Flights 1st-15th April 2022

Geoff Gostage

Earning My Ears
Hi all

I know post COVID things are priced differently but these are three quotes from the big Airlines I would want to use LHR-ORL

Virgin
E121B7C5-EB12-4376-902D-EDCBA1655C0D.jpegAAEBCB12-8195-41AC-9A57-7439FADD6616.jpeg
American5697AB75-912E-4D67-B9B3-6D40D5BC13B2.jpeg
BA

Huge rice difference. Flown with all and you’d be happy with any. Worth paying for an airport lounge imo too.

You could get it a lot cheaper if you have 1 stop in either directions for LHR - ORL. I've actually found it almost quicker than going direct before as I've queued over 2 hours once arriving at Orlando to get through Passport control. When you fly to USA, you go through Passport control at the first airport you arrive in rather than the destination airport. That means you spend less time at Orlando airport.

That's Easter holidays (15th is Good Friday) so prices are bound to be interesting.
BA and Virgin are probably banking on it - literally - to recoup some money.

The flights prices for next Easter hols look very much like they have been calculated in the following manner:
Normal flight price for this time of year+cost of last year’s cancelled flight price
This effectively renders any previously issued flight vouchers redundant if you cash them in on those routes.

If you take a look at the Miami route and you will see that the prices on that route have not changed as much compared to previous years.

I suspect that the flight operators know that they will be able to fill the party bus to Disney twice over as soon as the borders open and are price gouging those routes to make up for 2 summers of lost income. The more business orientated routes like Miami are less extreme in their pricing because demand will be lower.

Im looking early for flights at the start of the summer holidays 2022 and blimey, it's coming in at like £2.5K when i was expecting £1.7k

When is the best time to book flights only? When they first go on sale?

Im looking early for flights at the start of the summer holidays 2022 and blimey, it's coming in at like £2.5K when i was expecting £1.7k

When is the best time to book flights only? When they first go on sale?

If we wanted to travel in the summer school holiday I usually aim for the ba sale in September

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter