Flood Disney with Emails to Bring Back Express Transportation Option?

Zbornak

♫ Thank you for being a friend...
DVC Silver
Hey Friends,

I was disappointed to hear that Disney has ended its Express Transportation option. Was planning to use it for an upcoming December trip, and I recommended it to my in-laws who are there right now.

For my family of 5, we didn't find much value in having Park Hoppers as it takes so long getting between the parks whether using our own or rented vehicle or Disney transportation. However, Park Hoppers seem like a great option if you could use Express Transportation. I think Disney would definitely see an increase in Park Hopper sales, especially for those of us familiar with the parks who know how we like to "do Disney." Plus if you're an AP, I see it as a beneficial add-on for at least some visits.

Think Disney is missing the opportunity to increase Park Hopper sales and I don't think the Minnie Vans are a comparable alternative. For guests, it's definitely a loss in my opinion. I think Express Transportation offered a lot of value for not a lot of money.

Anyway, I am emailing Disney with my thoughts for bringing back the Express Transportation option. Figured if they got a lot of similar messages, they might consider bringing it back.

Thoughts? Anyone with me?

I for one LOVED this option!! But if you look at it from a value perspective for the average family.... It's too much money. Most families (from what I've seen... just my opinion here folks!) .. if they hop, will typically only hop once in a day. And usually they will like to take that break at the resort between. So I don't think enough people took advantage of it. So from a business stand point, I don't think it proved beneficial for Disney.
I am still holding out hope that they come up with some similar alternative..... maybe not run the buses quite as often, but still schedule them at the busier times or most typical times to hop. I am with you though..... I can send an email showing my support too!

I for one LOVED this option!! But if you look at it from a value perspective for the average family.... It's too much money. Most families (from what I've seen... just my opinion here folks!) .. if they hop, will typically only hop once in a day. And usually they will like to take that break at the resort between. So I don't think enough people took advantage of it. So from a business stand point, I don't think it proved beneficial for Disney.
I am still holding out hope that they come up with some similar alternative..... maybe not run the buses quite as often, but still schedule them at the busier times or most typical times to hop. I am with you though..... I can send an email showing my support too!

I can definitely see how Disney get much value in the trial run of ET. But they also didn't do a lot to market it in my opinion. We all know that they have the power to get the message out there and make it known if they wanted to. I am wondering if they were concerned about excessive and unmanageable lines within the parks (sounds like a stupid thing to say considering they have those for rides).

I think I'm still bitter that I didn't get to experience the Food and Wine Festival Premium Package (LOL). That's what this feels like to me (issues!). The introduction of the Minnie Vans makes me feel like when a product manufacturer changes their product and calls it "new and improved." It's never new and improved for the consumer, just the manufacturer. I see the value of the Minnie Vans, but think there is value for guests as well with the ET option. Why can't we have both :)

Thanks for your support!

Think Disney is missing the opportunity to increase Park Hopper sales

I would bet they know exactly how many more sales of hoppers they got. And the fact that they chose to end this option tells me it wasn't what they wanted.

I've never found hopping takes huge amounts of time.

Lol. Yes, I'm certain you're right. They likely know within a few cents. Would love to be a fly on the wall when they make these decisions.

Thinking back to the first After Hours event, which I attended, it didn't seem to attract a lot guests that first year. But they offered it again in 2017, and it's scheduled for 2018. Seems like a similar scenario with the ET. Although, After Hours is limited to a few days for the entire year. Perhaps that is the difference.

I was hoping to use it during my last trip but it had ended a couple weeks prior.
Although I saw issues with it like every time it even sprinkled they wouldn't run the service because CM's could not be under cover at all times.
You pay a pretty penny and then the service does not run? What's the point?
So if they bring it back I think it would be a pay per ride situation so you're not wasting money.

When I used it in August I absolutely loved it but the busses were empty nearly every time. Hard to make a profit that way.

I have already sent my email to Disney regarding the end of Express Transportation. We used it this year (end of May to first part of June) and loved it. We always buy Park Hopper Passes and Express Transportation made it so much better. Only having to go through security once. Yes the busses were always empty or nearly empty but never had the service suspended for the weather. I had always thought that the service was to spur the interest for people to buy Park Hoppers. It was not very well marketed at all. If it were not for the DIS Boards I probably would not have known about it.

The reply I got from Disney basically said that they take all ideas and suggestions, but that the new "Minnie" vans and the gondola system will cover the transportation needs of their guests. So, I have already made my displeasure know to Disney. I don't know if will make any difference but I'm in. Cheers!!!!!!

I was hoping to use it during my last trip but it had ended a couple weeks prior.
Although I saw issues with it like every time it even sprinkled they wouldn't run the service because CM's could not be under cover at all times.
You pay a pretty penny and then the service does not run? What's the point?
So if they bring it back I think it would be a pay per ride situation so you're not wasting money.
Wow, surprised to hear that it didn't run when it rained.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter