FL residence, how often do you visit WDW?

*Fantasia*

<font color=royalblue>Nothing beats a nice clean-c
To all FL residence...Especially for those who live around the corner (within an hour drive) how often do you visit Disney? Do you just do a day park? Do you go to Epcot and have lunch/dinner there? Did you ever do a take out and then just leave the park? Do you go there to DTD to shop for your everyday needs? Do you book a room for a weekend to swim at their pool and take advantage of EMH? Do you go twice a month? Every weekend? On your days off? During the Holidays? Everyday?

I know I would probably there every weekend and do one or two parks. Then once a month, I would want to stay at a resort, just a quick getaway from the norm.

I am just curious as to what the locals do when they are so close to the Mouse? For those who visit very frequent (every week or every month), are you guys excited everytime you visit WDW and just as much as we are who comes once or twice a year because we live far and we are always anxious as soon as we land at MCO or after a 21 hour drive?

We live 225 miles away, in Miami. We get up to central Florida about a dozen times a year. On average, 9 of those trips are to WDW and 3 are to Universal.

I do a park or two a week; usually I'll go to Epcot or the MK for about half a day when I do go. Remember, when you live near there, you aren't on vacation, so you still have a lot of things to do that get in the way of being able to go to the parks all the time (like work, or things like grocery shopping, cleaning, erronds). Also, I try not to over-do the amount of times I go there because you will find yourself getting tired of it quickly. Honestly, I enjoyed the times when I used to visit it (when I lived 1000 miles away) more than I do now that I live here..I think it was just more special and I appreciated it much more. Now, I guess, because I know I live so close, it just isn't quite as special (don't get me wrong, it's still nice..and I enjoy it, but it just doesn't hold the same value when you live so close).

We live in the Ft Lauderdale area. When ex and I first got married we'd go up for the day often. But now with tolls and the price of gas I like to at least get 2 days out of a trip. We go up about 6 times a year. In 12 days will be the 5 th trip to Disney this year plus we went to USO(in july) for the first time. If I didn't work weekends we'd probably go at least once a month but now we have to wait for DD12 and I to have the same days off.

I live in Tampa (well, currently Kuwait...but you know what I mean) and we go about once a month. It takes about an hour and we normall stay over at least one night during that weekend. Sometimes we go for longer when we have more days off in a row or we take leave.

For me it's just as exciting as it's always been (baring the very first time I ever went!) and I've gone countless times. Up until a few years ago we didn't live in Florida so it was once a year. I'm So happy to go whenever I want and am always SO giddy when I know I'm going. People ask if you get tired of it...but personally...I don't. My mom still loves going too and gets just as excited so... :teeth:

I don't ever just go for lunch or anything like that. I wouldn't be able to drag myself out that quickly!! As far as DTD...they don't really sell day to day things, that I've noticed...so I don't think anyone does that. :teeth: But I do try to stop there for the passholder discount at the World of Disney store when I go, if there's something I want.

We go several times a year and most of the trips are only for a day or part of a day. We always have a great time and we usually discover something new each trip. There are times when we will just go over for meals and wander though a park without getting on any rides.

We usually go to a park or water park at least once a week. If going to a water park, we usually get there at opening, and leave around 3:15 to get home to meet DD's bus... during the summer, we stay all day. If at a park, we pick one park for the day.... usually we only do parks when the weather is cooler and the crowds are less. We only do MK when we have guests with us, or if we are staying at a resort. We spread our time fairly evenly between Disney MGM and DAK. Epcot does seem to get our best attendance, though with the Food and Wine Festival and the Flower and Garden Festival, not to mention Holidays Around the World.

I go to the parks several times a week. We might just pop over for a show, ice cream, etc. Last year in 10 months I went 86 times.

I am still thrilled every time I walk into a park when I can visit at a very relaxed pace. I still haven't seen everything.

We live 3 minutes out the 'back door' of Disney. We visit when friends or family come for vacation, but we also visit a lot for our work and sometimes ride our bikes to Fort Wilderness just to take a break from work. I'd say we're there for a number of days every couple of months, on average.

Fantasia~ Did you move to Florida? I seem to recall that your ID said something about Michigan, but you've made quite a few trips to WDW this summer, so I figure you must have moved closer! :flower:

I visit DTD at least 5 or 6 times a week, but many of those times I am looking for merchandise for my business. While I'm there I usually eat lunch or dinner. We tend to go to Epcot the most. We will often go there on a Friday or Saturday night for dinner. I only visit the other theme parks about once a month. That actually varies by season. I don't go often in the summer. It's too hot and too crowded. I could go more often since I'm only ten minutes from Disney property. Real life tends to get in the way.

to a little south of Sarasota and it takes a couple hours to get up to Disney. Since we moved down in February I have gone in March and May. I have a trip planned for October and trying to get another one in December.

I live in northeast Tampa and it takes us (me and my circle of friends, all in our 20's and early 30's) about 40-45 minutes to get to Disney. I'd say we're there 2-3 times a month, usually for a day trip on a Saturday to a park (or 2 or 3 - Epcot is ALWAYS included - it's home away from home) or hitting Pleasure Island on a Friday night (awesome). Occassionally I'll hit DTD on a weeknight if there's something there I know I want (great place for gifts too), or just want to go there and relax after work. With gas prices though, those weeknight trips don't happen too often.

My annual pass is one of my prized possessions. ;)

We live west of Fort Lauderdale in Margate, Florida and we usually go at least 5 to 6 times a year.

We just moved back to FL...Port St. Lucie. It's about 2 hours from Disney and we're not going to buy an annual pass. I'm hoping to go at least once a month. Even if my hubby doesn't go, I'll maybe take my daughter up for the day. Of course with the gas prices now, it kinda sucks! I know there is tons I've never seen and will love to be able to go in the middle of the week when it's not crowded. In fact I think we're going tomorrow after she gets out of preschool and spend the night and spend Wednesday there too. I can't wait!

Rachel

We're about 90 minutes away and we try to go every other weekend for a day trip. Every couple of months we'll spend the night. In the summer, we spend lots of Saturdays at Typhoon Lagoon and then hop over to Epcot for dinner or MK for fireworks if it's open really late. This past weekend we went to MK for the day and then to Boma for dinner. It's wonderful to be able to go up any time because you don't feel pressure to hit all the rides or shows. I feel very blessed (and spoiled!) to live so close!

AladdinsPrincess said:
We're about 90 minutes away and we try to go every other weekend for a day trip. Every couple of months we'll spend the night. In the summer, we spend lots of Saturdays at Typhoon Lagoon and then hop over to Epcot for dinner or MK for fireworks if it's open really late. This past weekend we went to MK for the day and then to Boma for dinner. It's wonderful to be able to go up any time because you don't feel pressure to hit all the rides or shows. I feel very blessed (and spoiled!) to live so close!

As do I. It is nice to take the parks at our leisure, and not feel pressured to fit everything in. Sometimes I look at people who are obviously from out of town and they are rushing around trying to soak everything in - sometimes people don't know if they'll ever be back again. I remember that feeling from back in the late 80's - the only time I had every been to WDW before I moved down in the mid 90's. Our family didn't know if we'd ever be back.

It's a really great perk to living so close. I feel blessed as well.

*Fantasia* said:
To all FL residence...Especially for those who live around the corner (within an hour drive) how often do you visit Disney? Do you just do a day park? Do you go to Epcot and have lunch/dinner there?

At the very least once a month, usually more. Usually just day trips though, but occasionally overnight. And we have gone to EPCOT just for dinner/lunch/dessert/coffee.

*Fantasia* said:
Do you go there to DTD to shop for your everyday needs? Do you book a room for a weekend to swim at their pool and take advantage of EMH?

DTD -- a bit expensive for everyday stuff, but I was there this weekend and bought a couple things. I have never booked a room just for EMH or the pool. I don't see the point.

*Fantasia* said:
are you guys excited everytime you visit WDW and just as much as we are who comes once or twice a year because we live far and we are always anxious as soon as we land at MCO or after a 21 hour drive?

YES. I love getting away from everyday stuff and escaping to the World. My friends tease me that I could never move away.

I work at Epcot on the weekends but visit as a guest at least twice a week. :love:

We go for the day about 2 times a month, usually to MK. Sometimes we will go to DTD for an afternoon to eat and shop. I just made a special trip to DTD to decorate my DD's bathroom in Mickey. We go about every 2 months to stay a couple of nights or so. We just got back yesterday from 2 days of RV camping at FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter