First world problem - a huge unknown!

SnowBelleAlice

Mouseketeer
I want to visit WDW later this year; November or December avoiding the holidays. Free dining would be greatly appreciated!
The conundrum, I joined the Air Force Reserve on 3/1
I don't have a date for basic training, it and my tech school will be a total of 15 weeks, assuming all goes well. I will leave sometime this year for my trainings.
Do I book two visits, one in November, one in December - heck, depending on how things play out both months might not work out. I don't want to visit prior to October, due to heat and humidity, and our three previous visits have been in October.
I figure I'll squirrel money away on Disney GCs, and when I have a date we'll cancel one, and pay off the other.
Your thoughts, please.

I think I would call Disney see if they have a military dept to talk to??? I don't know enough about it all but I know they are pretty great toward the military and ask them if you were to book then literally got up to the last few weeks before and you had to cancel it if they would just move the trip forward for you. I know my sister in law had to cancel last min due to a death in the family and Disney was fantastic about it and let them move their trip from Oct to March without any major issues.

But I don't see a problem with booking 2 dates and going from there. Might be wise. We booked POR last summer for this fall. Just looked yesterday and it's booked solid for our week. (I assume because of construction at other moderates)

Call Disney reservations. When my husband was in the military, they offered some really good deals, and also tickets. See what they can do to help you! We have stayed once at Shades of Green (not bad, really), but when they are full, Disney had offered overflow rates that were quite excellent, at the Disney resorts.

If you book a room only reservation, you have a better cancellation policy than if you book a package. Like, I think, 5 days? So I would not book a package, especially since you can get a nice Military ticket offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter