Florida Resident/Online Ticket Clarification Needed!

ZenMickey

Mouseketeer
I am a Preferred Pass holder, and a Florida resident. My brother (who actually gave me the pass as a Christmas gift last year, yeah!!) will be in town (lives in Calif.) this Sunday and we have planned a quick one-day, two-park highlight tour. I'm treating, so saving money is a plus- I'd like to take advantage of the Florida resident online-only ticket for $64.99, which is better than the 10% discount I get at the gate. Is this doable? I'm the Florida resident, I will be buying, but ticket is for my brother. Help- I want to do the right thing.

I am a Preferred Pass holder, and a Florida resident. My brother (who actually gave me the pass as a Christmas gift last year, yeah!!) will be in town (lives in Calif.) this Sunday and we have planned a quick one-day, two-park highlight tour. I'm treating, so saving money is a plus- I'd like to take advantage of the Florida resident online-only ticket for $64.99, which is better than the 10% discount I get at the gate. Is this doable? I'm the Florida resident, I will be buying, but ticket is for my brother. Help- I want to do the right thing.
I believe the FL resident tickets are only for FL residents but as a passholder, you can get him the 15% off for the two park ticket...which has to be purchased at the gate. The $64.99 ticket you're looking at is the two park ticket for FL residents. I can't remember if Universal will make you show a FL ID for the ticket but you can purchase up to six tickets for friends/family at the passholder rate. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I purchaced a 2 day unlimited ticket at the gate for my brother-in-laws friend age 15. It was 50% off with my AP preffered discount. They never asked if he was a FL resident. Call and ask to make sure though. I think his ticket retail was 109 and with the discount it was like 65.

It was 50% off with my AP preffered discount. Call and ask to make sure though. I think his ticket retail was 109 and with the discount it was like 65.
I don't know if the 50% discount special is going on right now. It was during the fall but not sure about now.

I don't know if the 50% discount special is going on right now. It was during the fall but not sure about now.

Right- I think it expired 12/20. The 15% off is a decent discount. I believe the two park one day ticket is normally $90 (plus tax).

I bought tickets before for relatives coming in town using the fl resident discount. I didn't even go with them to the park.

Thanks so much for the replies.

Too bad the 50% offer has expired.

The florida resident online deal is a little confusing because it states that the ticket is non-transferable, but you can get up to 4 at that rate. I am the one buying....

But with the info from nodoubtrock, I guess this isn't an issue.:confused3

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on the new coaster!!

Thanks again.

mostly we don't care who uses what ticket... if you have it, IT'S YOURS..

WELL... except for that whole non-transferrable part... which only applies to partially used tickets so you can't give it to another person to use the remaining days and for those who are reselling tickets illegally.

But, yes, feel free to buy the florida resident ticket for your relative.

WELL... except for that whole non-transferrable part... which only applies to partially used tickets so you can't give it to another person to use the remaining days and for those who are reselling tickets illegally.

That's good to know. :thumbsup2

Great information!
Thank you all, you've been a great help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter