Florida Resident + Military Question (Payment Plan)

DisneyMilspouse

Earning My Ears
Hey all! It's been so long since I asked a question that I forgot my old login info. :rotfl:

Anyway, I am a FL Resident (military) and hold a FL DL. However, my DL lists our current address outside of FL.

In the past, this didn't matter. We were able to purchase FL Resident passes using the monthly payment plan, as long as we did it in person (the online system rejects any billing zip codes outside of FL).

I've read conflicting reports that this is no longer possible and even in person, billing zip codes must be in FL (specifically when using the monthly payment plan option).

Can anyone confirm if this change is true? Thanks so much! :wizard:

According to the ticket sticky at the top of this forum, the billing address must have a FL zip code. Cheshire-Figment is very good about maintaining this sticky so it is accurate.

Hey all! It's been so long since I asked a question that I forgot my old login info. :rotfl:

Anyway, I am a FL Resident (military) and hold a FL DL. However, my DL lists our current address outside of FL.

In the past, this didn't matter. We were able to purchase FL Resident passes using the monthly payment plan, as long as we did it in person (the online system rejects any billing zip codes outside of FL).

I've read conflicting reports that this is no longer possible and even in person, billing zip codes must be in FL (specifically when using the monthly payment plan option).

Can anyone confirm if this change is true? Thanks so much! :wizard:

I was not able to do the monthly payment plan in January because I didn't have a credit card with a FL billing address. I am going to take care of that this year but they were super adamant that you could not do that. The pass that we were renewing was currently being paid for on a card with an IL billing address and they said that now they would be immediately rejecting them at the turnstyles. I don't doubt the CM but I will say that we used that pass all year at the turnstyles and never had a problem once. It would make sense that passes that were allowed to be paid for with a card with an out of state billing address would be "grandfathered" through until they expired.

Liz

I was not able to do the monthly payment plan in January because I didn't have a credit card with a FL billing address. I am going to take care of that this year but they were super adamant that you could not do that. The pass that we were renewing was currently being paid for on a card with an IL billing address and they said that now they would be immediately rejecting them at the turnstyles. I don't doubt the CM but I will say that we used that pass all year at the turnstyles and never had a problem once. It would make sense that passes that were allowed to be paid for with a card with an out of state billing address would be "grandfathered" through until they expired.

Liz

Thank you. This is what I was afraid of. Such a bummer because I am a legal FL resident, not trying to pull one over, but I'm shut out of the payment plan option. I guess I'll have to come up with a plan B for tickets. Thanks again!

Thank you. This is what I was afraid of. Such a bummer because I am a legal FL resident, not trying to pull one over, but I'm shut out of the payment plan option. I guess I'll have to come up with a plan B for tickets. Thanks again!

The whole time I was in the Military (20 yrs) I maintained my residency in my home state and thus had my permanant address as my address on my drivers license. If I was ever pulled over they usually asked if that was my current residence and I would give them my current address.

Now since you are a FL resident, do you have family there that you could use as your permanent address, or did you become a resident when stationed there and don't really have an address to use anymore?

I'm a little confused OP..you're a military spouse (from your user ID)
who is a FL resident with a FL drivers license but it has an out of state address ?
I was a police dispatcher in FL & NY and ran DLs for officers for many years, never heard of such a thing being possible :confused3

Also if physically live FL why not just change info with
cc company

I must be missing something........

I'm a little confused OP..you're a military spouse (from your user ID)
who is a FL resident with a FL drivers license but it has an out of state address ?
I was a police dispatcher in FL & NY and ran DLs for officers for many years, never heard of such a thing being possible :confused3

Also if physically live FL why not just change info with
cc company

I must be missing something........

It's actually a newer law that military members and spouses are not required to change their state of residency. It's all perfectly legal and acceptable in NY and FL. Our home of record and permanent state of residency are in FL.

It's actually a newer law that military members and spouses are not required to change their state of residency. It's all perfectly legal and acceptable in NY and FL. Our home of record and permanent state of residency are in FL.

oh my I hope you didn't think I was saying or even remotely suggesting
anything illegal
:scared1: I still don't understand it but lets just say, thank you for your
family's service & hope it all works out for you

Is your car still registered in FL, because maybe there's a loophole in that regard?

I don't actually know, it's just a suggestion.

We're military too, but we still have family who live in our home state, so we just use their address for everything. Granted, we went from Kansas to Missouri to Korea then back to Kansas (in a 4 year period) so there weren't really many opportunities for us to make too many changes.

Is your car still registered in FL, because maybe there's a loophole in that regard?

I don't actually know, it's just a suggestion.

We're military too, but we still have family who live in our home state, so we just use their address for everything. Granted, we went from Kansas to Missouri to Korea then back to Kansas (in a 4 year period) so there weren't really many opportunities for us to make too many changes.

There are no loopholes to the billing zip code needs to be FL...it is what it is. There are various ways to prove FL fulltime/partime residency in order to get the FL AP but paying for it with the payment plan requires a card with a FL zip code.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter