First Visit,Lots of dining reviews, pics, 2/24-3/3. Updated 3/29 Rose&Crown/Illumin

Cute kids!!!

I'm loving your reviews. So, I had a question on CRT did they get rid of the pre-plated breakfast? It use to be that way... But your breakfast looks really good since you get to pick it out.

You can really learn a lot by reading the boards. I learned so much on these boards prior to my trip. The only issue is I had made all of my ADRs before I discovered the boards, and it was hard to make changes later as places had filled up.

One thing I would do different is change my thought process on early morning breakfasts at other resorts. Outside of the monorail resorts and places within walking distance or on boat routes. Resort to resort Disney transport is available it just takes some planning and more importantly some time.

We stayed at the Poly and we could take a boat or monorail to MK and then a bus to the Beach Club. The question was what time would buses being run from MK to the Beach Club and how often?

Our estimate was that one way trip we would need to set aside an hour, in the end we didn't want to give up that much sleep so we took a cab 10 minutes later and $15 bucks we were at the Cape May Cafe.

Total Cost with tax not including tip $70.09 or four credits for us, overall one of the better values

We were super excited about going to the Cape May Cafe as it is located in the beautiful Beach and Yacht club a place we debated long hard about staying at until we decide to stay at the Poly.

So we arrive on time for our reservation and we are seated right away the place was not that busy, it is a very nice space.

The food is laid out beautiful, earlier I had complained about food being set in large containers under heat lamps and visually that bothered me, however here they had done that and I found the presentation great and it made my hungry as I am now writing this.
4420624463_f8f541404a_b.jpg

4421390598_e9bb6012a9_b.jpg

Gotta love Mickey waffles
4420625329_6ebb9a1ea1_b.jpg

Their danish and other breakfast sweets were great!! Plenty of choices and each one better than the next.
4421391414_04600a0bdc_b.jpg

They had a lot of sweets
4420626257_15926836b6_b.jpg

In the background the DW helping the DK pick out what they want. I love cornbread and cornbread for breakfast seemed to be quite a treat. I also loved how the displayed the fruit look at these bananas.
4420626621_a52e089376_b.jpg

A lot more fruit
4420627039_84ebeb2598_b.jpg

4421393200_7a80318636_b.jpg

Just so much to pick from I have stated several times in this review that I am not the biggest fan of breakfast. Well I am a huge fan of the Cape May Breakfast, yes they have the normal things such as sausage, eggs, and bacon. Things that aren't for me but the family loves but they also have so many other choices in pastries, fruit, and cornbread, sorry I love cornbread.

Let's see no meat lots of cornbread, must be my plate.
4420628237_0ca88bc865_b.jpg

Character Interaction
Cape May has the big names Minnie, Goofy and Donald.

Goofy is the star of the show. He sat down at our table a played with kids for a couple of minutes. Watching your kids interact without saying a word with a character is priceless. I am still amazed that because the fur Characters don't speak my kids don't talk to them it just lots of hugs and smiles.
4435529052_204f675c53_o.jpg

4434754875_883f6f2469_o.jpg

4434754929_3d4899f24b_o.jpg

Overall Cape May is awesome, we had the most relaxing character meal of the trip here, there were plenty of options with the food and it was all great, my DS got to have his oatmeal and add all types of things to it. It just a relaxing place with great food and great atomsphere, we will be back to Cape May. Afterwards we took a nice relaxing walk along the grounds outside before jumping on a boat to Epcot.

Thanks for reading

So we check-in at the Poly have lunch at the Kona Cafe and go swimming in the rain. Yes in the rain it was 70 degrees and as my dd-5 said we won't notice the rain in the pool. We get a text room is ready go to our room beautiful and we get ready to go to Chef Mickey's.

So our ressie is at 5pm. I didn't know this was first seating we get there at like 4:50. There are a couple families there already taking group pics and a CM comes up to me and ask if our kids would like to opening Chef Mickey's with Mickey Mouse. Heard of this but not sure how it works so we say yes of course. The CM ask us if our kids our good with charcters and not scared. I say oh yea their fine. I have no idea if this is true or not this is our very first charcter meal, but no way they weren't going to try. Well here are some pics of it, I have more on my photopass account, I will post those if anyone can tell me how to do it before I get my cd.

4414000098_baeb2bd321.jpg

4414024140_7f002b8e9d.jpg

Ok so clearly they were not scared. I cannot tell you how cool this was I have been in the world for less than 5 hours. It's our first trip for everybody, the first charcter they meet is Mickey and they get to do this. This trip was perfect and its only been 5 hours
4414024186_301b45a704.jpg

Next post food pics and review of food,and service. Just enjoying this for a little while longer.

What a great first time experience for your kids! I'll bet they were so-o-o-o-o excited!:yay:

Thanks for the Crystal Palace review, we are eating breakfast there in Sept but have never tried lunch or dinner. We decided to try it before the MNSSHP and your review makes me feel better about it. YUM.

Also, was Mickey at Cape May Breakfast? I thought it was just Minnie, Donald and Goofy now. We are staying at BC and have an ADR there one morning, it will be so nice to just walk downstairs for it. :banana:

Great review! Your pics. are wonderful!!!!:thumbsup2

CM is one of our fav. places! We are starting our vacation there this trip! I also booked Cape May for breakfast. My DH is not a breakfast person but the selection looks/sounds great!:goodvibes

The pic. of your children hugging Mickey is priceless!:wizard: A very magical moment indeed!

Thanks for sharing!:)

Thanks for the Crystal Palace review, we are eating breakfast there in Sept but have never tried lunch or dinner. We decided to try it before the MNSSHP and your review makes me feel better about it. YUM.

Also, was Mickey at Cape May Breakfast? I thought it was just Minnie, Donald and Goofy now. We are staying at BC and have an ADR there one morning, it will be so nice to just walk downstairs for it. :banana:

Oops you are right I don't know why I said Mickey too

Cute kids!!!
Thanks

I'm loving your reviews. So, I had a question on CRT did they get rid of the pre-plated breakfast? It use to be that way... But your breakfast looks really good since you get to pick it out.
The breakfast is still pre-plated but if you want more they let us pick what we wanted and they just brought that

For your home dining pleasure...

Cinderella's Cheese French Toast Recipe
Seriously, thank you

Love all the pics in your review!:thumbsup2
We took so many pics it fun to look at them all and tell stories

Yes, it was good, love the building and the location

Yea, I got excited no Mickey but still fun

Great review! Your pics. are wonderful!!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks for reading

CM is one of our fav. places! We are starting our vacation there this trip! I also booked Cape May for breakfast. My DH is not a breakfast person but the selection looks/sounds great!:goodvibes
We still feel very mixed on CM, great character, so-so food

The pic. of your children hugging Mickey is priceless!:wizard: A very magical moment indeed!
It's our favorite from the whole

Thanks for sharing!:)
Thanks for reading

We are excited as we enter the door to Akershus after about a 10 minute wait we were brought in and there was Belle and the kids were excited to take a picture with her.
4444871617_80241cdbf6.jpg

We were seated and Marie a very nice waitress came over and talked to the kids and told them what it was like Norway and taught them how to say some things in Norwegian. It was a total Epcot thing my kids wanted to know how to say Hi in every language they could learn it in and this CM was happy to help.

I have read plenty of positive reviews on this place and it seemed like it would be hard to live up to them.

She explained the process first their was a appetizer buffet that was really nice with cheeses, shrimp, salad and other delicious things. I could have made a meal just from those items. So after we were seated with those items we placed our order and promptly got the following:

I ordered an open faced chicken sandwich without bacon, which is almost sacrilegious in my family but it was great I love tasting new flavors. The flavor combination was different than anything I have tasted before, I am assuming it is tasting true to its Norwegian roots, but is was very good.
4420628577_d91ca2c71e.jpg

It came with a hearty vegetable soup that tried to steal the show it was delicious.

The DW had the chicken and she loved it found the chicken very moist and flavorful, and she ate her vegatables which is unlike her but she said the asparagus was really good.
4420628857_7a69962398.jpg

My son had a hot dog and my daughter had a pizza that was a little well done but she didn't seem to mine at ate it all
4421395022_dd36f27e98.jpg

4420629563_0ce8123b1a.jpg

Then there was dessert
The apple pie, chocolate cake, mint creme and the ice cream was all really food and one of the most creative desserts all week.
4420629915_a048760f79.jpg

The meal was very good and well rounded the mini-buffet, the entree, and then the dessert were all very good, and make it worth a visit and that is before we even get to the character interactions

Character interactions well as you go in you get to take a picture with Belle that I shared earlier. The best part is like the CRT that pic is included in the price.

So we got to meet four of our favorite princesses as they visited our table
The best was with Snow White where we were hit eith some more pixie dust.
The day prior we were at the CRT and saw Snow White, and my kids are young and they have not caught on to the fact that several different people "play" the characters they love. But in this case it was the same Snow White from the day prior at CRT. What was really even more amazing was she remembered the kids and said "Maya & Mason its so good to see you again are you following me" and with that she gave prince Mason a big kiss on the forehead with her deep red lipstick.
4444873233_10cb84f812_b.jpg

Then came Cinderella and she was very nice and had fun with the kids and commented on my daughters hair that was still done up from her trip the day before to BBB. Then she saw the lipstick on my DS head and said Snow white kissed my prince, well that just won't do and she planted a kiss on his head also.
4420453456_c2535a5e8e_o.jpg

4444872739_c7e8d861f8_b.jpg

So then came Ariel the first time we had met her she was great and but when she saw the two previous princess had kissed my son she was like its my turn my turn, she looked at my DD and said why don't I give you kiss and she kissed my DD. That made her day and DS was great with his two kisses
4445647180_95e3089696_b.jpg

4444873777_4cd3fdf983_b.jpg

Aurora also made appearance which was fun too
4444872165_c47b532f86_b.jpg

Wrap-up
The food was great and there was a lot of it. It was tasty, interesting, and served well. The character interaction was done well, even though it can be quite crowed in there. These CM showed how in just a couple minutes you could make the the trip Magical for kids.
It's a great value, while I cannot downplay how great it was to meet Cinderella in the Castle this is a much better value you meet Cinderella and Ariel without waiting for her at her grotto. You also get the picture included in your price and its a whole lot cheaper either with cash or on the dining plan as its only a 1 credit place.

Overall, it would be hard to plan another trip without making a stop here.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

total cost with tax not including tip $112.58 or 4 dining credits for us

I am so glad to hear another positive review of Akersus. I was thinking about dumping it but am glad that I have decided to keep it.

I teared up when I read that Snow White remembered your kids. How awesome!

I'm loving your reviews and you have a beautiful family!!!!

Thank you for sharing and reliving the magic for all of us to enjoy!

your food review and photos of the food and the kiddos are amazing....thanks for taking the time to do this as we all love Pixie dust and FOOD.

Thanks again

your children are beautiful and I really enjoyed reading about your experience at Akershus. :goodvibes

wow your first trip is amazing!! you are an adorable family. You picked some of our favorites - Crystal Palace and Cape May. We prefer Chef Mickey breakfast but you can't replace the opening family memory - awesome. Thanks for taking the time to review. Looking forward to more.

PS we love the poly but when we visited the beach club to eat at Beaches and Cream my ds (now 12) decided we had to stay there. We liked it so much we are returning this year. The Poly is the great though - best transportation options - if you ask me,

Ricklg3-
I love your reviews, and I'm looking forward to the rest! As it turns out, we are using the same travel agent as you did! :goodvibes 090She started telling me the story about your son at Akershus, and how the princesses were kissing his head. I knew the story sounded familiar. Than she mentioned opening at Chef Mickeys, and I KNEW it was you! What a small world!

Our 180 days is tomorrow, so I am sooo looking forward to see how she puts this all together for us. She already has a list of the ones I think look good- all of them, you've been to! This is also the 1st trip for all of us (with kids 2,4 & 6)- also staying at the poly!

We booked Plus Dining Plan. I have been resistant to the deluxe dining plan because I'm afraid to feel overbooked- as if we are always chasing a reservation. So I am looking forward to your conclusion.:):)

Great reviews- you have a beautiful family!
Thanks I can't stare at them enough but I am bias

I am so glad to hear another positive review of Akersus. I was thinking about dumping it but am glad that I have decided to keep it.
Akersus is a must for us on future visits. Food and Princesses and location put it high on our to do list

I teared up when I read that Snow White remembered your kids. How awesome!
Seriously, it was great that she remembered the kids

I'm loving your reviews and you have a beautiful family!!!!

Thank you for sharing and reliving the magic for all of us to enjoy!
Thanks for reading

your food review and photos of the food and the kiddos are amazing....thanks for taking the time to do this as we all love Pixie dust and FOOD.

Thanks again
Thanks that means a lot coming from you

your children are beautiful and I really enjoyed reading about your experience at Akershus. :goodvibes
Akershus was great

wow your first trip is amazing!! you are an adorable family. You picked some of our favorites - Crystal Palace and Cape May. We prefer Chef Mickey breakfast but you can't replace the opening family memory - awesome. Thanks for taking the time to review. Looking forward to more.

PS we love the poly but when we visited the beach club to eat at Beaches and Cream my ds (now 12) decided we had to stay there. We liked it so much we are returning this year. The Poly is the great though - best transportation options - if you ask me,
Later I will review Beaches n Cream. We struggled choosing between the beach club and poly. Have to agree with you on poly and transportation so easy so many options

great updates. Thanks for sharing your food reviews with us. can't wait for more.
Thanks for reading more are on the way

Great updates! :thumbsup2

Love the review for Akershus...we have a ressie for breakfast there.
It is so much fun to relive the trip

Ricklg3-
I love your reviews, and I'm looking forward to the rest! As it turns out, we are using the same travel agent as you did! :goodvibes 090She started telling me the story about your son at Akershus, and how the princesses were kissing his head. I knew the story sounded familiar. Than she mentioned opening at Chef Mickeys, and I KNEW it was you! What a small world!

Our 180 days is tomorrow, so I am sooo looking forward to see how she puts this all together for us. She already has a list of the ones I think look good- all of them, you've been to! This is also the 1st trip for all of us (with kids 2,4 & 6)- also staying at the poly!

We booked Plus Dining Plan. I have been resistant to the deluxe dining plan because I'm afraid to feel overbooked- as if we are always chasing a reservation. So I am looking forward to your conclusion.:):)

Diane is great we have a ton to say about deluxe dining stay tuned

We spend hours last night reading your posts and loving the pics! Hurry up and post more - we can't wait!! :jumping3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter