Fishy buyer on ebay need help from the experts! UPDATE posted

just about to say the same thing about the stolen credit card. I also wonder if maybe they own a small boutique and found your products to be the least expensive. Keep us updated.

Or they're using them as gifts for an event or favors for a party of some sort. But it would have to be one heck of a shindig. :lmao:

If it isn't a scam, I think JerseyMamaBear probably has it right. They might be looking at reselling your items at a markup in a store they own.

I am tempted to call the buyer back and ask what their intentions for buying so much is for. I did do a google search on the guy and the person is a college student, they have an uncommon name so I am sure it's the same person as the city, state and name all match up.

I had a buyer today with no feedback go through and buy $700 worth of items from me on ebay. Normally I sell $50 to one person at a time (except for the one time a person purchased $300 but that was once in 10 years of selling) so anyway this is very strange!!! Once I saw this person was going crazy buying I put them on my bidder block list.

The buyer did send payment via paypal immediately by credit card but it's to an unconfirmed address. I did try calling them but there was no answer.

This just smells all too fishy to me. What would you do in this situation? Should I wait awhile before sending the items just to make sure ebay or paypal don't cancel this whole order? I know to send the package with delivery confirmation and insurance. What else can I do to protect myself?

Has anybody else been experiencing this lately? In the last week I have had at least 10 buyers all with no feedback buy from me and this is the only person so far who has paid. I am just wondering what is going on.

It sounds too fishy to me too!
I have sold a few hundred items (my kid's textbooks, etc) on Ebay. Usually all transactions go well, and I have a 100% rating. However, once I got a bad feeling about a transaction, It was for a $175.00 college textbook my daughter had just finished using. The address of the buyer was unconfirmed, and the phone number disconnected. Fortunately ( never happen before) the purchaser's city was the next city over from where I lived. I went to try to find the address-no such address existed. I canceled the transaction!

I never heard from the purchaser regarding the cancellation or the inability to locate an address. By canceling the transaction, at least I was not out any money. I do not like to sell to buyers with no feedback either purchasing from or selling too. The two bad transactions I have personal experience with were 1. no payment and 2. unconfirmed address and no response, both had zero feedback.

I know that we all start with zero feedback but I prefer not to work with them, until they have at least a few purchases under their belt.

This person probably ordered so much because the card is stolen!
Save yourself a headache and cancel the transaction!

Well I called the buyer back and it's a legit sale! Once they told me who they were and some more details and the reason for buying so many (to sell in their store) I felt completely comfortable with the whole transaction. I have shipped their items off and they loved everything they received and I got paid. So everything worked out and they want to buy more!

One thing I did find out was that you can set your buyer requirements on ebay so that someone with 5 or less feedback is limited to how many auctions they can buy from you.

Anyway just wanted to give an update and thanks for everyone who responded to help me figure out what was going on.

I'm glad that this is all working out!

Congratulations on the large sale and I hope you are able to build a successful business relationship!

:thumbsup2

Good deal. Works out for you and them! Win-win!

Don't feel bad about being cautious though. These days you have to be careful. Especially with that amount of money/merchandise at stake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter