Fishing trips in Cozumel or Grand Cayman?

dznyacct

DIS Veteran
We will be on the 5/16/09 western :). DH is interested in a fishing trip at one of our ports (not Key West). I know that CC has a fishing trip, but does anyone know of a reputable company in Cozumel or Grand Cayman that woud offer a fishing trip that would fit in with our time in port? Thanks for any ideas :)!

We chartered a boat through Captain Marvins when we were in Grand Cayman. We are a family of 4 and we had a GREAT time.

We fished the whole time because we didn't think about bringing swimsuits but they offered to take us to the stingrays or said we could swim off the boat too. They said we chartered the boat, we could do what we want.

We highly recommend them.

wdhinn89 ~ Can you please tell me how much it was to charter the boat and how long you were out on the water? Thanks :)!

We paid $600 for 1/2 day. This is the website http://www.captainmarvins.com/
We did not book ahead of time because we wanted to see the weather and if it was rough. We walked to Captain Marvins that day and inquired. Luckily the people who originally chartered our boat did not show so we were able to take their place.

My husband and son, who fish all the time, said it was a fun day but the boat stayed in-shore and we only caught small fish. They said it would be better to do a full day and go off shore and ask to fish the 12 mile banks. We didn't do this because it cost alot more money and my daughter and I were not into a full day on the boat. We caught 1 shipjack tuna, 2 barracudas and 1 mahi mahi. We also dropped a wahoo. They were on the smaller side and they crew seemed quite surpise on the amount of fish we caught.

Again, we all had a great time and a beautiful day. I'm sure the boys would have like to catch bigger fish and g.one further out, but we had fun and would do it again. Hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter