Fishing @ resorts?

mousiemom

55th wdw trip
Can you fish in the resort lakes? Is it a catch and release deal?
Thanks for the info?

Yes I know you can fish with a guide at the deluxe resorts not sure of prices but yes there are half days and its only catch and release :)

I saw one lucky fisherman pull a lunker bass out of the lake at the Boardwalk. Their boat was near the pier below the Atlantic Dance Hall. The water level dropped enought that all ramps had to be adjusted for the water taxis.

The guided fishing tours start out at $200+ for a 2 hour cruise. It is strictly catch and release, but if you hit a good day you're going to catch a lot, and have fun. The guides are all BASS certified and they will provide you with drinks.

As far as fishing on your own is concerned...I think you used to be able to rent poles and fish over by PO, but I'm not sure if that is allowed any more.

The guided fishing excursions can be had on Bay Lake/Seven Seas (pick up from CR marina I think), and World Showcase Lagoon/Crescent Lake (pick up from YC marina).

Its a very nice experience, and I highly recommend it.

There is a Fishin' Hole at POR. This is for cane pole fishing with bait (equipment and bait are provided). There is catfish, bass and bluegill.

At POR they also offer a fishing excursion. This is a 2 hour guided fishing excursion down the Sassagoula River waterways and into Lake Buena Vista. Not sure of the price.....they provide fishing equipment...24 hour advance reservation needed.

I was told that you can fish at the lake at Pop---catch and release is all they allow at Disney. Don't know where you'd get the bait though? :confused3

In 2004, I saw a man and his son starting to fish in the canal at BCV. In less than 10 minutes, security came and made them stop. That was the canal with the alligator/crocodile in it.

I know fishing is allowed in all the waterways at FW as well, except off the beaches. I'm pretty sure Disney allows fishing in any of the lakes, as long as you arent on a beach area, since I've seen people fishing at OKW before as well.

I called Disney and asked - Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds offers pole/equipment rental as well as guided fishing trips. You don't need reservations to rent and dock-fish but do for the guided fishing boat trips.

Thats what I was told. I think we will be going over to POR for the cane pole fishing, since they provide the bait there. Does anyone know what days and hours they are open?

The year we stayed at WL I took a two piece pole and some small lures. I caught quite a few fish and even a couple of bass. Other than those it was mostly bluegill and pearch. I think you can fish in most of the lakes with the provision that you don't go wade fishing, and you don't make yourself a nusance (ie fishing near where boats dock, load and unload) Everything is catch and release.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter