Flights of passage..stupid safety question

Meridagal

Mouseketeer
I don't want to ask a stupid question, but after I watched lots of YouTube I still don't know if you actually get raised off the ground like Soarin? My daughter is only 6 and meets the height restrictions, but I'm worried if she's up in the air and manages to slip out of the saftey restraints. I have fast passes for all of us, and I know she would love the ride, but the mama in me is worried. I'm afraid of heights and I don't like the idea of being off the ground on a motorcycle. I would like for someone to tell me I'm an idiot and you are on the ground the entire time. Thank you in advance!

I don't want to ask a stupid question, but after I watched lots of YouTube I still don't know if you actually get raised off the ground like Soarin? My daughter is only 6 and meets the height restrictions, but I'm worried if she's up in the air and manages to slip out of the saftey restraints. I have fast passes for all of us, and I know she would love the ride, but the mama in me is worried. I'm afraid of heights and I don't like the idea of being off the ground on a motorcycle. I would like for someone to tell me I'm an idiot and you are on the ground the entire time. Thank you in advance!
The 8 ride vehicles sit on a platform and it’s the platform that moves.

The effects make you feel as if you are flying on the back of a Banshee, but, the “Banshee” is stuck to the platform/floor.

In addition to what was mentioned above, the restraints on this ride are quite a bit more substantial than the seat belts on Soarin'. I find it hard to imagine anyone slipping out of the restraints. I really don't think you have anything to worry about with this ride.

Yeah, you can see out into the void and if you croon your head a bit you can see the other rooms on multiple levels. It is rather high, but you are on "solid ground" the entire time. Plus you are pretty well locked into that thing. I wouldn't have any worries.

I agree with PP, you aren't an idiot for wanting her to be safe.
But do know, Disney wants her as safe as you do.
They wouldn't let her on at her height if it wasn't safe for her to be on it. Or any other ride.
If anything, their height requirements, and safety restraints, err on the side of caution, being too safe. They have to. Too much at risk if something were to happen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!