FL Tours review (4/30 - 5/4)

sk!mom

DIS Veteran
We used FL Tours two weeks ago. Our experience with them was positive. They were prompt, friendly, and the car was clean. They, also, took a credit card payment over the phone when I made my reservation.

The only negatives were that the pick up driver was extremely impatient during the time we waited for our luggage on arrival. Kept saying things like, "this is costing me money", "AA is the worst about luggage unloading" etc... He ranted about the inefficiencies of MCO for about the first 10 minutes of the drive. His impatience made me nervous. DH finally told him- "look you pick up here multiple times a day so I would think that you would be aware of the time involved." and then DH managed to change the subject. The rest of the drive was friendly and nice.

The other negative was that neither driver had a receipt to give me or seemed aware of the 20% tip that I added on when I made the reservation. With Happy Limo last year the driver had a receipt for me to sign and both drivers knew that the tip was added.

I would use FL tours again but I will decline when the reservation agent offers me the option of adding a tip to my credit card. I will tip the drivers in cash instead.

Thanks for the report. We are in the process of choosing a Limo Company. We usually drive to WDW or rent a car at mco, however, this time we are going to use a Limo for a transfer. You and your DH were much nicer than I would have been! :rotfl:

I'm confused. According to their web-site FL TOURS does not take credit cards. I have them booked for Wednesday and am sure about this. Did you get them thru your TA? :confused:

sk!mom said:
I made my reservation by phone and they took my credit card information then.

This must be new because in the FAQ for FL Tours they state they do not accept credit cards. We haven't used their service since November 2004 so things must have changed. Annmarie

BCVOwner2002 said:
This must be new because in the FAQ for FL Tours they state they do not accept credit cards. We haven't used their service since November 2004 so things must have changed. Annmarie
My guess is that with DME, FL Tours will want to do whatever they can to keep thier business strong. Having CC reservations is a big guest satisfier, because it's quick, easy, electronic, and in the unlikely case something bad happens, they have protection.

BCVOwner2002 said:
My guess is that with DME, FL Tours will want to do whatever they can to keep thier business strong. Having CC reservations is a big guest satisfier, because it's quick, easy, electronic, and in the unlikely case something bad happens, they have protection.

BCVOwner2002 said:

Chip 'n Dale Express said:

That's a good point! Especially if DME works out the kinks in their new program. Annmarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter