FL Governor announces lawsuit over cruise industry shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cruise lines are requiring proof of vaccination. DeSantis is prohibiting companies in FL from requiring vaccination. DeSantis won't allow FL to issue any type of vaccine "passport" which would it easier to prove vaccination status.

Cruise lines are requiring proof of vaccination. DeSantis is prohibiting companies in FL from requiring vaccination. DeSantis won't allow FL to issue any type of vaccine "passport" which would it easier to prove vaccination status.

Cruise ships are not American. I believe all of them are based in the Bahamas. I don’t believe Florida has any jurisdiction of who boards a foreign vessel.

When you get the vaccine, they give you the little card with the dates you received your vaccine... why would you need anything else?... this is the proof that you would need to show when boarding a plane or a cruise ship... If people want to cruise and have had the vaccine, and follow the rules on board, its no different from getting on a plane or going to a theme park. So open the cruise lines, and lets get on with it...

Who is suppose to issue this Vaccine passport? and what is that going to cost? and who is suppose to pay for it?
As well their are Hippa laws in place to protect everyone medical privacy?

So because they have a smaller population it gives the U.S. the right to put that small population (who has had a low case count up until now) at risk?

The Bahamas is starting sailing out of their country... The Bahamian Government made that decision... the US has nothing to do with it...
They made the decision to open up and gave the thumbs up to the cruise lines to start sailing again...

How on earth is the U.S. putting them at risk.? we have nothing to do with what the Bahamian government does..
Much less our Governor, he is trying to get the cruise lines open here for the same reason... the Economy... putting people back to work in the towns and areas that the cruise lines support , and getting the economy up and running...

Last edited:
Vaccine status is not protected in the same way as other medical information is, because it's a matter of public health.

I disagree... Your medical information should be protected, all your medical information should be protected... and you should be the only person who decides on what you are willing to share... For me I have no problem showing my vaccine card, to prove that I'm vaccinated, so that I am free to travel...internationally or if we decide to cruise... or even domestically if it comes to that.

When you get the vaccine, they give you the little card with the dates you received your vaccine... why would you need anything else?... this is the proof that you would need to show when boarding a plane or a cruise ship... If people want to cruise and have had the vaccine, and follow the rules on board, its no different from getting on a plane or going to a theme park. So open the cruise lines, and lets get on with it...

Who is suppose to issue this Vaccine passport? and what is that going to cost? and who is suppose to pay for it?
As well their are Hippa laws in place to protect everyone medical privacy?

HIPPA doesn't prevent vaccine "passports". Several organizations including IATA are coming out with a vaccine passport. NY has a vaccine passport.

HIPPA doesn't prevent vaccine "passports". Several organizations including IATA are coming out with a vaccine passport. NY has a vaccine passport.

I'm not familiar with what the IATA is?

Why is it important the NY has a vaccine passport?

Vaccine status is not protected in the same way as other medical information is, because it's a matter of public health.

There are tons of matters that involve " matter of public health" and some that could be a matter of public health... so how do you handle this...

Cruise ships are not American. I believe all of them are based in the Bahamas. I don’t believe Florida has any jurisdiction of who boards a foreign vessel.

Almost. NCL has Pride of America (~2,500 passengers) in which her port of registry is Honolulu. In fact, she could bypass the PSVA (Passenger Vehicle Services Act) and sail to Alaska without penalty. It's a very unique situation for one cruise ship at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!