Flight of Passage..a short review.

luvthemouse71

Former Ride Chicken...
Rode FOP and I think they hit it out of the park with this one. I actually forgot it wasn’t real for a split second and patted my banshee after the ride,lol. The imagery is stunning and it’s cool how you can feel the banshee breathe. It’s similar to Soarin’ in that there are smells and other sensations.

I am 5’4 and in the 230s. I fit just fine in the ride and was glad I didn’t have to do a walk of shame. I have lost about 26 pounds and the thought of not having to worry about fitting in a ride anymore is additional motivation.

Regarding a fear of heights, I’m someone who gets nervous on a step ladder and I was fine. If you’re the type who gets motion sick, this could be pretty intense though.

FOP is by far the best ride in Orlando. In fact, I would say it is the best ride I've ridden (and I'm kind of a theme park freak, lol).

So yeah, no doubt you feel that way after riding it. It is a MUST for anyone visiting Orlando, and the only ride worth waiting long lines for. At least in my humble oppinion.

I agree 100%. We rode it 3x in one day and did little else in AK because DS5 loved it so much. He just wanted to ride over and over. It’s so incredible immersive.

Congrats on the weight loss, OP!

I haven’t rode it because I am super prone to motion sickness, but my family says it’s the best ride in Orlando by a long shot

Congrats on the weight loss, that’s awesome!

I loved FOP but my 8 yr old DD was in tears when it finished as she found it too intense. She liked Soarin and enjoyed flying over the world but said it was when the creature tried to grab her banshee that she got scared on FOP.

Definitely the best ride at Disney World though

Rode FOP and I think they hit it out of the park with this one. I actually forgot it wasn’t real for a split second and patted my banshee after the ride,lol. The imagery is stunning and it’s cool how you can feel the banshee breathe. It’s similar to Soarin’ in that there are smells and other sensations.

I am 5’4 and in the 230s. I fit just fine in the ride and was glad I didn’t have to do a walk of shame. I have lost about 26 pounds and the thought of not having to worry about fitting in a ride anymore is additional motivation.

Regarding a fear of heights, I’m someone who gets nervous on a step ladder and I was fine. If you’re the type who gets motion sick, this could be pretty intense though.

I'm probably the oddball because I have no desire to ride this ride. :rolleyes1 Reading about the struggle some of had being strapped into the ride correctly concerned me. I'm 5'8 and about 220 pounds, but I carry all my weight evenly thank goodness. I've got some long legs though and I've heard the struggles on that. Also after reading your post, I'm VERY prone to motion sickness so that wipes this ride out for me for sure. :sad2:

We were unable to get FP for FOP for our trip the week after Thanksgiving. I’m planning to wait in line to ride. I’ve heard it was amazing!

We were unable to get FP for FOP for our trip the week after Thanksgiving. I’m planning to wait in line to ride. I’ve heard it was amazing!

This is not me questioning your choice to wait in line, although I am curious. This is just me being myself and saying, I cannot understand why anyone would want to wait in line 1 or 2 hours for a ride that last, 10-15 minutes? I don't know the ride time, so someone will have to help me out. I guess for me...because I don't visit Disney often and know it will be awhile before I return, I choose not to stand in line beyond 30 maybe 45 minutes for any ride. I've read this ride is incredible, and I can most certainly appreciate that! But for me, if I can't get a FP+ for a ride such as this, it'll just have to wait till the next time I visit. Does that make sense?

This is not me questioning your choice to wait in line, although I am curious. This is just me being myself and saying, I cannot understand why anyone would want to wait in line 1 or 2 hours for a ride that last, 10-15 minutes? I don't know the ride time, so someone will have to help me out. I guess for me...because I don't visit Disney often and know it will be awhile before I return, I choose not to stand in line beyond 30 maybe 45 minutes for any ride. I've read this ride is incredible, and I can most certainly appreciate that! But for me, if I can't get a FP+ for a ride such as this, it'll just have to wait till the next time I visit. Does that make sense?
If you go at certain times, you can wait much less than 1 or 2 hours. Rope drop and right before closing are good times to do that. But also, this ride is very much worth the wait. I (almost) never wait more than 20 minutes for a ride, but I have waited an hour for this ride because I wanted to do it again immediately after riding it with a FP. It's that good of a ride. I've also gotten same-day FPs for this ride on two separate trips, so that's another option.

I cannot understand why anyone would want to wait in line 1 or 2 hours for a ride that last, 10-15 minutes?
Can you understand why many people spend $10,000+ on a 5 hour wedding?

The amount of time something takes is not always the most significant factor in its subjective importance.

There isn't going to be a next time for many guests. Or even if there is, that next time might be years away. Many people traveled far & spent thousands for the trip, so they want the complete experience and to get on every major ride.

Last edited:
So as I said I've waited 2.5 hours my first time with a friend, she was complaining all the time that we were "wasting" our time there waiting for a probably short ride. But I wanted to ride it, my whole AK day was for Pandora, so I would not miss it.

Afterwards, we made 1.5 hours immediately after to ride it again, because SHE wanted to ride it again. We were so excited this time the line felt so much shorter (even though it was still more than an hour long!) If only all rides gave that feeling of "so worth the wait"... heheh

Can you understand why many people spend $10,000+ on a 5 hour wedding?

The amount of time something takes is not always the most significant factor in its subjective importance.

There isn't going to be a next time for many guests. Or even if there is, that next time might be years away. Many people traveled far & spent thousands for the trip, so they want the complete experience and to get on every major ride.

I understand your point perfectly. Thanks for replying.

If you go at certain times, you can wait much less than 1 or 2 hours. Rope drop and right before closing are good times to do that. But also, this ride is very much worth the wait. I (almost) never wait more than 20 minutes for a ride, but I have waited an hour for this ride because I wanted to do it again immediately after riding it with a FP. It's that good of a ride. I've also gotten same-day FPs for this ride on two separate trips, so that's another option.

Maybe one day I'll have to give it a try, FP or not. I'm just worried about my motion sickness hearing this can be a little overwhelming for those of us that have it.

I understand your point perfectly. Thanks for replying.

Maybe one day I'll have to give it a try, FP or not. I'm just worried about my motion sickness hearing this can be a little overwhelming for those of us that have it.
I think it depends on how bad your motion sickness is. I've heard lots of people that have it that have zero issues on FoP. I'd say I have mild motion sickness on rides (it's horrible in a car), I can do Star Tours but get a little queasy and can't do it two times in one day. I didn't feel even an ounce of motion sickness on FoP. It's so smooth and the movement flows with the screen so well, which makes such a difference.

I think it depends on how bad your motion sickness is. I've heard lots of people that have it that have zero issues on FoP. I'd say I have mild motion sickness on rides (it's horrible in a car), I can do Star Tours but get a little queasy and can't do it two times in one day. I didn't feel even an ounce of motion sickness on FoP. It's so smooth and the movement flows with the screen so well, which makes such a difference.
I had Moderate motion sickness in a car when I was young. I have had NO problems on them park rides and nothing in a car for many years.
I was so sick on FOP. It was shocking. From the first dive I simply prayed I would not vomit everywhere. I hated it and will never go again.

I had Moderate motion sickness in a car when I was young. I have had NO problems on them park rides and nothing in a car for many years.
I was so sick on FOP. It was shocking. From the first dive I simply prayed I would not vomit everywhere. I hated it and will never go again.

THIS is what I'm afraid of! :scared1:

I never know when mine is going to hit! It got me one time on the Ferry going over to the MK from TTC :confused3 Got me another time on the Riverboat as we were docked and hadn't even moved yet. Hubby had to tell me to stop looking at the water and focus on one of the Disney structures off the water or focus on the people inside the boat. It was a combination of the moving water, the boat rocking, and my mind saying we're moving and we really were't. :sad2:

We got to AK slightly after rope drop during the Columbus Day holiday week. The line for FOP went all the way the Lion King. The wait was about 50 minutes but it moved quickly. The ride was amazing. I am motion sick and took Bonine prior. It was visually stunning and realistic. I had my eyes open and closed but didn’t get sick. I am 5 ft 7 in and 260 lbs. I also had a mid calf walking boot on. No problem fitting the ride. My DH DS and friend agreed it was the best ride but also were not willing to ride again with out a fast pass. We waited 70 min for Navi River Journey next day got a fast pass. Worth it with the FP wouldn’t wait 70 minutes.

I swear, it must have been broken or missing some effects when we rode it last year. I just didn't see what was so great about it.:confused3
Haha I don’t get it either. I like it but I don’t think it is the best ride at wdw. I think the biggest issue for me is how the glasses don’t fit well and I can see the screen out the edges of the glasses therefore ruining the feeling of being part of the scene. If they fixed that, along with me trying to keep them from falling off my face, i’d Probably have a diff opinion of it.

Yea, I can't figure out what triggers mine. I'm 100% fine on all coasters, the bigger/faster the better. But some of the 3D/motion sim rides can get to me, but it's usually not too bad. Just don't ask me to sit in the back seat of a car to even go 1 block down the road haha.
Interesting that FOP made yours that bad though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!