Fixing Disney Budget - Need input

T. Lynn

...livin' and learnin' - simplified my life :-)
I'm looking for some rough figures for a 2 week stay.

If you stayed at Disney, onsite at a Moderate, for 2 weeks, please share an estimate of what it would cost or what you may have spent.

I'm looking at May (regular season), 3 people, at CSR with Dining Plan and 10-day hoppers (non-expire). Also need to fly and want to visit Universal for 1 day.

I'm updating my budget and just curious as to how much I may need. I want to start using DH bonus money for what I need to save. It's not figured into our budget so it really is extra money. I want to use half to pay down on our dept and other half for Disney. I still have 2 years to save and I want to break it down into months so I know what to put back.

If anything else is needed to take into consideration, please let me know.

This will be our first onsite stay and I have no clue as to costs.

Instead of guessing, just go to www.disney.com and guide your mouse onto the Destinations area. A pop up will show Walt Disney World. Click on that and you will be taken to the main page for reservations, tickets, etc. From there just plug in what you wish to do. The website will price everything out for you and if you want to proceed you can, otherwise you're not obligated and you just exit out. Or I would call Disney CRO and ask them to price it out for you. Once again, you are not obligated. This way you will know exactly how much this trip is going to cost you. Next, just figure out your airline tickets and you're done.

If you don't wish to do any of this then I would use a Disney approved travel agent. I'm sure this board could recommend one. I personally don't use them as I like to plan myself. It's fun to me. :crazy:

Good luck!

Here is a very general budget just off the top of my head..

Hotel - Moderate - for 14 days @ $200 per day = $2800.00
Park tickets 10 days w/park hopper & plus pack = $1000.00
Airfare (don't know where from) from Denver $1000.00
Dining package $38.00 X 3=$114.00 (3 adults) X 14 days=$1596.00
or $38.00 X 2=$76.00 + $11.00 (child) X14= $1218.00
Universal tickets $200.00
Spending $$ ($100 per day) = $1400.00
Grand total $6996.00

Thanks. I'll try plugging in the dates for May 2006 and see what comes up.

Ok, guess that won't work. CSR has no openings for May so it won't give me a price. I'll just have to wait for some responses or break down and call when I get a chance.

It's regular season - you can use any other dates that are also regular season - Regular season at CSR extends through 8/26 and is also 10/5-11/25. I'd add between 5 and 10% for price increases if you aren't anticipating going until 2008.

Thanks. I had to do it by 2 seperate reservations.

One for 10 day with hoppers & dining = $3467.43
One for 4 day with room only = $691.36

I put in the budget for around $4600.00 for the above (with 10% inflation added)
Then I just need to add airfare, car rental and Universal tickets to my budget. DH gets a good price on car rental and he wants his own vehicle for traveling off site.

Maybe by then you will be allowed to have 14 nights on one reservation. It is kinda dumb that you have to split it up.

Thanks for the help. Closer to the time I'll have to check AAA rates but I hate leaving reservations up to someone else. I'm always afraid something will go wrong.

Since you know what tickets you want, why don't you buy them first. If you do a search on here, you can find some discount places to purchase them. Tickets prices always go up. Never seen a decrease ever.

But remember, if you want the dining plan you have to purchase at least a one day base ticket at a cost of about $60. So make sure that is figured in if you were to buy your tickets ahead of time.

It would be cheaper just to buy the 10 day pass with the plan, rather than a 1 day for dining and then a 9/10 day additional ticket somewhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter