Floral Bouquet or something else for graduation?

darnheather

DIS Veteran
Our next cruise is in honor of my oldest graduating high school and will be the WBPC. She isn't big into chocolate so the one grad themed gift is already out. I'm thinking either the Not So Hidden Mickey floral bouquet but I don't know that it would last both weeks of the cruise or the Nautical Character stateroom experience which I worry would start to get in our way a few days in. I do think she'd like the towel though.

I would do the room decorations - you can move them to out of traffic areas of your stateroom and she can have the towel to take home. I am a few years away from this but plan to present the ears to my daughter in time for her casual senior pictures :) Whatever you decide, I am sure she will love it.

You could have your stateroom decorated via DCL for the cruise and/or you might decorate your door. A special cake while on board would be cool, too. Tell Guest Services and see if some pixie dust comes your way...never know! When/if I hit 80, I just want two Mickey Bars instead of one...happy camper.

I am planning a cruise for my twins high school graduation (not until 2020)...guess I need to look into the grad themed gift? My daughter is all about chocolate, I will have to come up with something different for my son who doesn't do chocolate though. Thanks for starting this thread! I am going to tag along as I hadn't even thought about doing something like this for them!

My kids sent me a beautiful floral arrangement for Mother's Day when we were on The Dream this year.
It was so pretty and in full bloom when I sadly had to leave it onboard 4 days later.
Its kinda weird that if it was put on the ship in Port Canaveral, I can't take it off in Port Canaveral.

I love the Mickey cap idea!

Which bits of the stateroom inside are magnetic? Maybe I could put up a graduation banner there. I could also buy a Disney towel and personalize it here at home before we leave. I'm not trying to be cheap just more directed to graduation.

Which bits of the stateroom inside are magnetic? Maybe I could put up a graduation banner there. I could also buy a Disney towel and personalize it here at home before we leave. I'm not trying to be cheap just more directed to graduation.

When we sailed The Fantasy for my 50th, the stateroom host put a large round magnetic Happy Birthday sign on the wall in front of the bed.
So maybe all the walls are?

I'm
i'm pretty sure all the cabin walls are made of steel

Very cool! So clippy magnets and banners it is at least inside. Will also do the outside door with something.

Our next cruise is in honor of my oldest graduating high school and will be the WBPC. She isn't big into chocolate so the one grad themed gift is already out. I'm thinking either the Not So Hidden Mickey floral bouquet but I don't know that it would last both weeks of the cruise or the Nautical Character stateroom experience which I worry would start to get in our way a few days in. I do think she'd like the towel though.

The flowers are good quality and they seem to be pretty "tough". When I ordered a bouquet, it looked just as good on debarkation morning than on the first day of the cruise. It was just a 4 nights but still... It makes me think they could last at least 7 days if not more.

The big fluffy robe is super nice, if she's into that. Definitely magnets inside and on the door announcing her achievement. The graduation ears from WDW store are a great idea.
Ooooh, have the serving staff sing at dinner.

I would do something that she keep, like a robe or jewelry. I'm not really a flower kind of girl though, they are nice, but if I'm going to spend a lot of money on something I like it last more than just a week. I'm sure what ever you give her she'll appreciate. Congrats on her upcoming graduation!

I would do something that she keep, like a robe or jewelry. I'm not really a flower kind of girl though, they are nice, but if I'm going to spend a lot of money on something I like it last more than just a week. I'm sure what ever you give her she'll appreciate. Congrats on her upcoming graduation!

She's not a jewelry or robe kind of person. Not really into flowers either to be honest. She's still a tomboy really. While our first cruise was in honor of her 15th birthday she mentioned the other day that she feels her sister gets all the attention when we are onboard. This is partly because her sister is 5 years younger and a princess girl. I felt badly though and promised to make sure this cruise would be as much about her as I could make it and that she could get individual photos with the princesses like her sister always does.

She's not a jewelry or robe kind of person. Not really into flowers either to be honest. She's still a tomboy really. While our first cruise was in honor of her 15th birthday she mentioned the other day that she feels her sister gets all the attention when we are onboard. This is partly because her sister is 5 years younger and a princess girl. I felt badly though and promised to make sure this cruise would be as much about her as I could make it and that she could get individual photos with the princesses like her sister always does.

How about letting her pick out an excursion that she really wants to do? Trying to think of something else that they sell on the ship that would make a cool gift. A Mickey and Minnie purse or if she has a cell phone a cute case for it? I know some people on here talk about getting a photo matte and having all the different characters sign it. You could do that and put a pic of her from the cruise in it. Only thing it wouldn't be a surprise, since she'd be with you at the meets.

Or how about a cute t-shirt or tote bag that has to do with graduation and a character? You can look at Etsy, there's a ton of people who sell Disney stuff.

On our last cruise we were gifted the flowers and state room decor from different people. I actually found the flowers got on the way more often than the decor and really thought about asking to have them removed. We were constantly moving them around the room and never really found a good spot. They were still in perfect shape at the 7 day mark when we got off the ship.

Is she 18 yet? If so, maybe a rain forest pass, a certificate for a mani/pedi, a card for Cove Cafe, or a meal in one of the specialty restaurants. If not, you could send her some on board credit to do some souvenir shopping.

I also like the idea of letting her pick a special excursion that you wouldn’t normally do. It could also be fun to deck out your door with graduation stuff. I’m sure the local party supply would have some garland or something fun. You could also do matching family shirts one day with Disney characters that have “ Mom of the graduate”, “sister of the graduate” and so on. None of that would be there when you arrive, but setup fairly quickly.

On our last cruise we were gifted the flowers and state room decor from different people. I actually found the flowers got on the way more often than the decor and really thought about asking to have them removed. We were constantly moving them around the room and never really found a good spot. They were still in perfect shape at the 7 day mark when we got off the ship.

Is she 18 yet? If so, maybe a rain forest pass, a certificate for a mani/pedi, a card for Cove Cafe, or a meal in one of the specialty restaurants. If not, you could send her some on board credit to do some souvenir shopping.

I also like the idea of letting her pick a special excursion that you wouldn’t normally do. It could also be fun to deck out your door with graduation stuff. I’m sure the local party supply would have some garland or something fun. You could also do matching family shirts one day with Disney characters that have “ Mom of the graduate”, “sister of the graduate” and so on. None of that would be there when you arrive, but setup fairly quickly.

I love the t-shirt idea! I'm sure I could find someone on Etsy as @lklgoodman suggested to do something Disney inspired. And yes, I'm totally going to deck out the door. I made our fish extender and have it so I can change out the characters for each of us. Her's will be a graduation cap this time. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!