the Art Of Animation Resort We spent 12 days there and we sit and
people watch and talk to many. The Big gripe about the Little Mermaid
section is the 3/4 mile walk to the food court. If you are not bringing
car it probably wont work for you 3/4 mile to fill your drink cup. Many
people we talked to and I mean many said they will not return to this
section of the resort. So I am telling you, you have a car you might
be fine.

We spent 12 days there and LOVED it!

Our only complaint was the smoking section right outside the food court - ick.

The walk really isn't bad (and we were in the 'dreaded' Building 8 - furthest away). We had a car but we never drove it to the food court - geez what a waste of time - walk out to the car, drive over there, find a parking place, walk in - it would be faster just to walk from the room.

However as far as I'm concerned spread the word far and wide about how "terrible" it is and maybe they'll start offering AoA LM discounts again!

We spent 12 days there and LOVED it!

Our only complaint was the smoking section right outside the food court - ick.

The walk really isn't bad (and we were in the 'dreaded' Building 8 - furthest away). We had a car but we never drove it to the food court - geez what a waste of time - walk out to the car, drive over there, find a parking place, walk in - it would be faster just to walk from the room.

However as far as I'm concerned spread the word far and wide about how "terrible" it is and maybe they'll start offering AoA LM discounts again!

Totally agree! I'd love to get in there but it's more expensive than my mod with a discount!

OP - I feel like the 3/4 mile walk is a bit of an exaggeration. I haven't seen that as a complaint much (if at all) on these boards.

I'm not sure exactly how far it is, but is pretty far. I cancelled a reservation for a Little Mermaid room after a brief visit to POP where I found that it is closer to walk from the furthest room at POP to the AoA food court than it is to walk from the closest LM room to the AoA food court.

Yes, the Big Blue Pool is really awesome, but if you're booking a standard room there doesn't seem to be much point paying extra to stay in a LM room when you can stay at POP and enjoy the food court and the scenery of AoA anyway.

People walk in the parks all day. The moderate resorts would consider LM buildings to be within the "Preferred" category as far as proximity to the food court.

Put on your walking shoes, stop grumbling, and ENJOY that beautiful NEW resort.

I think Value people are spoiled with the size of the resorts. If it's not outside your door, then it is too far.

Get happy. Enjoy the resort - wherever the buildings are! You are at Disney in a brand new beautiful resort! :goodvibes

OP - I feel like the 3/4 mile walk is a bit of an exaggeration. I haven't seen that as a complaint much (if at all) on these boards.

Have never been to AOA, but Google Earth shows the furthest building to the pool area is 0.19 miles (roughly the same as walking from the MK Castle to the MK entrance). Actually end to end of the entire resort it shows 0.45 with the main pool in the middle.

After 20+ trips to Disneyworld I have never heard so many grumblings
about a Resort more then I have about the Little Mermaid Serction of
be fine.

I have to agree with you that FOR ME it is not worth the distance to stay in the LM section of AoA. I think the distance of 3/4 mi is a bit of an exaggeration but it is definitely a hike and definitely not worth it IMHO. It was a lovely place to visit to look around but as far as paying top $$ to stay there and then have to deal with that hike... Thanks, but NO thanks! :lmao: I'll stick with POP and my nice sizable little discount, my convenient location close to a better food court (IMO) and bus stop and just cross over GG bridge to visit if the desire so strikes me. ;)
We really don't use the pools at WDW. I'm not a big fan of public pools and I don't like getting splashed so I find it's best that I just stay out of them and use my own pool at home. ;)

People walk in the parks all day. The moderate resorts would consider LM buildings to be within the "Preferred" category as far as proximity to the food court.

Put on your walking shoes, stop grumbling, and ENJOY that beautiful NEW resort.

I think Value people are spoiled with the size of the resorts. If it's not outside your door, then it is too far.

Get happy. Enjoy the resort - wherever the buildings are! You are at Disney in a brand new beautiful resort! :goodvibes

Well to each his/her own opinion and that's why I have no interest in a moderate other than maybe POFQ. The size is just TOO BIG! :scared1:
Some people feel like they walk enough in the parks they don't want to walk more at their resorts. It doesn't make one person right and another wrong...Just different strokes. I for one, don't care to walk much at my resort. ;) When I go to refill my mug I don't want it to be empty before I get back to my room! :rotfl2:

I am not grumbling we love the decor I was just making a statement that
A large number of people we talked to did not care for the long walk
and it was an issue to them and they would not go back to the Little
Mermaid Section As for us we will return to POP century next time or
possibly stay in one of the suites

Have never been to AOA, but Google Earth shows the furthest building to the pool area is 0.19 miles (roughly the same as walking from the MK Castle to the MK entrance). Actually end to end of the entire resort it shows 0.45 with the main pool in the middle.

That doesn't look like 3/4 a mile to me.... and I'm no mathematician. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

I am not grumbling we love the decor I was just making a statement that
A large number of people we talked to did not care for the long walk
and it was an issue to them and they would not go back to the Little
Mermaid Section As for us we will return to POP century next time or
possibly stay in one of the suites

Actually I need to correct my error, I looked closer and I think the area you r talking about at AOA is 0.29 from the main pool-so not 0.19 as in the other section, sorry.

The furthest room at POP to the main pool is 0.24 miles though so not a lot different really.

That doesn't look like 3/4 a mile to me.... and I'm no mathematician. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Yea it's not near 0.75 miles, actually the POP food court to the furthest LM room at AOA (over the bridge) is only 1/2 mile 0.50.

Actually, if you walked from the furthest AOA LM room on a path down over the bridge, and continued all the way down to the furthest (opposite end) of POP's rooms-its 0.72 miles.

Holiday Inn? At DTD? Still beats the blizzard here though. :wave2:

What do some people have against walking? I know it's tough when you're with small ones, or if you or a family member are ill/injured, but if you are healthy, a 3/4 of a mile walk won't kill you.

Always amuses me when I hear people complain about walking. I swear, some would be perfectly happy cruising around in those scooters from Wall-E.:lmao:

Yea it's not near 0.75 miles, actually the POP food court to the furthest LM room at AOA (over the bridge) is only 1/2 mile 0.50.

Actually, if you walked from the furthest AOA LM room on a path down over the bridge, and continued all the way down to the furthest (opposite end) of POP's rooms-its 0.72 miles.

Holiday Inn? At DTD? Still beats the blizzard here though. :wave2:

Ha! I wish! ... but I'm not envious of your blizzard! You keep that snow in MN - you hear me?!

What do some people have against walking? I know it's tough when you're with small ones, or if you or a family member are ill/injured, but if you are healthy, a 3/4 of a mile walk won't kill you.

Always amuses me when I hear people complain about walking. I swear, some would be perfectly happy cruising around in those scooters from Wall-E.:lmao:

Mr. aaarcher86 gets a bonus at the end of the year depending upon how far he's walked over the course of the year... Disney will be upping that bonus by a ton! :cool1: I like when I see people at the gym circling for the closest spot!

Ha! I wish! ... but I'm not envious of your blizzard! You keep that snow in MN - you hear me?!

Yea yea. Wish I had a 3/4 mile walk at WDW right now. :cloud9:

We went from enjoying the view outside friday:

BoatHouse-10-1061.jpg

To enjoying from inside....burrr.

Boathouse11-10012.jpg

After 20+ trips to Disneyworld I have never heard so many grumblings
about a Resort more then I have about the Little Mermaid Serction of
be fine.

DH and I drove by the resort and we completely agree with you. No LM for us. Sure we walk alot in the parks, but after a long day a huge hike to our room isn't our idea of a fun place to stay.

For me it might not be a deal breaker but if I was on the dining plan with the refillables it wouldn't be ideal. Since it's usually just me and my girls there is no one to just run and get stuff so they always have to come with me, be it dragging in luggage or wanting to grab something quick.

If it was just me traveling or just adults or older kids it wouldn't matter to me that much.

The way I see what will take place is a lot of families will stay in the Little Mermaid section once and not come back, they may stay in the suites
And I base this on talking with an awful lot of people who were staying
while we were there. I do not see many elderly coming back to the LM
section also based on talking with many .

Disney can cure this very easily they need at least a drink station and a small quick snack stop in that area but I doubt if we will see that.

We did not find the walk to be bad at all....However do not plan to return to AoA LM as long as there are no discounts....Jus DH and I so no suites...Would rather save a little on room discount as we are not at the resort much anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter