florida resident ticket for non florida resident?

hannymom

Mouseketeer
my cousin lives in florida and offered to get us tickets for our upcoming trip. he said as long as he buys them anyone can use them. sorry, but this does not sound right. can someone give me accurate information before he buys tickets i won't be able to use? thank you

I can only speak to this from an AP perspective. Once you buy the resident AP (we did it online), you take the barcoded order form to Guest Relations. They checked our ID's. If you have FL driver's licenses, that is good enough to prove residency- if you don't, there is a laundry list of other stuff they will accept to prove resident status on their website. Other than that- I cannot speak to other available resident admissions, but hopefully others will chime in. My guess is this will not work, as Disney isn't in business to lose money, and I would assume they have checks and balances in place to assure that this situation doesn't occur.

Last edited:
my cousin lives in florida and offered to get us tickets for our upcoming trip. he said as long as he buys them anyone can use them. sorry, but this does not sound right. can someone give me accurate information before he buys tickets i won't be able to use? thank you

You are correct. All FLR tickets require the bearer to present proof of residency before they can be used.

All adults would have to show ID to prove their residency. Your cousin can't just go and buy a bunch of adult Florida resident tickets. It doesn't work that way.

I live in Florida and have used the FL resident tickets. Adults have to show proof of being a Florida resident. Kids do not. Several years ago when my brother came to visit we were buying tickets at the gate and the CM said I could buy my niece her ticket with my driver's license for the kids FL resident rate. CM actually suggested it. My brother had to buy a non resident ticket. They will ask to verify all adults proof of residency. For my niece they took my DL info. I was at the gate with her. I don't know how this would work if your brother was not with you with his ID.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter