FL Tours--Extra $9 Fee to MK Resorts

KLRI

Earning My Ears
We are looking into hiring a towncar from MCO to WL (round trip). When checking the websitesfor FL Tours, I saw a note that a $9 gate fee will be added to the round trip cost of transportation (apparently charged by Disney and only to the MK resorts). I take it that this fee, then, is in addition to the round trip cost. I checked the Tiffany Town Car site, but did not see a similar notice that the $9 gate fee will be charged. Can anyone shed any light on this? Does Tiffany simply not pass this on to their customers or do they "spring" it on them when they are at the resort and are collecting the fee. Or is FL Tours merely being up-front about a cost that applies to all towncars/taxis/shuttles for stops at MK Resorts? Thank you.

This charge is applied to all taxis and towncars entering the MK Resort Area that are not operated by Mears. (Mears operates with a Disney contract) This includes FL Tours, Tiffany, Yourride, Happy Limo, and all those other companies. It is charged by Disney to the towncar driver when they come pick you up... when you are being dropped off, your resort confirmation allows them to go through free.

Some companies make you aware of this charge by separating it, others build it into thier cost. I doubt any company would spring it on you, and make you pay a surprise fee.

Personally, I think it's a ridiculous charge (by Disney). Basically, Disney is charging the towncar companies a parking fee, when all they are doing is picking you up. I don't blame the towncar operators for having to pass this charge onto the consumer, but I do wish Disney would work with the companies to help avoid this charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter