Fla "resident" discount--All opinions welcome

3DisneyKids said:
Good questions. I know that you can get a FLorida State ID at eny Florida DMV (same place you go to get a Driver's License)...though the ID is NOT a license. You must have a FL address to put on the ID...

So, the question is, what do you bring in to "prove" that is your address?

We got ours last year with no problem. We took our tax bill and a few utility bills to prove our address, and they only asked us what our address was...they did not ask to see any proof. However, to be safe, I would take along a few pieces of proof.

A Mickeyfan said:
Forgot to ask you, why are you yelling...isn't that what all caps mean? You asked a question and DMRick answered it for you....

I don't see where she was yelling at all. putting HAVE in all caps was simply meant to be an inflection in her voice, had she been talking to you.
Regarding this thread, what ARE (note the inflection ;) )the FL resident discounts that you get as a resident? I get a really good deal on my annual pass thru DVC, are there other discounts I will get when i move there? someday...

Hi Donna--

Oh yeah, there are great deals for FL residents. Can't really name them all b/c them come out at different times throughout the year, like AP discounts. There are definitely good (sometimes great) room rates, though you may not care about that since you are DVC. But there are also huge savings on passes and tickets. Allearsnet has the best page...go to ticketcharts on that site and you will see all of the prices.

The best pass appears to be the FL resident seasonal pass. This works like an AP in that it is good for the year, however there are blackout dates (summer months and Christmas week) that you cannot go. Also, you do not get free parking at the parks with the FL Seasonal Pass like you do with an AP. But, the Seasonal Pass only costs about $210! Even the DVC AP can't touch that price.

HI..we also have Fl ID's and sold the property we owned. But ID's are good for 6 years...

Best deals...
Florida Seasonal Resident Pass at Disney
Disney Dining...20% at all disney restaurants including booze
Local Florida Resident Golf Discounts...Disney has incredible golf deals in the summer for residents.

Also, remember, many folks rent in florida, and all you need is the address where you stay to get the id.

Long lines to get IDs so plan the day and get there early at the driver's lisence office.

Good Luck...Granpa Ted

Our DVC APs cost $295 with no blackout days, so that seems to come out about the same, we tend to go in the summer lately so both kids can go. And we have DDE with our APs and that price is lower. I used to think there were such good benefits but depending on what you already have, i guess the benefits ARE good. My husband would like the golf bennies the best; we have those in DVC and with APs too but time restrictions apply. I used to think having the DDE benefit would be the best one of all, i'm glad we're able to get that one now.

3DisneyKids said:
I'm not yelling. Caps (when used in just one word) just means emphasis on that particular word. When everything you type is in all caps, then you are yelling.

Example...I love Disney SO much! :)
Sorry I thought the B I or the U were for the emphasis on that one word... at least that is how it use to be on this board... maybe it has changed.
And yes, you will have to provide a valid Florida address. I know I came here 14 years ago. I was told to start up a checking account so they can send something to me (like a statement) with the new address on it. I ended up not having to do that. I have & had AllState for my car insurance. I changed my address with them & when I got here, I went to the tax office (anything with cars in NY was always only DMV & wasn't use to that) to get my car re-registered. I took my reggie, insurance ID card to the DMV, showed that, surrended my NY license & got my Fl one. I want to say you have to have some sort of legal mail sent in your name with the FL address. You cannot just go there & say you live at such & such ..here is my out of state DL. And as I said before, I know that the tax bills have the mailing address seperate from the property address. Unless it is mailed to you at that address, you cannot use that. When my kids got their permits, I had to show their school ID & original birth cert plus their original ss card (no copies were accepted). Then I had to show who I was because they were under 18.

Kacey said:
We got ours last year with no problem. We took our tax bill and a few utility bills to prove our address, and they only asked us what our address was...they did not ask to see any proof. However, to be safe, I would take along a few pieces of proof.
They didn't ask to see anything? :confused3 Are your bills mailed to you at that address. If so, I would think that they can cross reference the tax bill in their system (name & address you give them would be listed as the same on the tax bill) and that is why they didn't ask?? They didn't even ask to see a photo ID, meaning meaning anyone can go into the office & say I want a FL ID card.... and the person behind the counter makes one, no questions asked. That is one easy way to steal someones identity..never mind thru the computer.. that is scarry :scared1: ... figures.. it is FL (I can say that, I live here :rotfl: ) and they haven't caught up with the times.... :rolleyes:

Actually, you need absolutely nothing other than an address to put on your ID card. One website I saw mentioned having ANY postmarked letter to your name (didn't have to be a bill) as proof. I mean, if you moved down there and were staying at a friend's or family member's house while you looked for a job you would technically still need a FL ID or DL within 30 days so I guess that is why they aren't rigid about it????

Dawn

A Mickeyfan said:
When did they start a CM discount of FL Resident Pass's? That must be farily new... never heard of that one....The regular price for a Season for anyone is like $212????

I think that the regular price is somewhere around $220. My CM friend got us the voucher for $202.

I had to get a Fl. id many moons ago before I was driving. I had to have a birth certificate, s.s. card, and proof of residence. I can't imagine, after 9/11, that the rules would be less than they were 15 years ago?! :earseek:

Well, they are rigid about needing to show proof of citizenship to the US but not residency in FL. You have to show a birth certificate or SS card or Passport, but beyond that they weren't rigid at all.

Dawn

spoon full of sugar said:
I had to get a Fl. id many moons ago before I was driving. I had to have a birth certificate, s.s. card, and proof of residence. I can't imagine, after 9/11, that the rules would be less than they were 15 years ago?! :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter