Flame Tree Tavern

starhitter21

Earning My Ears
How is the food and atmosphere at Flame Tree Tavern? Also, how are the prices here? Best times to visit? We are going to have 9 people...

Do you mean Flame Tree Barbeque at AK which is a CS or Liberty Tree Tavern which is a TS at MK?

I'm sorry, I meant Flame Tree Barbeque at AK. I was thinking something was fishy when I was typing that out... :rolleyes1. How is it though?

Flame Tree BBQ is one of my favorite Counter Service locations! The BBQ is very good, the portions are large and the seating area is lovely and relaxing.
Here's a link to their menu.
The seating is all outdoors with some covered areas, it is terraced with steps and ramps leading down to a lake. You can get a stroller/ECV/wheelchair down close to the lake.
I have always been on the Dining Plan when eating there so I order the half slab of ribs. It is generous enough to share!

Flame Tree BBQ is one of my favorite CS restaurants too. I make it a point to eat there everytime I got to AK.

I like Flame Tree so much I ate there twice on my trip in December. It's one of the best CS locations on property.

Love Flame Tree......and it is also one of the only counter service places that take Tables in Wonderland.

We love Flametree and have lunch there every trip. We also love the seating area, even though it's not air conditioned the views are great!!! :goodvibes

We love Flame Tree:lovestruc. Even if you think you might skip it...try walking by there when you are hungry. :rolleyes1 The smell is fantastic as is the food. We love the ribs. I love the baked beans. We do miss the corn bread muffins they used to serve with the meals (none of us love cole slaw). The location is wonderful (especially at night)..but know that it is all outdoor seating so if you go for lunch on a really hot day it can be uncomfortable.

We love Flame Tree... we also miss the corn muffins... a word to the wise... dont feed the birds... if you start you might as well just surrender and leave the area... you wont win.

We love Flame Tree... we also miss the corn muffins... a word to the wise... dont feed the birds... if you start you might as well just surrender and leave the area... you wont win.

Very good point...the birds are brutal! I know AK is an animal friendly park...but we had to literally fight a few of them for our lunch:eek:...not to mention the pleasant surprises they all leave behind in the dining area. :rolleyes1

Decided to eat there over spring break based on reviews here. The seating area was great, but the food was very bland. I had the ribs, the wife the pulled pork and the kids the hot dogs. The best tasting food was the hot dogs:scared1: We had the QSDP and liked what we got at Yak and Yeti CS(Honey Chicken and Sweet and Sour Pork) and Pizzafari(Hot Italian sandwich) much better!

Ate at the Flame Tree Barbeque on Tues. and loved it. First time there and the portions were good size. I hate it when a restaurant gives you too much. Beans and slaw were good the ribs very good.

Flame Tree gets my vote too, one of the best CS at Disney..Yummy!

We enjoy the food there, probably our favorite CS at AK. However the last two times we've gone, the birds have just been ridiculous.

We enjoy the food there, probably our favorite CS at AK. However the last two times we've gone, the birds have just been ridiculous.

Very good point...the birds are brutal! I know AK is an animal friendly park...but we had to literally fight a few of them for our lunch:eek:...not to mention the pleasant surprises they all leave behind in the dining area. :rolleyes1

This is the only reason, I won't go back. The food we ordered was very good, but the birds were horrible. Not so much the ducks as the other birds. Plus the fact that I am scared to death of birds.. Some were just downright aggressive. Ugh! It wasn't an enjoyable meal for us. But like I said, the food was good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter