Flights from Boston or Providence

debster812

<font color=blue>DIS Earth Angel!<br><font color=0
We are trying to do WDW on a major Budget we have booked in to ASMu and I was wondering what the flights you all have seen have been running from either Logan or TF Green in Providence? We are about halfway between the two, so it would be a toss up.

It all depends on your travel dates. Flights out of Providence can definitely be cheaper during a Southwest Internet-only sale, but again, it depends on your exact dates.

TravelSheryl,

Thanks for the advice, Oops, I guess the dates would have been helpful

Sept 18 2001 leaving New England
Sept 23 2001 leaving WDW :(

I have been on Southwests site, and they have not posted any flights beyond August 4th. Does anyone know if this is normal for them, and when they might get September dates up?

Thanks again

Debster

We too are from East Bridgewater and are going down the end of September. Last year I believe the airfare wars started around June for that time of year. I would not spend more than 200 round trip. Hoping for 100-150.

Yes, it is normal for Southwest not to have posted September fares at this point, but I suspect they will within the next 3 weeks or so.

ebhurley's advice is good. I would recommend that you subscribe to Southwest's Internet-special email notification. That being said, it's possible that your return date (a Sunday) could be blocked from the lowest fare.

Of course you never know - but this might be good news for you. Last year we booked Labor Day week on Southwest out of Providence in mid-April. We got a great non-stop, RT fare of $159. In July, the fare dropped to $109 and they gave us $50 vouchers good for 1 year toward another flight (which we used 2 weeks ago).

The sale last year was in mid-April and good for flights from 9/1-10/1. Keep your fingers crossed that they will have a similar sale this year.

Jenn

Travelocity has this thing called farewatcher. You can set it up so that you can always check the lowest current fare to Orlando. This worked out well for me a couple months ago when I just went on travelocity for fun and found that RT airfare from Boston to Orlando was only $98! At that price I was a fool not to take a little trip to disney world.

I'm actually flying out of Bradley - same price as TF Greene...but the times were better for me. It would be a bit more of a drive for you, but Bradley is such a nice/easy little airport. Also, I know someone new is flying out of Worcester to Orlando...that's a really small airport LOL but you never know where you're going to get lucky.

Good luck :)¿

May 2001 Wilderness Lodge

Sneetch,
Good deal, can't pass up something like that!
I spent a few weeks back in late Jan/early Feb researching fares for our trip, end of May this year. SW never did wind up having a sale from PVD--wound up on Midway from BOS for $209.50 pp. As with all Midway flights, you have to stop in Raleigh-Durham NC, but I got the times I wanted, and they fly brand-new aircraft between Boston and Orlando, so I'm happy with that. They begin service to Providence in mid-April.

when booking our april vacation i checked the rates for both Logan and green. The rates on Delta were cheaper for the dates i wanted at Logan. This surprised me. so make sure you comparison shop. Good luck.

You should not have to pay more than $125+tx for that date...you have to be patient, though. One way is to access the SouthWest website after midnight on Tuesday mornings. They publish their internet fares then. For a destination like Orlando, the seats might be filled before 9AM. Also, I agree with an earlier post: Farewatcher on Travelocity. One note: be sure to check your flight status well before your flight. I bought a great R/T to Tampa ($85 direct from Boston) thru Travelocity. Got to the airport and was told my USAir flight had left 2 hrs before I thought it would...."hadn't anyone called weeks before to let me know?" Nope! Luckily they got me on a flight an hour later!

CoasterDann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!