of splash. It’s not as detailed as the WDW version. It’s much more simplified. The WDW version is totally worth getting soaked.

You will most likely think its cold in the evening since your from a warm climate. We last went in June and it got chilly at night. Down by the coast, we didn't have to use AC in the summer, so I would go prepared to get bundled in the evening in November. I know my family would not want to be getting wet on rides in November.

Walking around in wet pants after the sun goes down on a chilly night is no fun!! That being said, Splash is my favorite ride and I definitely plan to ride it when we’re there next weekend. I’m going to pack an extra pair of leggings in my backpack just in case.

We're from Florida...it's basically always shorts and flip flops weather here. Is it the same at Disneyland?

No it’s not the same.

Do you live in Miami? Because I’ve been to Orlando several times in late fall and into winter, and it’s been literally freezing. Definitely not always flip flop weather.

When the sun is down Anaheim is cold. So early mornings and the evenings I’ve always needed at least a sweatshirt. Even in July once the sun goes down.

Don't want soaked shoes as we will only have 1 pair with us,

Bring more shoes. Wound you suggest that someone going to WDW only have one pair of shoes? Of course not. Bring another pair.

I am sad not to ride Splash Mountain as I LOVE the theming and enjoy it at Disney World but I do NOT want to be wet and uncomfortable all day.

Bring extra clothes. Just in case. Even if you’re going carryon only, you can still bring some dry-fit style clothes and an extra pair of shoes and socks to change into for the wet rides, do them, then change to the normal clothes.

You won't be wet and uncomfortable all day. It is totally fun and you should do it. I lift my feet up if I don't want them wet. Just use a poncho if you are worried.

My now-ex was absolutely wet and uncomfortable all day when he wore cotton cargo shorts and cotton everything else on splash and got soaked to the bone. It was awful. That would have been an October since we were there at my birthday time.

I’ve gotten the entire backside of my legs drenched because that’s the under side when sitting on splash. Lifting feet up can make it worse because it exposes parts of your legs that might have been on the swat a bit more. And that’s with a poncho; ponchos don’t cover everything!

It’s why I advocate dry-fit clothing (and do not forget the undergarments that might be drenched if the water splashes enough). Easy and small to pack for the plane and an in-park backpack, and good just in case.

Just for clarification... getting soaked isn’t the reason I don’t care for the DL version of splash. It’s not as detailed as the WDW version. It’s much more simplified. The WDW version is totally worth getting soaked.
I agree that Splash in MK is far superior to DL’s version. But I still think DL’s is worth riding, even if you have to poncho up or take a hotel break to change clothes.

Bring more shoes.

This made me laugh.
A few years ago I was with a friend for a couple of days in downtown Vancouver. The ONE PAIR of shoes (flip-flops) that they had broke. It was then on me to try to find a pair of shoes in downtown Vancouver after 5pm. I found one place, a vintage consignment store, that was open until 6pm. Let's just say my friend was stuck with what they got.

I now ALWAYS travel with multiple pairs of shoes.

Agree with the suggestion to bring at least one more pair of shoes per person. Not necessarily just for riding water rides, but mainly in order to prevent foot pain and fatigue and blisters. DLR veterans around here strongly recommend bringing at least two pairs of comfortable, supportive shoes that you can alternate wearing (each day -- switch during afternoon breaks -- or every other day) to prevent pressure points from building up. Pack some inexpensive flip flops for the water rides. GRR has lockers by the ride where you can store your shoes and socks. For Splash, just wrap your shoes and socks in a plastic bag (free from the nearby shops) and put them in your backpack.

Yes, 100% do not wear the same shoes 2 days in a row! Your feet (and legs and back and everything else) will thank you for it.

Even if you are from Florida, how you react to cooler weather is dependent on your normal body thermostat. The day you posted this thread I was in a woodland festival, temps in the mid 40's with a 10 mph breeze, a fine mist coming down and it was very overcast. Looking around, there were people comfortable in jackets and others with coats, wool knit hats, scarves and gloves. Comfortable definitely varies by person!

I guess since you are not used to cooler weather, then think back to times when you are in the grocery store. Do you ever feel chilly? Supermarkets can sit between 55 and 60 degrees in the produce and frozen foods sections.

At the parks, you have to consider down-time for parades and outdoor shows like Fantasmic and WOC. The chill can really set in when one's butt is parked on concrete for over an hour. So 60 degrees walking around is warmer than 60 degrees sitting pretty still for a long time.

Oh, and Fantasmic can get misty near the rails. Ohhh, that is a chilly experience when temps are low!

... Oh, and Fantasmic can get misty near the rails. Ohhh, that is a chilly experience when temps are low!
Same with WOC. And, since we're on the subject, it's not a ride, but if you view WOC from the wet zone right up by the water, it is possible that you could get anywhere from misted-to-drenched, depending on the wind speed and direction the night you view the show. If you view from that section (which is a great view, by the way), you'll notice people wearing ponchos for good reason.

Last edited:
Like everyone is saying: layers. We’ve gone several times around tday and it can be highly variable but certainly cold to Floridians (conversely, Nov is my fav time to visit WDW). Bring hoodies, jackets, beanies, gloves, uggs. It’s SO wonderful to have layering options as it gets later into the night

We are also Floridians going the week before Thanksgiving. We went back in August 2015 and found even in summer it was chilly early and late. We were not prepared. Won't make that mistake this time. Jackets and long pants will be coming with us. :)

I have a suggestion for judging how wet you might get. Watch a number of people getting off the rides and see what the range of wetness is. Of course it tends to vary from one log or raft to another. But if you just observe people coming out for a few minutes you can see if you would tolerate it. And be aware that on Grizzly its VERY random based on how it rotates and when the water splashes over. Someone can be completely soaked and another one in the same raft may be dry.
I do like the idea of clothes that will dry out quickly rather than ones that tend to take hours to dry. If you get a little wet during the day and it dries quickly, that's no big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!